What's new

Saudia, Bahrain, UAE & Egypt cut diplomatic ties with Qatar

Come on Saif at least grow a spine and admit the truth that your leaders have sold their souls to the Zionists:) This is the month of Ramadan, so speak the truth, or maybe you have an hidden agenda. Are you related to the Al-Saud family?

Oh, my days, the great Arabs are now taking lessons of diplomacy from there non-Muslim counter parts. Do you have no shame that you shook the hands of a person who insulted and disrespected Islam and the culture of your country. But of course you don't because you need to house of Saud protected don't you? There is no difference between Iran or Saudi Arabia, both of them have plagued the Muslim world. I guess money is more valued than respect, dignity and religion. If Saudi Arabia doesn't care about Donald Trump, then why did you invest 350 billion dollars in the American economy? Have the guts to speak the truth...at least I had the guts to criticize Pakistan and its leaders...can you do the same....prove me wrong....or do you follow a cult.

Where exactly have I backtracked on? Haha, you very make me laugh brother Saif, but if you want to live in lala land, then be my guess.

This was in response when you claimed that I don't have the guts to attack Pakistan and its corrupt leaders. So clearly I have proved you wrong, since I am above following some cult family. Show some Arab bravery and admit that your leaders have sold their souls to the Zionists...can you do that brother Saif:)

Egoism is never good in Islam. So if you did create three great empires then why don't you have the guts to defend your country yourself. I find you so funny, instead of asking Allah for guidance, you beg to the United States for protection:) No wonder the Iranians find the current Arab regimes so weak. Become men and fight your own battles for a change. Pakistan may not have existed, however, a number of our ancestors were Arab. At least our people have the decency to feel ashamed when our leaders bow down to the Zionists and don't think about making the Muslim ummah much stronger.

I am the last person that has to grow a spine. I am as frank as they come around here and I always say things openly.

I don't take this "Zionism" nonsense seriously when there are several Muslim countries who have official diplomatic relations with Israel, who cooperate with them on all fronts (economically and militarily), who host their embassies in their lands etc. KSA has never had any serious relations with Israel ever since they appeared on the map in 1948. In fact KSA was part of the Arab bloc that fought against Israel pre-1948. Similarly afterwards. It was the same KSA that orchestrated the oil embargo as a response to Israeli policies. It is the same KSA that has donated more to Palestine than any other Muslim country and the same KSA that hosts almost 1 million Palestinians while giving them special rights that no other expats, Arab as non-Arab have. The same KSA that brokered the best peace proposal so far called the Arab Peace Initiative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Peace_Initiative

A peace initiative accepted by Palestine (West Bank, Fatah, Abbas) and Hamas alike as well as the entire Arab League more than once.

The same KSA where all polls shows that at least 90% of the people have negative views on Israel. The same KSA that has had some of the most fierce anti-Zionist clerics in the modern era. That KSA.

No, I am not related to the House of Saud but I know a few members and my family have connections. However my personal opinion is irrelevant here but nevertheless I have always openly criticized what I did not like and continue to do that in person and whenever such topics are discussed. In fact I am firmly of the belief that the GCC and wider Arab and Muslim world needs political and social reforms and I have written long and detailed posts about what I wish to see in KSA in terms of political and social changes. Even proposed a reformed political system in detail that I outlined on PDF and elsewhere (Arab forums). So no, no cult following here.

You are still talking about those 350 billion dollars not knowing that those are mutual investments and that this will benefit KSA immensely as ToT is obligatory in the deal and it will create dozens upon dozens of industries in KSA, jobs and moreover is in line with the goals of Saudi Vision 2030. It has nothing to do with past deals.

No, I don't because I am not foolish enough to think that KSA can do anything to change what Donald Trump is saying or what the US is doing. Nobody can which is why they are a sole superpower. Or do you want us to destroy ourselves like Saddam Hussein did and the Mullah's have done in order to score a few brownie points among mostly Muslims in third world countries that live in la-la land as you wrote?

Understand that we live in 2017. We (Arabs and Muslims) are not in positions that we once were. We cannot expect miracles.

Pre-1991 we had very little focus on our military because we thought that nobody would invade Bilad al-Haramain so we were forced to (not really as the US/west/world would have acted regardless due to the importance of the GCC and the region) rely on the US. Nowadays we don't have to in order to guard our own safety and prosperity and once the goals in the Saudi Vision 2030 are implemented even less so. The US, or rather their private companies and military sector, are helping us in this regard and offering us weaponry that no other country is able to let alone willing to. At the same time we cultivate booming ties with the East (as have been the case for millennia) which is why China is our largest trade partner and why 70 billion dollar big deals were signed with China when King Salman visited earlier this year, West, Arab and Muslim world and developing markets in Latin America and Sub-Saharan Africa.

Apparently it is haram for KSA to have economic and military ties with the US and West but halal for all the other Muslim countries (99% of them) or even those of which are NATO members (Turkey). So if such a discourse is not hypocrisy what is it then?

Lastly why is it that you expect KSA to save the entire Muslim world when we have a lot to do ourselves and are far, far away from being a superpower? Even if we were a superpower I doubt that we would be able to change much. It's something that the countries and peoples have to do themselves just like we have to improve ourselves as nobody else will do that for us.

Tillerson urges Arab nations to resolve rift with Qatar
By Mark Moore

June 5, 2017 | 9:32am | Updated

Modal Trigger
Reuters
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Monday called on Gulf states to “sit down together” to work out their differences to resolve a deepening diplomatic rift with Qatar.

“We certainly would encourage the parties to sit down together and address these differences,” Tillerson said during a stop in Sydney. “If there’s any role that we can play in terms of helping them address those, we think it is important that the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) remain united.”

A number of Gulf nations — Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Yemen, Libya and Saudi Arabia — announced they were severing ties with Qatar over what they say is the country’s support for terrorism and its relations with Iran.

SEE ALSO
Four countries cut ties with Qatar over terrorism 'support'

Saudi Arabia, which has been fighting Iran-backed rebels in Yemen for two years, cut diplomatic relations and closed borders with its neighbor to “protect its national security from the dangers of terrorism and extremism, ” the official Saudi Press Agency said.

Yemen said Qatar’s support of extremist groups in Yemen is “in contradiction with the goals announced by the countries supporting the legitimate government.”

Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt and the UAE all also suspended flights to Qatar,

Qatar, which is home to a major U.S. military base used for the air campaign against Islamic State terrorists in the Middle East, said there was “no legitimate justification” for the cutting of diplomatic ties.

Qatar has been accused of backing ISIS fighters in Iraq and providing financial support for terror groups in Syria, allegations the nation denies.

Iran on Monday blamed President Trump for the division between Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

The official IRNA news agency cited the $110 billion arms deal between the US and Saudi Arabia that Trump announced during his visit to the oil-rich kingdom two weeks ago.

Alaeddin Boroujerdi, Iran’s head of the parliamentary committee on national security and foreign policy, said the US is encouraging a divide among Muslim countries.

“Intervention of foreign countries, especially the United States, cannot be the solution to regional problems,” he said according to IRNA.

With Post Wires

Which is the official policy of KSA as KSA is the de facto leader of the GCC so a united GCC is in the best interests of KSA.

Last edited:
Which is the official policy of KSA as KSA is the de facto leader of the GCC so a united GCC is in the best interests of KSA.
I am not against any group just concerned what will be the outcome of this crisis

Don't worry Bro. It only shows that Pak's work load has just increased manifolds!!! They individually need Pak's support if they want to survive!!!! What a grand opportunity!!!!!!!
Right now in Pakistan there is epic confusion what the fish just happened and what should our policy be?
+++++++++++++++++
Pakistan has no plans to cut off ties with Qatar
June 5, 2017

By: Samaa Web Desk

Published in Global, Pakistan

Be the first to comment!
Nafees-Zakaria-640x434.jpg

Pakistan has no immediate plans to cut off diplomatic ties with Qatar, a spokesperson for the foreign ministry said on Monday.

“[The country] has no such plans,” said Nafees Zakaria, following Monday’s surprise severing of ties with Qatar by Islamabad’s key ally, Saudi Arabia, and three other Middle East nations.

“At the moment there is nothing on Qatar issue,” Zakaria said. “[We] will issue a statement if some development takes place.”

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain severed their ties with Qatar on Monday, accusing it of supporting terrorism, opening up the worst rift in years among some of the most powerful states in the Arab world.

The coordinated move dramatically escalates a dispute over Qatar’s support of the Muslim Brotherhood, the world’s oldest Islamist movement, and adds accusations that Doha even backs the agenda of Saudi Arabia’s regional arch-rival Iran.

Pakistan, which has a significant Shia Muslim population, has in recent years been caught between the feud between its Sunni ally, Saudi Arabia, and Shia-majority neighbor Iran.
https://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2017/06/pakistan-has-no-plans-to-cut-off-ties-with-qatar/
We will wait and see what happens in few days and react accordingly

No meeting or movement from Qatari officials till yet? i mean they should have visited Turkey, Kuwait or Oman for mediation or help?

Something is going on that is not yet widely known. Not a fan of conspiracy theories but it smells. We will have to see with time what is actually going on and hopefully our leaders will know what to do and once the truth is out we will have to draw some conclusions. It's too soon to draw any final conclusions.

WHAT’S BEHIND THE QATARI MANEUVER? IT’S GAS

https://syrianperspective.com/2017/...ck-them-out-syrian-army-blasts-isis-east.html

Well, it ain’t Iran’s truly honest elections which swayed the Amir of Qatar, Tameem bin Hamad `Aali Thaani, to switch loyalties to Iran. And, it wasn’t anything to do with the largest American military base in the region at Al-‘Udayd. In fact, the switch to Iran while hosting the U.S. would seem an unlikely coupling. But, not if you are a mini-state on the verge of self-destruction through a disadvantaged economic position.

You see, folks, once the natural gas pipeline is completed from Iran, across Iraq, to Syria’s coast, Qatari gas will be so expensive that the country will float on its cash reserves for a couple of years and then, implode. No more Qatar.

Hmmmm. The Iranians thought. What if we let the Qataris in on the deal? What if we share the natural gas pipeline? What if we can drive a wedge between Qatar and the rest of the Arabian trash on the Gulf? Wouldn’t that be British of us?

And so, it has happened. Iran has agreed to give Qatar a share of its rights in the pipeline to Syria and Damascus has agreed as long as Qatar discontinues its support for Al-Qaeda, ISIS and all the other rat groups like Faylaq Al-Rahmaan. Soon, Qatar’s useless military officers will be withdrawn from MOK in Jordan. And, better yet, Qatar is now absolved from any further obligation to the so-called “Saudi coalition” in the very unpopular war in Yemen.

The Saudis are enraged. How could Qatar support the Muslim Brotherhood, a group of Islamist fundamentalists who are deeply opposed to rule by primogenture or dynasticism? And, how could Qatar, a fellow rag-head nation hand its baton to Shi’I Iran, Saudi Arabia’s main enemy in the region? How, indeed? The Egyptians, so affronted by Qatar’s actions, accepted a check from Saudi Arabia in the billions in order to get it to pull its embassy out of Doha. Even the “government” in East Libya also departed.

Will Saudi Arabia attack Qatar with the U.S. base right there? Hardly, unless the U.S. pulls its assets out which will cost Mr. Trump a pretty penny. And how can Saudi Arabia do anything about it when it has its own paws full in Yemen? Politics make strange bedfellows – the U.S. and Iran in a menage a trois fit for the history books. I can’t wait to hear Trump explain this one away.

Don’t pay attention to the Washington stink tanks. They are deliberately hiding the facts from the pushover press. Pathetic. Let’s watch and see how long Saudi Arabia will take to act now that it’s enemy, Iran, is right on the border.
Great read!

Wouldn’t that be British of us?
Lol

Iran has agreed to give Qatar a share of its rights in the pipeline to Syria and Damascus

Has this been officially confirmed or at least even hinted?

of course its about money, it always about money, and geopolitics
Im curiouse about the Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline.
Firstly Syria must be cleaned of terrorists, also the illegal US presence in east and southeast syria must be resolved before starting the project.
what about the US presence in Iraq?
But damn, this project will butthurt the Saudis.
I wish Iran all the best with this project, this will be geopolitically very huge, and of course $$$$$ for the economy, R&D.......

Last edited:
Come on they need a new home :-(
GLobal warming is going to drown the old paradise

Its all ifs and butts i doubt anything is going to happen there if it remains politically stable

Doubt it :D
going to happen, wait for it.. in 12/24/36 months ?.. I don't know, but it will.

I don't know, but it will.
Innocent till proven guilty :D

Saudi Arabia shuts down Al Jazeera’s Riyadh bureau
b68c782e-e3ea-4e62-bf23-edbaba715996_16x9_788x442.jpg

Al Jazeera Media Network's Saudi office in Riyadh was shut down on Monday. (File photo: AP)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya EnglishMonday, 5 June 2017
Text size read.

Earlier in the day, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Maldives and Mauritius all declared they have severed ties with Qatar over the latter’s recent policies on extremism and terrorist financing.

Last Update: Monday, 5 June 2017 KSA

S hopefully our leaders will know what to do
which leaders you talking about house of saud? Do you have trust on these people who is plundering saudi resource just stay in power and gain influence on others through terrorism?

Something is going on that is not yet widely known. Not a fan of conspiracy theories but it smells. We will have to see with time what is actually going on and hopefully our leaders will know what to do and once the truth is out we will have to draw some conclusions. It's too soon to draw any final conclusions.
Some Jordanian writer wrote 15 years ago, that "The danger comes from Qatar"..We all know how good is the Jordanian intelligence, one of the best in the Arab world..So I do not now what took the GCC this much time to arrive to the same conclusion!?

Cutting off of terrorism financing is one of the new policies of the Islamic Alliance Against terrorism, So maybe Qatar was indulged in some resembling activities.. any way it is difficult to believe that this many Arab and Muslim countries will severe diplomatic ties with Qatar without having concrete evidence about some activities that are not in their interests or go completely against them..

Last edited:

Al Jazeera Media Network's Saudi office in Riyadh was shut down on Monday. (File photo: AP)

It means nothing as saudis are already all hooked up to their own propaganda broadcast and satellite.

Some Jordanian writer wrote 15 years ago, that "The danger comes from Qatar"..We all know how good is the Jordanian intelligence, one of the best in the Arab world..So I do not now what took the GCC this much time to arrive to the same conclusion!?

Jordan rulers are good mercenaries at best; they will do anything for anyone who pays them and king has his power. Intelligence does not suite them. By the way, Jordan king and UAE rulers are in family relation.

We don't really know what is going on. I don't buy this official story. MB is not important here as they do not rule anywhere and their various branches are different. Post-King Abdullah the MB has never been a problem either. It must be related to either Yemen, Israel or Mullah's. Or something entirely different. Either way some trust has been lost. That is evident.

Obviously the US has given the green light and stands with KSA here. This erupting just right after the 3 historic summits in Riyadh is no coincidence either.

Whatever is going on, the leaders better act wisely, and not put our people and region in danger which is all that matters. Not only that as such a policy will be their downfall. Remember that the current dynasties and regimes in power are 1 of 100's upon 100's that have been in power just during the Islamic era. No other region has been ruled by as many dynasties as our region or as old dynasties. In fact the first recorded ones.

I will await this, take my time, discuss this with people in person and online and afterwards draw my final conclusions.

we shall see, I'm actually hoping I'm wrong but..

good, this infighting is good, let's hope these arab zealots destroy each other one day.

al saud dynasty and ikhwaan are two sides of the same toxic ugly jihadi coin.

No meeting or movement from Qatari officials till yet? i mean they should have visited Turkey, Kuwait or Oman for mediation or help?

Actually, if Qatar has its thinking straight, then they should ignore saudi tantrum and work quietly. Saudis has no where to go with this tantrum.

Actually, if Qatar has its thinking straight, then they should ignore saudi tantrum and work quietly. Saudis has no where to go with this tantrum.

An Bangladeshi of all people, based in the US moreover, acting like he even knows what is going on. Hilarious.

Which planet are you living in? The entire GCC with the exception of Oman (who will most likely join soon) have adopted the same stance against Qatar as have numerous other Arab countries, including the most populous one, Egypt. No country has yet openly given their support to Qatar openly. Qatar are defenseless against the policies applied and they have already lost 10's upon 10's of million dollars less than 24 hours in. A tiny country, whose population (which are Saudi Arabians with a new nationality) is smaller than 1 single neighborhood in Riyadh, is no threat to KSA whatsoever. At most disruptive which won't be tolerated as you can see.

Nor are there any people to people hostility whatsoever, rather the opposite. It's about the policies of 2 Qataris (present and past Emir). Something serious must have occurred for such actions to be taken when KSA-Qatar relations were very good just a few months ago.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom