What's new

Saudi ‘seeking Pakistan arms for Syrian rebels’

Status
Not open for further replies.
A visit to Riyadh earlier this month by Pakistan’s army chief of staff, General Raheel Sharif, who met Crown Prince Salman Bin Abdul Aziz. Prince Salman himself last week led a large delegation to Pakistan, shortly after Saudi’s chief diplomat Prince Saud Al Faisal visited the kingdom’s key ally. Saudi sources telling that Saudi Arabia is in talks with Pakistan to provide anti-aircraft and anti-tank rockets to Syrian rebels to try to tip the balance in the war to overthrow President Bashar Al Assad, and this is being published in leading newspapers and you talk about secrecy ??? :disagree::disagree:

The "dumb masses" are really not that dumb bhai !!

Money talks and people have short memories. I will stand by with Pakistan's weapons industry, we should sell to anyone except someone whom we are directly engaged in combat. Look at Turkey and how they have jumped into the top 10 suppliers of weapons now. The bottom line is, if our weapons are not sold, there would be another supplier and we would bite the dust.

So that it sounds more like a conspiracy!

What explanation would you put forth when large number of Anza's and Bakhtar sikhan are used/captured in Syria? That Talibs stole them and sold to FSA.

We will refuse to confirm or deny.

@Aeronaut Bhai sahib we are not the Egyptian Phoenix to periodically burn ourself to death and emerge from the ashes as a new phoenix again !!

All arms suppliers do that. Its Nothing but a trade strategy. If we were crying in the UN or sending soldiers to fight with FSA then i'd agree with you. We need to maintain non interventionism to an extent where it brings us financial benefits.

As long as we are able to maintain non interventionism though with the recent visits and with Nawaz's government's policy towards the Saudis I hardly see the public not being able to put two and two together and once they do It would be a disaster.

Money talks and people have short memories. I will stand by with Pakistan's weapons industry, we should sell to anyone except someone whom we are directly engaged in combat. Look at Turkey and how they have jumped into the top 10 suppliers of weapons now. The bottom line is, if our weapons are not sold, there would be another supplier and we would bite the dust.

We will refuse to confirm or deny.
I personally think Pakistan needs to stay the hell out of this conflict. Supporting the rebels will tick off the Chinese, and supporting the gov will tick off the Saudis. It's best if Pakistan steer's clear of the Syrian war.

By the way, who do I give an opinion piece I wrote?

@Aeronaut Bhai sahib we are not the Egyptian Phoenix to periodically burn ourself to death and emerge from the ashes as a new phoenix again !!

Everything that has an end has a beginning. We are not going anywhere.

As long as we are able to maintain non interventionism though with the recent visits and with Nawaz's government's policy towards the Saudis I hardly see the public not being able to put two and two together and once they do It would be a disaster.

This is where young Pakistanis come in. We need to raise our voice to make sure that there are tabs on how much we tilt ourselves to either Arabs or Persians. Our right place is where we are making money from their conflict, not fighting for the either or both sides.

I personally think Pakistan needs to stay the hell out of this conflict. Supporting the rebels will tick off the Chinese, and supporting the gov will tick off the Saudis. It's best if Pakistan steer's clear of the Syrian war.

By the way, who do I give an opinion piece I wrote?

Post it in opinions submissions 2014 thread.

We are still selling armament to Sri Lankans, negotiating for a batch of JF-17s.

KSA never wanted JF-17, they were just using it as a scare tactic to make EDAS drop price on the Typhoons so they could buy 72 more of them. I knew it from the beginning.
and still u were supporting it?
And abt AK?

But remember one thing doing such things again and again will only make our innocent people suffer more while u only will be interested in selling arms and making few millions.

Last edited:
and still u were supporting it?
And abt AK?

But remember one thing doing such things again and again will only make our innocent people suffer more wile u only will be interested in selling arms and making few millions.

I am just supporting the positive PR we are getting from it.

But suicide is forbidden in Islam !!

This is not suicide, we are just making money from a conflict that has nothing to do with us.

This is not suicide, we are just making money from a conflict that has nothing to do with us.

It will most probably come back to us one day !! Why don`t we learn from our past mistakes ?? Promoting religious extremism is suicidal indeed!!

This is where young Pakistanis come in. We need to raise our voice to make sure that there are tabs on how much we tilt ourselves to either Arabs or Persians. Our right place is where we are making money from their conflict, not fighting for the either or both sides.

You think in a civil war like scenario anybody is concerned about how much we have indeed tilted ourselves in KSA's favour before jumping to conclusions that suit them?? And do you think our rulers are in the least bit concerned about how much we raise our voice against their showing support directly or indirectly to any side in this conflict?? We don't pull the strings, they do.

It will most probably come back to us one day !! Why don`t we learn from our past mistakes ?? Promoting religious extremism is suicidal indeed!!

Wars are unfortunate, they happen, the best we can do is to stay low and capitalize on them by selling our weapons. We must not tilt either way in the Syria conflict. We should place ourselves where we could sell our weapons, ideally to the both sides.

You think in a civil war like scenario anybody is concerned about how much we have indeed tilted ourselves in KSA's favour before jumping to conclusions that suit them?? And do you think our rulers are in the least bit concerned about how much we raise our voice against their showing support directly or indirectly to any side in this conflict?? We don't pull the strings, they do.

Everything we say or do is not powerless. The biggest issue with democracy is that stupid masses don't realize their own power.
Politicians are not the only ones calling the shots. Military and Intel makes these calls and govt facilitates it.

Everything we say or do is not powerless. The biggest issue with democracy is that stupid masses don't realize their own power.
Politicians are not the only ones calling the shots. Military and Intel makes these calls and govt facilitates it.

Well nonetheless we aren't calling the shots and I agree our people don't realise their power but then we have to devise a strategy based on our people and tread a path that ensures their good. Expecting them to understand mere business and monetary benefits isn't plausible in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom