What's new

Saudia Taxes Low income Pakistanis and Indians

They knpw tht we peoples dont pay taxes in our countries.....but americans & westerners pay taxes in their own countries with honesty.

There is no tax on foreign remittances in Pakistan.

The tax is On private companies not on individuals whether pakistani or bangali. They have not taxed people working in govt jobs like my father.

Exactly. The tax is on companies that employ more non-Saudis than Saudis:

Saudi Arabia-based private sector companies that employ more foreigners than Saudi nationals will have to pay SR200 (USD52) a month for excess each non-Saudi.

Dunya News: Business:-Saudi Arabia imposes new taxes on foreigners' inco...

It is not income tax imposed on workers wages.

The only reason people go abroad is the currency difference. If poor countries try to develop themselves why people (labor force) go to other countries.

...and on top of that you've to pay hefty amounts to get an open visa and a yearly commission to whoever have sponsored you called Kafeel or something.

If our own rulers weren't exploiting it's populace here this wouldn't have been the case in KSA or elsewhere with Pakistanis. I fell sorry for them lot.

I think the move is negative ...

Very negative these expats are already poor most of them work under paid ..

Like if you are going to tax tax the "US nationals" they make 120,000 -200,000 per year working in Saudia , UAE or Qater

Pakistanis , Indian or Bangalis make barely 10,000-15,000 per year ----out of which 4,000 is use for living

I mean American companies send in people as contracts they charge 200 dollar per hour ... or 500 dollar per hours ..

These are the people you need to tax not the poor guy

Or tax the Princes who spend 600 Million for Manchester City or 800 Million for Paris Saint Germain or who invest billions into walt disney

The Problem with G.C.C countries is there is NO REAL ECONOMY

a) No toursim I mean weather like california but you cannot have beaches and bikinis
I mean lost oppourtunity right there

b) No Farming , weather is too horrible 50 degrees in summer

c) 90% dependence on Oil not all Saudis are engineers

Do Saudia have engineering Auto Sector do they make cars , trucks , space shuttles no ..

JOBS NEED TO BE CREATED ..

If the idea is that jobs will be created by removing hair cutters, car cleaners , auto engineers etc I am sure many Saudis would want to be

a) Doctors
b) Engineers
c) Scientist
d) Farmers

Saudis need to create jobs .. not tax the poor and create "low quality jobs"

UAE is an exception but even they have a bad record , when it comes to salaries and paying workers

I don't know much about SA but I have heard some really bad stories from Dubai.

If Pakistanis were paid Salaries according to world standard , the inflow would be 30 Billion - 70 billion multi play that number by 30 years that nationals have worked for low salaries .. Dollars we are doing these countries a favor

Should be close to Trillion dollar of `FREEE LABOUR`

I recall that Corporations like Bin Ladin Corp etc and others used to hire Thousands and Thousands of workers from Bangladesh , Pakistan - India an cram them up in bad appartments sometimes 8 workers in room space for 2 people...

There are some serious unpaid dues by Saudi government

Please come down from your imaginative horse; and stop providing entertainment to the whole world.

Saudi Arabia is a market; there is a Job A available for X Dolalrs.

You like it do it, if it doesn't make sense to you leave it.

There is no sense in taking it and then complaining about it.

Lastly, please correct the thread title; There is no tax whatsoever. What they have done is increased the Iqama renewal fee, from 100 SAR to 2500 SAR.

Last I remember the King shot down the idea of taxing expatriates or anyone for that matter.

It is the companies that pay for their employee Iqama renewal, thus that amonut comes out of the companie's profit account.

now ... be sensible.

Its times like these when I'm thankful for the foresight, magnanimity, and friendliness of Sultan Qaboos Bin Said and the Omani people.

Lastly, please correct the thread title; There is no tax whatsoever. What they have done is increased the Iqama renewal fee, from 100 SAR to 2500 SAR.

Who pays the Iqama in the end ?

it is no hidden fact that the saudis treat us as second class citizens,whether hindu or muslim.

Tell me anything new ?

The Arabs and the Saudis in particular always had some sort of superiority complex ...

I will see how Saudis can ever do the jobs these Indians,pakistanis abd bengalis do...

I will let them get a glass of water for themselves first :lol:

Ḥashshāshīn;3721418 said:
But people ARE forced when the companies take their passports and travel documents.

That is just part of the "usual protocol", so is full body search every time at the airport.

Who pays the Iqama in the end ?[/B]

Tell me anything new ?

The Arabs and the Saudis in particular always had some sort of superiority complex ...

Funny i had the same argument today with an arab friend.

For expats who do not work in a proper company; have to pay for their own iqama (illegaly).

To make the extra 2500 SAR, he would need to put together 200 SAR a month.

How do you reckon he would do that ? by charging more for his services.

So if he is a plumber who did the job for 50, now would ask for 70.
A car mechanic who would do the job for 50, goes to 70.
so on and so forth.

BY IN LARGE, it will be the saudies who will pay for the 2500 SAR.

Lastly, before you counter with an argument, I need you to tell us, what you think about Iran.

Why is it, that inspite of being next door neighbor, there is no significant number of Pakistanis there ?

That is just part of the "usual protocol", so is full body search every time at the airport.

Not to mention the " pampered treatment " whilst they are working in the Kingdom :D

Who pays the Iqama in the end ?

Tell me anything new ?

i.

i think that is because they see themselves as pure first class muslims,as islam originated in saudi

Back
Top Bottom