What's new

Scorpene sub to be ready by 2015

waow another delay....As per my knowledge Indian Navy should have commissioned first scorpene Submarine by the end of 2012....But all thanks to the lazy Babu's it has been delayed by 3 years...and all thanks to them at present submarine is the weakest arm of Indian Navy....with 90% of the submarines being atleast 20 years old
Babus are not responsible for everything . We are freshers in Submarine field and you cant except to pass in the first attempt itself . Once we get experience , nobody can stop us .

I wonder what would have been your response if it was Russian .

if i am not mistaken there was an article which clearly stated that the MDL was having problems absorbing the TOT . i guess thats the reason for the delay

Yes, that's the risk of asking for ToT when your industry is only at the begining. It's good to improve them in the mid or long term, but at the beginning it is very difficult. That's also a concern that I have about MMRCA licence production and possible delays.

5 nd 6th subs will have AIP.
anyways AIP can be installed on 1st 4subs during their upgrading don't worry:no:

AIP for the last 2 is actually not cleared yet and you can't simply upgrade AIP later, because you have to cut the sub in have again and add a whole new module including the AIP propulison. The Germans did it with Greek subs and had a lot of trouble with it.

5 nd 6th subs will have AIP.
anyways AIP can be installed on 1st 4subs during their upgrading don't worry:no:

i thought all of them will get them and few will have indegenous AIP.. :undecided:

So many comments, however no one interested in what "cofferdam doors coamings" are?

All I could find was that they are the assembly of the hatch, can anyone add to this?

Will IN increase the order to 9 (current 6 + 3 follow on) since our sub strength is depleting fast, I heard just one news reporting that the IN will exercise the follow on order way back in jan-2011, but IN has not conformed till now.

Yes, that's the risk of asking for ToT when your industry is only at the begining. It's good to improve them in the mid or long term, but at the beginning it is very difficult. That's also a concern that I have about MMRCA licence production and possible delays.

That's why i think that in P-75I program IN should go for bigger scorpenes only & should not select another sub, since another sub means another TOT problems.

Will IN increase the order to 9 (current 6 + 3 follow on) since our sub strength is depleting fast, I heard just one news reporting that the IN will exercise the follow on order way back in jan-2011, but IN has not conformed till now.
No, I think we will float another tender for P75I.. will have AIP from the start..

No, I think we will float another tender for P75I.. will have AIP from the start..

God only knows when the tender will be floated & when the production starts.

+ I thought Indian Armed forces, always exercise the follow on order.

Scorpene sub to be ready by 2015

scorpene1.jpg

HYDERABAD India is expected to commission its first Scorpene submarine, being developed by French naval construction group DCNS, by 2015, said Federal Minister of State for Defence MM Pallam Raju here on Monday.

State-owned Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) is producing six SSK Scorpene submarines (P75) under transfer of technology from DCNS. Simultaneously, DCNS India, its Indian subsidiary, is working on the selection of Indian companies as partners for local production of the Scorpene’s equipment.

“We are expecting the first submarine to roll out by 2015. We should have all the submarines by 2018. The total cost is little over Rs200 billion,” Raju said.

As per the schedule, hulks of six submarines, considered as a critical part, should be manufactured by the end of the year, he said.

To a query, he said India has got investments of Rs200 billion so far due to ‘Indian Defence Offset Policy’, that mandates foreign defence equipment suppliers to farm out a certain proportion of the work (30 per cent of the contract value) to Indian suppliers.

Raju inaugurated the joint facility of city-based SEC Industries and DCNS that would make 14 critical components for the Scorpene, to be supplied to MDL.

French Ambassador François Richier was also present.

DCNS India signed a contract with SEC Industries for the manufacture of high technological equipment for the P75 Scorpene submarines in September 2011; second contract was signed in May this year for additional items.

Bernard Buisson, Managing Director of DCNS India, said these contracts cover an extensive Transfer of Technology.

Separately, India has started working on its second indigenous aircraft carrier even as the construction of the first one has been marred by delay of over two years.

The Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC)-II would be the largest ship in terms of the weight and size to have ever been built by the navy, navy sources said in Kochi.

Oman Tribune - the edge of knowledge

How come 'Omantribune' is reporting the news? This news doesnt relates to Oman in anyway!:undecided:
Height of friendship perhaps!:lol:

That's why i think that in P-75I program IN should go for bigger scorpenes only & should not select another sub, since another sub means another TOT problems.

Of course, additional but upgrades Scorpenes would be the most logical choice, but you have to evaluate the alternatives too and what shortfalls these Scorpenes might have compared to the other contendors. The U214 is considered to be more advanced and proven, especially in regart to AIP, the Amur class offers Brahmos integration and possibly cheaper costs. That's why I'm still undecided between Scorpene and U214.

God only knows when the tender will be floated & when the production starts.

+ I thought Indian Armed forces, always exercise the follow on order.

misunderstood your intent..

Delays have become a part and parcel of Indian way of ;life

How come 'Omantribune' is reporting the news? This news doesnt relates to Oman in anyway!:undecided:
Height of friendship perhaps!:lol:

That's called outsourcing...........:lol:

misunderstood your intent..

Delays have become a part and parcel of Indian way of ;life

how long we Indians will keep on favoring the "chalta hai" attitude????

Of course, additional but upgrades Scorpenes would be the most logical choice, but you have to evaluate the alternatives too and what shortfalls these Scorpenes might have compared to the other contendors. The U214 is considered to be more advanced and proven, especially in regart to AIP, the Amur class offers Brahmos integration and possibly cheaper costs. That's why I'm still undecided between Scorpene and U214.

This thread can be helpful for all since we are on P75I

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...14-sub-vs-amur-1650-sub-laymans-analysis.html

U214 is also considered more stealthy than the Amur..

how long we Indians will keep on favoring the "chalta hai" attitude????

God knows man.. I hope things change soon..

i hope they select u-214 sub.
it far more better than scorpene.
after that we can mix both scorpene tech and u-214 tech brought under TOT and start indigenious conventional sub manufacturing:azn:

i hope they select u-214 sub.
it far more better than scorpene.
after that we can mix both scorpene tech and u-214 tech brought under TOT and start indigenious conventional sub manufacturing:azn:
bringing u 214 will add to the troubles, we already operate Kilo class from Russia and now Scorpin from French. with 214 from Germony maintenance will be a mess.

i prefer a followon order of 4, for bigger Scorpion with Brhamos launch capability. also IN must opt API for the 5th & 6th sub of current order with aditional 4. it will make the current MDL facility viable as Govt made a huge investment to update the facility.

Back
Top Bottom