What's new

SeaHake mod4 Torpedo sets record range

ushikra

New Recruit

Reaction score
Achieving a range of 140 kilometers, Atlas Elektronik’s new heavyweight torpedo, SeaHake mod4 ER (extended range), has set a new world record, the Bremen-based company announced. Now, it is waiting for its first customer.
While the sea trials were done in cooperation with the Bundeswehr Technical Center 71, the German Navy’s only official comment about the new weapon is that it would not be involved in the project.
The SeaHake mod4 ER torpedo is an enhancement of the heavyweight torpedo DM 2 A4, currently the primary weapon on the new 212 type submarines of the German Navy. Other users of the DM 2 A4 are Turkey, Pakistan and Spain.
While not commenting on any technical details, Krüger acknowledged that the SeaHake could be navigated and controlled over its entire distance, and can be fired from sea and land platforms.
read the rest on: German Torpedo Sets Range Record | Defense News | defensenews.com

Achieving a range of 140 kilometers, Atlas Elektronik’s new heavyweight torpedo, SeaHake mod4 ER (extended range), has set a new world record, the Bremen-based company announced. Now, it is waiting for its first customer.
While the sea trials were done in cooperation with the Bundeswehr Technical Center 71, the German Navy’s only official comment about the new weapon is that it would not be involved in the project.
The SeaHake mod4 ER torpedo is an enhancement of the heavyweight torpedo DM 2 A4, currently the primary weapon on the new 212 type submarines of the German Navy. Other users of the DM 2 A4 are Turkey, Pakistan and Spain.
While not commenting on any technical details, Krüger acknowledged that the SeaHake could be navigated and controlled over its entire distance, and can be fired from sea and land platforms.
read the rest on: German Torpedo Sets Range Record | Defense News | defensenews.com

Pakistan Should try to develop its own Sonar Technology as well as torpedoes and mines as well.

I agree. PN should develope its own Sonar Technology as well as torpedoes and mines. But It won't. It would rather Buy all this stuff

I agree. PN should develope its own Sonar Technology as well as torpedoes and mines. But It won't. It would rather Buy all this stuff

These signs are showing that Pakistan is loosing its stability which was sounding some decades ago like growing but now its dead!!!:pakistan::undecided:

Just maybe .... that's because it is not easy/cheap to develop.
Doubling current max range, new nav.package.

While the sea trials were done in cooperation with the Bundeswehr Technical Center 71, the German Navy’s only official comment about the new weapon is that it would not be involved in the project
hilarious.... i.e. state sponsorship of industry.

hilarious.... i.e. state sponsorship of industry.

Also, interesting to note is that Spanish and French Industrial Holding companies (I cant remember their names) have stakes in Atlas through EADS :azn:

So its state sponsorship of (local + Foreign) industry

Also, interesting to note is that Spanish and French Industrial Holding companies (I cant remember their names) have stakes in Atlas through EADS :azn:

So its state sponsorship of (local + Foreign) industry

Hey, we're all EU now...:azn:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom