What's new

Science & Technology in the Muslim world

I know it is very old thread but can't notice some absurd claim. Why do people have to claim other's inventions to feel good? Everybody know that zero (as a placeholder and not as a value) was invented in India, along with the number system (all symbols used have evolved from Indian scripts). And what about writing as 005 for five hundred?
If you look at my very old posts you will find your answers, with proofs and facts beyond your imagination, About the Zero, the Arabic numbers and the 005 for 500 hundred too

If you look at my very old posts you will find your answers, with proofs and facts beyond your imagination, About the Zero, the Arabic numbers and the 005 for 500 hundred too
There is no "proof".. only assertions and useless conspiracy theories. It is well established where zero (as a placeholder) came from...

I know it is very old thread but can't notice some absurd claim. Why do people have to claim other's inventions to feel good? Everybody know that zero (as a placeholder and not as a value) was invented in India, along with the number system (all symbols used have evolved from Indian scripts). And what about writing as 005 for five hundred?
hain? what the
smileys-confused-821384.gif
im hearing this for the first time? it always was arabic invention...thats what i read also.:what:

Should read more...and from better sources.
can you provide me your source? so ill compare it with my source in free time.....to see...and even ask people around who know a thing or two about it....

hain? what the
smileys-confused-821384.gif
im hearing this for the first time? it always was arabic invention...thats what i read also.:what:

Basically,the number system we use now was discovered in India,and spread by Arabs.The concept of zero as a number originated in India too.

can you provide me your source? so ill compare it with my source in free time.....to see...and even ask people around who know a thing or two about it....
History of zero The History Of Zero

The Sumerians were the first to develop a counting system to keep an account of their stock of goods - cattle, horses, and donkeys, for example. The Sumerian system was positional; that is, the placement of a particular symbol relative to others denoted its value. The Sumerian system was handed down to the Akkadians around 2500 BC and then to the Babylonians in 2000 BC. It was the Babylonians who first conceived of a mark to signify that a number was absent from a column; just as 0 in 1025 signifies that there are no hundreds in that number. Although zero's Babylonian ancestor was a good start, it would still be centuries before the symbol as we know it appeared.

It was the Indians who began to understand zero both as a symbol and as an idea. Brahmagupta, around 650 AD, was the first to formalize arithmetic operations using zero.

The one where you are told that everything good was invented by arabs/muslim, everything bad was by kaffirs - instead of real thing.
stop making silly assumptions....even being in the US or perhaps studying in better Institutes there than any Indian one,havent changed the typical asian mindset of yours of quickly jumping to being judgmental while being in any converstaion....i asked him for the source so that i can know more about it rather than blindly supporting anything...

paindu paindu hi retey hain whether in the US or Asia!:enjoy: you are an apt example of it!

There is no "proof".. only assertions and useless conspiracy theories. It is well established where zero (as a placeholder) came from...
The proofs I have presented are mere assertions and conspiracy theories, and you come up with your own assertions and conspiracy theories to project it on PDF readers.
Western and muslim scholars found out that the mathematical Zero was invented by the Arabs, while you can claim it as a place holder, your claim does not hold with logic, since the zero you are claiming has no mathematics behind it, so it is woth zero in mathematics.

stop making silly assumptions....even being in the US or perhaps studying in better Institutes there than any Indian one,havent changed the typical asian mindset of yours of quickly jumping to being judgmental while being in any converstaion....i asked him for the source so that i can know more about it rather than blindly supporting anything...

paindu paindu hi retey hain whether in the US or Asia!:enjoy: you are an apt example of it!
1. You have never heard that "zero" was invented in India Post# 93
2. You always thought(!!) it was invented by Arabs (again Post#93)
3. If I say that is the result of madrasa education (nothing bad about you per say), I am judgmental
4. If you rant about Asian mentality, paindu blah blah you are objective.....

This is the very definition of madrasa education....

1. You have never heard that "zero" was invented in India Post# 93
2. You always thought(!!) it was invented by Arabs (again Post#93)
3. If I say that is the result of madrasa education (nothing bad about you per say), I am judgmental
4. If you rant about Asian mentality, paindu blah blah you are objective.....

This is the very definition of madrasa education....
Western and muslim scholars found out that the mathematical Zero was invented by the Arabs, while you can claim it as a place holder, your claim does not hold with logic, since the zero you are claiming has no mathematics behind it, so your claim is woth zero in mathematics.

The proofs I have presented are mere assertions and conspiracy theories, and you come up with your own assertions and conspiracy theories to project it on PDF readers.
Western and muslim scholars found out that the mathematical Zero was invented by the Arabs, while you can claim it as a place holder, your claim does not hold with logic, since the zero you are claiming has no mathematics behind it, so it is woth zero in mathematics.
Did you check the posted links?Care to say which western scholar said so?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom