What's new

Sci fi fans, get in here.

@Jungibaaz some wallpapers from dune series...

1. artwork for the mahdi, paul muad'dib...

ritual_Paulmix.jpg

2. the "blue within blue" eyes of a fremen person...

RLgTO5t.jpg

3. fremen waiting to climb on the sandworm to ride it to their destination...

31b3af3ed72273c6bb9d63af85e682bb.jpg

4. a fremen observing spice harvesters on the sands of planet arrakis...

dune%20Fremen%2003.jpg

5. a fremen leader of a sietch...

Dune_Fremen_Sietch_Leader_MarkMolnar.jpg

6. a fremen cat baby... :D

51379cc354a8151303e8bfe945664dfc.jpg

@PersonasNonGrata

watched "black mirror - white christmas" some days back... those blocker devices were very cruel, and i found the political environment that allows them to be a near-future version of how usa seems to be now... those devices introduced as helpful consumer devices but also used to law enforcement who will use them for the slightest deviation of some unthinking law.

will download your other recommended vid today.

@PersonasNonGrata

watched "black mirror - white christmas" some days back... those blocker devices were very cruel, and i found the political environment that allows them to be a near-future version of how usa seems to be now... those devices introduced as helpful consumer devices but also used to law enforcement who will use them for the slightest deviation of some unthinking law.

will download your other recommended vid today.

That's exactly what i thought. The way he uses social media to research / exploit people is common already.

I like that it shows that technology is sort of making us cruel and inhuman too just because it's all automated/ virtual.

Ps. They're not all great... s1 e3 is excellent though - it's just been optioned for a movie by Robert Downey jr

Last edited:
scifi s which came in 80s and 90s wre the best

Who here read the 'Foundation' series by Isaac Asimov? Its totally awesome despite being started in the 1950s. I think the last in the series ended in 1988 with 'Foundation and Earth' although 'Nemesis' (1996?) is loosely connected to the series.

michael%20whelan_isaac%20asimov_foundations%20edge.jpg

scifi s which came in 80s and 90s wre the best

I beg to differ. 70's and 60's sci-fi is excellent too. Some of the films I listed from that era you should see, they paved the way for 80's and 90's more popular sci-fi culture.

@Jungibaaz ^^^ another good one for your wallpaper collection.

Thanks, for some reason I stopped getting notifications from this thread.

Who here read the 'Foundation' series by Isaac Asimov? Its totally awesome despite being started in the 1950s. I think the last in the series ended in 1988 with 'Foundation and Earth' although 'Nemesis' (1996?) is loosely connected to the series.

michael%20whelan_isaac%20asimov_foundations%20edge.jpg
That's by Michael Whelan, I love his artwork. @Jungibaaz

Back
Top Bottom