What's new

Security threat: DRDO to make own OS

I hope they don't mean a completely new operating system. Maybe a derivation of Unix would be feasible... I sure as hell wouldn't pick DRDO to make anything, let alone and operating system.

yes dardo makes OS???, this will prevent the hackers??, i dont think so???, if those hackers can oenetrate pentagon and steal f-35 infos, how can laughable org like DARDO who already makes fake/failed products can avoid such attack

and hackers will invest their valuable energies elsewhere where they can get infos on successful products

Troll :sick:

i couldn't understand ,

does these hackers knows the " complete architecture...source code" of the OS produce by microsoft ?

if these hackers can break the codes of a well experience company like MS then DRDO is just a beginers in this ..

ok first of all if the OS is public, no matter how experienced the developers are, u can dam well guarantee itll get hacked.
The more hackers the OS is exposed to the faster there is a breakthrough in finding a loop hole. The logic behind making a closed source Os engine,
is to totally be in control of the limited distribution , and hence its exposure to hackers.

THe Os DRDO is gonna use is nothing like the GUI based Windows , its gonna be a simple command line engine(eg basic DOS) that has custom commands that are only known to the ones operating it. No one can break that unless theres an Insider leak and then a physical breach.

it will have a password access a close hard network , and a solid data Inscription + Fail-safes in case of unusual patterns or anomalies in data entries/Extraction. Don't expect it to be user friendly.

DRDO is a white elephant to consume all tax payers money...It could not produce a battle tank for Indian Army in more than 2 decade and now they are talking about creating an OS.....Sometimes i think these BS DRDO guys are crazy of getting publicity.......Some one should tell them that first acheive something and then thump your chest that they have made something out of their own....

So as they didnt produce battle tank, DRDO shouldnt make any other products?
What about Agni1/2/3,Prithvi,PAD,AAD,Aakash SAM... u???
This white elephant is very different from other elephants. We have only one. Try to make best out of that and give it time.

i couldn't understand ,

does these hackers knows the " complete architecture...source code" of the OS produce by microsoft ?

if these hackers can break the codes of a well experience company like MS then DRDO is just a beginers in this ..

nobody said that DRDO is going to build an OS on windows platform

The chinese have had their own OS since 2007 called Kylin,the Chinese have also developed a secure microprocessor that, unlike US-made chips, is known to be hardened against external access by a hacker or automated malicious software,i really wonder that the ppl who entrusted with cybersecurity of our country actualy capable and forward thinking,the chinese development started wayback in 2001 and we are here starting the development in 2011,its so frustrating reading again and again the laxity of the GOI and its aggressiveness.

yes dardo makes OS???, this will prevent the hackers??, i dont think so???
Well DRDO never said that the OS can never be hacked. Hell even the Linux is attacked by hackers but they have to try very hard and let me tell you if we build an OS it will be good and will definitely protect us from most of the attacks except a few good ones. Although i think we should just pic up a Linux and modify it as per our need, there's no need to build the whole OS.

yes dardo makes OS???, this will prevent the hackers??, i dont think so???, if those hackers can oenetrate pentagon and steal f-35 infos, how can laughable org like DARDO who already makes fake/failed products can avoid such attack

and hackers will invest their valuable energies elsewhere where they can get infos on successful products

Burning retard! :rofl:

Its really hurt we can develop cutting edge system while you make some chinese product under ToT. Giving those a Islamic name does not make them Pakistani.

Well at the documents related to f-35 which were hacked were not sensitive and were stored on comps without much of security..!!Thats why it was hacked!! Dont think americans are dumb..!! The store sensitive documents only on comps offline..!! We do it to!! Its just that even the unimportant details must not be taken away by hackers that they put security features!!

Back
Top Bottom