What's new

Security forces make gains in Maidan area: ISPR

yes dear all of them are 35k and the problem is they have reserve bases in AFG so when we hit them they run to AFG and then letter come back on attack on border posts . if nato -isaf - US - afg forces seal border we can finish them in a month but they don't do it and even they support them to keep pak busy in wot .

By any stretch of imagination, 35K is a huge number for a guerrilla force? and not at all easy to eliminate them soon, even for a joint operation.

I was inquiring about the overall numbers they intend to uproot, kill or capture - 5,000, 10,000? what numbers are we talking about as a whole?

Again, no idea, but they're obviously not going in blind.

yes dear all of them are 35k and the problem is they have reserve bases in AFG so when we hit them they run to AFG and then letter come back on attack on border posts . if nato -isaf - US - afg forces seal border we can finish them in a month but they don't do it and even they support them to keep pak busy in wot .

We shall count Afghanistan's undemocratic govt. and their patrons, responsible for all the terrorism in Pakistan.

Any idea what's the numbers of the terrorists? because I hope the PA aren't going in blind without knowing appox numbers they are fighting against.

Lashkar e islam militants are around 3 thousand, claimed by mangal bagh. While TTP, mostly uzbeks, in tirah are several hundreds.

my dear sir how many time i told you pak forces don't give a single SH!t to media internet news . we all know 13 groups of ttp have some 30 to 350000 members

Wtf....it is huge exaggeration.
According to estimates,
TTP including uzbeks are between 8-12 thousands.

It appears progress is slow but steady. I would have hoped that our forces make short work of the militants.

It appears progress is slow but steady. I would have hoped that our forces make short work of the militants.

This is a border area of Afghanistan, consider it a fight against best of foreign military brains, their economic reach and political influence in Pakistan!

Clean out the rotten mess. No TALKS and no NEGOTIATIONS and definitely take no PRISONERS. Use other friendly forces like Afghan Taliban and Ansar e Islam Units for help. Squeeze out these GHADDARS and show no mercy this time. TTP is like a cancerous Tumour which needs to be operated upon and removed from Pakistan's body.

35 militants, 1 soldier killed in Pakistan clashes - The Times of India

ISLAMABAD: Thirty-five militants and a soldier have died in fighting in the restive Khyber tribal region of northwest Pakistan during an operation to flush out rebels, the military said today.

Five soldiers and 15 militants were also injured in clashes over the past two days, the Inter-Services Public Relations said in a brief statement.

Security forces had made "significant gains" over the past three days and cleared key areas of the Maidan region of Khyber Agency.

Troops have also taken "full control" of the strategic Derastani Ridge that overlooks Maidan and Kuki Khel Valley, the statement said.

The operation in the Maidan region was launched after troops cleared Muhammadi Top in Kurram Agency and Haider Kandao in Tirah Valley of Khyber Aegncy.

Security forces also flushed militants out of the heights of Darwazgai Kandao.

The military offensive in Khyber Agency was launched some weeks ago after dozens of Pakistani Taliban fighters entered the tribal district and occupied key areas.

The latest reports of casualties could not be independently verified as journalists are barred from the tribal belt.

I was inquiring about the overall numbers they intend to uproot, kill or capture - 5,000, 10,000? what numbers are we talking about as a whole?

Tehrik Taliban Pakistan - 20,000
Lashkar-e-Islam - 2,000 - 3,000
Swat Taliban / TNSM - 1,000-1,500
Islamic Jihad (IMU) - 500 - 1,000

2012 Estimates according to many sources ....

News are Tirah valley is cleared of Rawlibans and operation is declared complete.

Back
Top Bottom