ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Sectarian killings might break Pakistan: Altaf Hussain

429733-AltafHussain-1346505818-642-640x480.jpg

By Web Desk
Published: September 1, 2012
MQM chief addresses a conference organised to promote harmony between different sects of Islam. PHOTO: FILE

KARACHI: Expressing serious concerns over the ongoing sectarian violence in the country, Muttahida Qaumi Movement’s (MQM’s) chief Altaf Hussain said on Saturday that the trend might break Pakistan.

“If people are not provided protection, Pakistan will break into pieces. Christian, Barelvis, and Shias’ will demand a separate state for themselves,” warned Altaf.

Addressing a conference organised to promote harmony between different sects of Islam, Hussain urged religious scholars to take practical steps to end the ongoing sectarian strife in the country.

He criticised political leadership for their lack of interest in providing protection to people, saying that they were friends of brutality.

Shia killings
He pointed out that anti-Shia videos were being uploaded on youtube to ignite sectarianism.
Condemning the brutal murders of Shias in Lalusar, Gilgit, KP, Quetta and Balochistan, he asked, “tell me about any other incident in which people were pulled out off a bus and killed after being verified as shia?”

“If law enforcement agencies cannot do their jobs then let people protect themselves. People who are taking Shias off buses and killing them are not just murdering Shias, they are conspiring to murder Pakistan,” Altaf added.

He questioned on how arrested culprits were set free while the judiciary took stern action against a democratically elected Prime Minister.

Muslim Unity forum
The MQM chief urged religious scholars to establish a forum to promote religious harmony in the country.

“Shia scholars need to be very careful in their speeches and should shake hands with Sunni scholars. Sunnis and Shias should work together against people who are trying to break Muslim unity,” stressed Altaf.

Stand on Quaid-e-Azam’s sect
“Videos are being uploaded on Youtube which say Shias are murderers. Mohammad Ali Jinnah was also a Shia Khoja Muslim,” he reminded.
“If Shias are murderers then so was Pakistan’s founder (God forbid),” Altaf said, adding that he had always advised against talking about sects as Quaid-e-Azam’s sect would also come under discussion then.

Hmm vote banks politics is strong in paksitan as in india... but the difference is the Strong Gun culture and militant Groups based on ideologies.....How come no one tried to assasinate Altaf for saying this ??

AH has the audacity to preach in public what others are only saying in private. It's a bitter truth...

He realised it very early and took off to london

He seems too much popular and powerful in Karachi otherwise controlling a party far away from The UK is not so easy.

thus why called traitor and this is the trend unfortunately any one who speaks logic is called a traitor

Oh please, give it a break!!

I would like to see him in Pakistan and renounce his British nationality. Only then he as the right to say something. Until then, its just a political stunt to give statements here or there.

In fact he is no different than Nawaz Sharif and Zardari. They have properties, kids and business interests abroad, while Altaf Hussain is himself abroad!!

Somebody needs to talk sense to the followers of these 'leaders'.

I would like to see him in Pakistan and renounce his British nationality. Only then he as the right to say something. Until then, its just a political stunt to give statements here or there.

In fact he is no different than Nawaz Sharif and Zardari. They have properties, kids and business interests abroad, while Altaf Hussain is himself abroad!!

Yes come back to Pakistan, get assacinated by some fool qadri & world media gets another reason to defame Pakistan.

You yourself live in Canada, if you can give your point of view, he too can. And tell me till how long will we run away from the reality that Shia brothers are getting killed mercilessly by janwar TTP terrorists.

P.S Although i support MQM but i don't agree with altaf hussain, Shia's are patriotic Pakistanis & know what is going on, they know that Sunnis of Pakistan love them & supports them fully & this is some dirty game going on, it is fortunate that they are educated so they don't fall easily into propaganda of any enemy.

Yes come back to Pakistan, get assacinated by some fool qadri & world media gets another reason to defame Pakistan.

You yourself live in Canada, if you can give your point of view, he too can. And tell me till how long will we run away from the reality that Shia brothers are getting killed mercilessly by janwar TTP terrorists.

P.S Although i support MQM but i don't agree with altaf hussain, Shia's are patriotic Pakistanis & know what is going on, they know that Sunnis of Pakistan love them & supports them fully & this is some dirty game going on, it is fortunate that they are educated so they don't fall easily into propaganda of any enemy.

Hatred sometimes is a slow poison..but the slower it is more stronger....If the the Anti shia incidents dont reduce .. no colorful picture you can paint will be there .............how are the vote banks divided for each party in Pakistan ??

You dont have anything to say about the topic go troll in another thread

WATCH THIS MIGHT HELP DIG A LITTLE BIT DEEPER , WHY NO ONE PROTESTING , HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE MURDERED WHERE IS IMRAN KHAN DHARNA - PMLN WALK OUT ??????? only reason is they know whats going on and are scared of enemy

Last edited by a moderator:

I m just a civilian, he poses himself as a leader. My opinion does not count.With the twist of his tongue he can kill innocent civilians and brings the city to a halt.

If he is sooo scared of his life, then just stay in London as a private citizen. And stop his funny telephonic speeches.

Every time he speaks, he speaks shitload. His politics is divisive. He separates Pakistanis in sects, languages and provinces. The need for Pakistan is a unifying leader not a divisive and sinsiter one like Altaf. And You might consider him a leader. I dont. You can read my previous post for not accepting him a leader in any capacity.

This shia sunni game is going on in Pakistan for several decades. No sane person can call shias as non-muslim. There is no tension between the local people. If there was a shia-sunni divide, there would have been people pitted against each other, not some sporadic terrorists creating mayhem. This is some other game going on and hate use the word, but it is conspiracy.

You dont have anything to say about the topic go troll in another thread

WATCH THIS MIGHT HELP DIG A LITTLE BIT DEEPER , WHY NO ONE PROTESTING , HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE MURDERED WHERE IS IMRAN KHAN DHARNA - PMLN WALK OUT ??????? only reason is they know whats going on and are scared of enemy

so whats MQM doing? If they want to get a target killer released, they walk out of government. But nothing doing on this issue!!

And if I should remind you! MQM is part of the government. Law and order is a provincial subject. MQM is equally responsible for the break down, if not more. SO start taking responsibility. Tell you leaders to behave like in government and not in opposition. MQM cant be a government and opposition party at the same time!!

Last edited by a moderator:
All these killings are carried out by these corrupt & evil politicians & the blame is put on imaginary terrorists to fool the people of Pakistan. MQM, ANP & PPP are responsible for what is happening in Karachi. PPP, PML-N, PML-Q, ANP, JUI & MQM are a direct threat to Pakistan.

All these killings are carried out by these corrupt & evil politicians & the blame is put on imaginary terrorists to fool the people of Pakistan. MQM, ANP & PPP are responsible for what is happening in Karachi. PPP, PML-N, PML-Q, ANP, JUI & MQM are a direct threat to Pakistan.

Well MQM, ANP and PPP have the best target killers of the region, not just the country. So stop shedding crocodile tears. These are the people who have blood on their hands. Thats why MQM leader dreads return to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom