What's new

Altaf Hussain cannot be forced to bend: MQM

cheekybird

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Altaf Hussain cannot be forced to bend: MQM

KARACHI: Deputy Convener of MQM Coordination Committee, Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui Sunday said his party chief Altaf Hussain can neither be pressurized nor can he be forced to bend.

Addressing a big rally gathered to express solidarity with Altaf Hussain here on M.A. Jinnah Road, Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui said the MQM Chief only raises voice for the prosperity of poor people and that is the sin for which conspiracies are being hatched against him.

On the occasion, MQM leader Dr. Farooq Sattar demanded of the British government to tell the world as to why Altaf Hussain was being persecuted without any case against him.

“Altaf Hussain is the guarantee for Pakistan’s security and he is being stopped from playing his due role,” he claimed.

He asked the British prime minister David Cameron as to why Altaf Hussain’s bank accounts were being seized when wealth of Pakistani elite continues to remain in his country with no questions asked.
Altaf Hussain cannot be forced to bend: MQM - thenews.com.pk

the world's famous scotlandyard is conspiring against altaf hussain and mqm :sarcastic:

Yes he is our Savior. All hail the father of our nation, the great revolutionary and the answer to all our problems. :D :D

Man i would celebrate when he finally gets what he deserves.

cartoon1.jpg

Hopefully they keep pressing him and pressing him.

Oh wow!

1. Then why is MQM protesting in Karachi while lawful action being taken against Altaf Hussain in London?
2. Why MQM threatening Pakistan with violence and strikes for issuing him id card?
3. Why Altaf Hussain, a British national who chose to leave Pakistan and still do his filthy politics in Pakistan wants to return to Pakistan?

Bend, or we will break his spine :D BTW leave bending aside, can this guy even move on his own :D

He will not Bend!

He is physically unable to :D

How dare you insulted the lord of Muhajirs, The God Father of Karachi lol, your "Bori" is now inevitable.:sarcastic:

He will not Bend!

He is physically unable to :D

I thought the same, but didnt say...:D mqm literary held a protest yesterday against scotlandyard and uk govt in Karachi and called in all sort of bad names and conspiracy theories on how Altaf hussain is being harassed by them... just amazing how stupid they think their followers are !

I thought the same, but didnt say...:D mqm literary held a protest yesterday against scotlandyard and uk govt in Karachi and called in all sort of bad names and conspiracy theories on how Altaf hussain is being harassed by them... just amazing how stupid they think their followers are !

Whenever I read of MQM, the term target killers are not far behind.

I don't know much about Pakistani politics, but even then MQM sounds shady (not like any other sub continental parties are that much better anyway).

The British establishment is trying to pressure Altaf Hussain to leave the UK as his presence in London embarrasses the government. Altaf Hussain should just come back to Karachi, his home. I remember few days ago listening to his speech, he said that if he was going to die he would rather die in Pakistan. Karachi needs you more than London.

Whenever I read of MQM, the term target killers are not far behind.

I don't know much about Pakistani politics, but even then MQM sounds shady (not like any other sub continental parties are that much better anyway).

MQM isn't any better or worse than any other political party in Karachi. People from other parts of Pakistan just have different measures of standard when it comes to MQM. I lived in their strongholds, I know more about them then half the teenage trolls on this forum.

The British establishment is trying to pressure Altaf Hussain to leave the UK as his presence in London embarrasses the government. Altaf Hussain should just come back to Karachi, his home. I remember few days ago listening to his speech, he said that if he was going to die he would rather die in Pakistan. Karachi needs you more than London.

MQM isn't any better or worse than any other political party in Karachi. People from other parts of Pakistan just have different measures of standard when it comes to MQM. I lived in their strongholds, I know more about them then half the teenage trolls on this forum.

Could you elaborate?

Do you think MQM is demonized? if so, why?

Could you elaborate?

Do you think MQM is demonized? if so, why?

Well lets see what MQM is demonized for. First of all, for having an armed wing. Well, every single notable party in Karachi has an armed element to it. MQM's armed wing only came in to existence after racist attacks against the Muhajir community in the 1980s, these attacks were backed by and supported by the provincial and the federal government who ordered the police to withdraw after afghan immigrants attacked and looted muhajir localities.

Even before MQM was created, in the 1950s, during Ayub Khan's rule racist Pukhtoons supported by Gohay Ayub attacked muhajir localities for supporting Fatima Jinnah over ayub khan. Anyone who was alive at that time or knows the history of Karachi will agree with me. Successive attacks by Sindhi nationalist extremists, backed by PPP continued in the 90s with the biggest resulting in the loss of lives of hundreds of people in Hyderabad.

After these attacks, a natural aggressive element emerged in MQM, which sought to not only defend the Muhajirs but also went out of control, attacking even the security establishment, which culminated in the military operation against MQM in 1992, after which most of MQM wing was neutralized. And the most strange thing is, most of the MQM armed members were dissected from MQM by the military establishment to form MQM-haqiqi, which continues to exist today.

The second thing MQM is demonized for is ethnic politics, this is not even worth taking seriously as Karachi was and is full of ethnic based organsations, the Punjabis, the Pukhtuns, the Balouchis, the Sindhis, seraikies etc all had their organisations long before even MQM was created . MQM emerged much later on, and in partly due to these other ethnic groups, as before that Muhajirs had no reason to form a separate group to protect its interests.

(I still do not agree with all the things MQM does, I am not a supporter, but after witnessing the horrific treatment meted out to them, I understand why they do things that they do)

@Ravi Nair

This is another long read, lol I apologise, but Nadeem paracha explains it in far more detail then I ever could. Apart from a few things I disagee with, this article sums it up pretty nicely:

Born to run: The rise and leveling of the APMSO - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Well lets see what MQM is demonized for. First of all, for having an armed wing. Well, every single notable party in Karachi has an armed element to it. MQM's armed wing only came in to existence after racist attacks against the Muhajir community in the 1980s, these attacks were backed by and supported by the provincial and the federal government who ordered the police to withdraw after afghan immigrants attacked and looted muhajir localities.

Even before MQM was created, in the 1950s, during Ayub Khan's rule racist Pukhtoons supported by Gohay Ayub attacked muhajir localities for supporting Fatima Jinnah over ayub khan. Anyone who was alive at that time or knows the history of Karachi will agree with me. Successive attacks by Sindhi nationalist extremists, backed by PPP continued in the 90s with the biggest resulting in the loss of lives of hundreds of people in Hyderabad.

After these attacks, a natural aggressive element emerged in MQM, which sought to not only defend the Muhajirs but also went out of control, attacking even the security establishment, which culminated in the military operation against MQM in 1992, after which most of MQM wing was neutralized. And the most strange thing is, most of the MQM armed members were dissected from MQM by the military establishment to form MQM-haqiqi, which continues to exist today.

The second thing MQM is demonized for is ethnic politics, this is not even worth taking seriously as Karachi was and is full of ethnic based organsations, the Punjabis, the Pukhtuns, the Balouchis, the Sindhis, seraikies etc all had their organisations long before even MQM was created . MQM emerged much later on, and in partly due to these other ethnic groups, as before that Muhajirs had no reason to form a separate group to protect its interests.

(I still do not agree with all the things MQM does, I am not a supporter, but after witnessing the horrific treatment meted out to them, I understand why they do things that they do)

@Ravi Nair

This is another long read, lol I apologise, but Nadeem paracha explains it in far more detail then I ever could. Apart from a few things I disagee with, this article sums it up pretty nicely:

Born to run: The rise and leveling of the APMSO - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

@Pakistani Exile you sir, win the internet for linking me to a Nadeem F Paracha article.

Last edited:
@Pakistani Exile

as an Indian, I am no stranger to Ethnic politics.

In Tamil Nadu, Davidian politics is still strong. Even though the Dravidian movement was progressive in the 1950's, it has now become two parties with Nepotism and corruption attached.

Back
Top Bottom