What's new

Scarborough fail: How Aquino blew it

The Filipino reserves only cover 12 months of imports. Do you want to buy oil or arms? Take your pick. You can't have both.

Philippines imports were worth 5386 Million USD in May of 2012. Historically, from 2002 until 2012, Philippines Imports averaged 4132.5 Million USD reaching ..."

If you take the average monthly sum of 4.1 bill.$ and multiply it by 12 you get around 49 bill. $. Phillipines as per the info i provided has 76 bill.$ in reserves. Some basic math skills?

Ofcourse linking the import sum and tying it together with the reserves sum and disregarding exports (intentional?) is economy from where?

As for the rest of your post, the usual drivel, quantity over quality.
Italy sold 4 ships last year to some Latin American navy and they were charged approximately 50 mill.$ a piece plus upgrade contract to which i dont know the figure.

Philippines at this stage should forget about buying high-valued combat jets. If it is defensive what they want, they will be needing missiles; lots of them in different categories such as anti-Ship missiles, MBRLs, SAM batteries and cruise missiles (preferably subsonic as they can't afford supersonic).

This isnt a high value jet. And it does shoot anti ship missiles.

They are fishing illegaly on OUR sea, what do you expect?
The are grabbing OUR resources, killing 100 years old of pawikans(turtles) which is illegal internationaly because of extinction, and yet your government play a dirty tactics such as this:

The Chinese have squeezed every ounce of this blunder, claiming that a “Philippine warship harassed helpless Chinese fishermen who were seeking refuge from a storm inside Scarborough Shoal. It is the Philippine Navy that pointed their guns at our fishermen,” the Chinese embassy spokesman kept repeating.

Poor delusional chinese kids
Blinded by their government
Knows nothing about international laws

Scarborough fail: How Aquino blew itLooks like the Philippines under Aquino III's leadership is well preparing itself as a first bleeding "chicken". Meanwhile I'm not sure if Vietnam is, or is qualified as, the "monkey".
I personally qualify China, Philippino, Vietnamese as human. I wonder whether Philippino and Vietnamese qualify China as a ''dog'' or a ''cow'' or other animals.

If you take the average monthly sum of 4.1 bill.$ and multiply it by 12 you get around 49 bill. $. Phillipines as per the info i provided has 76 bill.$ in reserves. Some basic math skills?

Your argument is that every dollar in the reserve should be used. What if the forex kitty runs dry and the Philippines can't import food, fertilizer, or oil? You would make a terrible planner.

Gee, why are Filipinos dying in the streets from famine? Well, you see, the idiot planner Audio used up every buck in the forex reserve and we have no cushion.

----------

How Shultz and the WTO Destroyed a Green Revolution

"WHY THE PHILIPPINES IS STARVING
How Shultz and the WTO Destroyed the Philippines Green Revolution
by Mike Billington

This article appears in the May 16, 2008 issue of Executive Intelligence Review.

The people of the Philippines have faced increasing rates of hunger for the past several years. Now, as one of the world's largest importers of rice, the country is facing famine, due to the global rice shortage, coupled with the hyperinflationary speculation in food on the commodity markets. A state of panic is setting in. Hundreds of rice distribution centers have been set up across Manila and other Philippine cities, where huge lines form before dawn to get the subsidized, imported rice at about half the market price—a program the government is now moving to shut down, unable to sustain the mounting subsidy costs.

The Philippines needs to import more than a million tons of rice each year to meet the minimum needs of its citizens, but due to the crisis, it is trying to acquire 2 million tons this year. As has been widely reported internationally, every Philippine tender for rice purchases over the past month has failed to obtain the needed quantities, and what they can purchase is at triple the price of 2007. The last tender, on May 5, called for 675,000 tons—they obtained not one grain, at any price. (article continues)"

Your argument is that every dollar in the reserve should be used. What if the forex kitty runs dry and the Philippines can't import food, fertilizer, or oil? You would make a terrible planner.

Gee, why are Filipinos dying in the streets from famine? Well, you see, the idiot planner Audio used up every buck in the forex reserve and we have no cushion.

From corruption, what else?
As if we're hiding the truth from the world unlike your CHINA

And you're derailing the thread
The topic is about how aquino "fail" the deal where in fact it's just another black propaganda of the chinese government

They're fisherman are stealing our resources in our territorial sea in the first place

From corruption, what else?
As if we're hiding the truth from the world unlike your CHINA

And you're derailing the thread
The topic is about how aquino "fail" the deal where in fact it's just another black propaganda of the chinese government

They're fisherman are stealing our resources in our territorial sea in the first place

You've repeated the same rhetorical point ad nauseum. Claiming the resources as "ours" does not make it so.

The world recognizes China's 2,000-year-old historical claim to the South China Sea from the discoveries during the Han Dynasty and subsequent dynasties as proven by Chinese imperial records. So you see, the South China Sea belongs to us and not you. Want to see my citations?

No, that is actually the road you try to take saying the forex is used exclusively on imports. Funny how you try to spin things when you have no way to go.

This is actually a very good buy for the Phillipines, a lot of bang for very little buck. Whole package most likely won't exceed 1 bill.$.

As for the rice and famine, it makes good sense then if you wanna defend the fisheries for your nation, when there's not enough to go around as it is.

And resorting to blogs as sources now? Look what a 10 second Google search on keywords "Phillipines rice imports" yields:

No more rice imports in 2013

ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines – The Philippines will no longer import rice in 2013 because it has already reached sufficient production of the food staple, according to Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala.

Alcala said the country will be on trial export of a variety of rice early next year and the first target will be in the Middle East.

The world recognizes China's 2,000-year-old historical claim to the South China Sea
Want to see my citations?

This is gonna be funny!

No, that is actually the road you try to take saying the forex is used exclusively on imports. Funny how you try to spin things when you have no way to go.

This is actually a very good buy for the Phillipines, a lot of bang for very little buck. Whole package most likely won't exceed 1 bill.$.

As for the rice and famine, it makes good sense then if you wanna defend the fisheries for your nation, when there's not enough to go around as it is.

And resorting to blogs as sources now? Look what a 10 second Google search on keywords "Phillipines rice imports" yields:

No more rice imports in 2013

You're an idiot, because I already gave you a citation where Aquino said the Philippines can't afford to buy and maintain second-hand U.S. fighter jets. Any intelligent person can infer this means the Philippines don't have the money to spare on arms.

Only a retard like you will keep insisting the Philippines can buy lots of arms. The President of the Philippines Aquino has already contradicted you.

Try reading my citation (from post #15 and reproduced below) next time. I'm not posting citations for fun. They are there to educate idiots like you.

----------

The Philippines cannot afford to buy new or second-hand American jets (see citation below).

Philippines May Buy Fighter Jets Other Than U.S. F-16s | Defense News | defensenews.com

"Philippines May Buy Fighter Jets Other Than U.S. F-16s
May. 16, 2012 - 09:51AM |
By AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippines is looking at arming itself for the first time with dedicated fighter jets made outside of the United States, President Benigno Aquino said May 16 amid a territorial dispute with China.

The Philippines last month requested aircraft, patrol boats and radar systems from its U.S. military ally to help it achieve what the government said would be a “minimum credible defense.”

Aquino said that his government had asked to buy second-hand F-16s from the U.S., but the jets’ maintenance costs could end up being too high because of their age.

“We might end up spending $400 million or $800 million per squadron, and we were thinking of getting two squadrons,” he said in an interview with Manila’s Bombo Radio.

“We do have an alternative, and — this is a surprise — it seems we have the capacity to buy brand-new, but not from America,” Aquino said, without mentioning the aircraft model. “These are manufactured by another progressive country that I won’t name at this point.”

Aquino noted that Manila had retired its last fighter jet, a Korean War-vintage F-5, in 2005.

It does continue to fly Italian firm Marchetti’s S211 trainer jets, which are sometimes used as ground attack aircraft against various insurgencies.

But along with the F-5, the Philippines had previously relied on obsolete U.S. hand-me-downs, including the T-33 and the P-51 Mustang as dedicated attack fighters. The country now has no effective air defenses.

It is engaged in a tense maritime standoff with China over the disputed Scarborough Shoal and surrounding waters in the South China Sea. Both nations have stationed vessels there for more than a month to assert their sovereignty."

You've repeated the same rhetorical point ad nauseum. Claiming the resources as "ours" does not make it so.

The world recognizes China's 2,000-year-old historical claim to the South China Sea from the discoveries during the Han Dynasty and subsequent dynasties as proven by Chinese imperial records. So you see, the South China Sea belongs to us and not you. Want to see my citations?

You are an idiot
It's not in the disputed islands, it's the f~ Philippine Sea, inside our LEGAL AND OWNED border since it's existence.
The government of China knows it

Oh I almost forgot, the great kingdom of china OWNS all the south china sea, we don't even have a sea, we only own the lands right? Just like our neighbors?

The great kingdom of china owns the whole sea!!
I almost forgot you own the moon and the sun!!

This whole race is a joke :drag:

You're an idiot, because I already gave you a citation where Aquino said the Philippines can't afford to buy and maintain second-hand U.S. fighter jets. Any intelligent person can infer this means the Philippines don't have the money to spare on arms.

Only a retard like you will keep insisting the Philippines can buy lots of arms. The President of the Philippines Aquino has already contradicted you.

lol....from when is that citation? This is fresh news, you know things change...

Gazmin, together with a team from the DND’s newly-formed Acquisition Defense System, went to Italy to sign a five-year contract with that country’s Defense Ministry for the acquisition of fighter-bomber jets, a frigate, a destroyer and unmanned surveillance aircrafts, among others.

Guess there is money, only you dont want it to be.

lol....

Guess there is money, only you dont want it to be.

u mad :rofl:

Tell me, what did they buy? Name the specific weapon system, number bought, and delivery date.

If you can't then it's just window shopping.

Tell me, what did they buy? Name the specific weapon system, number bought, and delivery date.

why dont you do that for yourself...it's not difficult, i am not here to indulge in your armchair general fantasies and number shuffling.

There's no point arguing with Martian2
He will never believe you, he will drag you on his level of stupidity

Next chinese please :drag:

why dont you do that for yourself...it's not difficult, i am not here to indulge in your armchair general fantasies and number shuffling.

If you can't back up your claim with a reputable citation then you lose the argument. That's how these debates are decided.

If you make a claim (that is not general knowledge), you have to back it up with a reputable citation. If you can't then you have to withdraw your claim.

Your inability to provide a list of the specific items, quantity, and delivery dates that are ALLEGEDLY purchased can only be interpreted as an withdrawal of your unsubstantiated claim.

General puffery from window shopping does not count as a relevant fact on a professional defense forum.

If you can't back up your claim with a reputable citation then you lose the argument. That's how these debates are decided.

If you make a claim (that is not general knowledge), you have to back it up with a reputable citation. If you can't then you have to withdraw your claim.

Your inability to provide a list of the specific items, quantity, and delivery dates that are ALLEGEDLY purchased can only be interpreted as your withdrawal of your claim.

wow apparatchick language!

In the link i provided earlier are relevant informations, if you werent an ignorant nub you would have read it and came prepared.

The contract details are not known however what is known is that it was signed. And delivery dates can be set approximately to commisioning of the new frigates in the Italian Navy, types can also be estimated fairly accurately, however that is completely irrelevant.
You trying to spin it as non existant....

Back
Top Bottom