What's new

Saudi’s New F-15SA To Have Next-Gen Missiles, EW Systems

JUBA

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has taken delivery of the first Boeing F-15SA fighter aircraft, the newest variant of the combat-proven F-15 which provides improved performance and increased survivability at a lower life-cycle cost.

The Saudi Air Force will receive a total of 84 F-15 aircraft by 2015. Officials said the F-15 for Saudi Arabia included a range of enhancements. They cited improved situational awareness, avionics, electronic warfare, infrared search and track and an active electronically-scanned array radar. The prototype also contains two additional weapon stations for increased payload capacity.

Officials said Saudi Arabia would also receive latest-generation air-to-air and air-to-ground missiles as well as the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System. JHMCS has been developed for the U.S. Air Force by a subsidiary of Israel’s Elbit Systems.

"We look forward to receiving the advanced capabilities of the F-15SA aircraft to continue to protect the security and stability of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia," said Lt.

Gen. Mohammed Bin Abdullah Al-Ayeesh, commander, Royal Saudi Air Force. "Our relationship with the U.S. Air Force and The Boeing Company has helped to ensure the Royal Saudi Air Force remains among the best-equipped air forces in the world." Flight testing began this year on the F-15SA. The Royal Saudi Air Force has operated F-15S fighters since the 1990s. "The Kingdom and Boeing have been partners for 65 years and our partnership goes beyond the innovative products and services we provide," said Dennis Muilenburg, Boeing Defense, Space & Security president and CEO. "Equally as important are the excellent collaborations between Boeing and Saudi educational and industrial organizations." "The F-15SA will enhance the national security objectives of both the United States and the Kingdom with improved interoperability and common training and support well into the 21st century," said Lt. Gen. C.D. Moore, the U.S. Air Force's decision authority for the F-15SA program.

Saudi?s New F-15SA To Have Next-Gen Missiles, EW Systems

The F-15SA in its first flight

AI%20F-15%20fly%20by%20wire%201%20April%202013.jpg

Awesomesauce!

All what we need now is to get our hands on the F-35 & sign the new Typhoon deal! ..

Awesomesauce!

All what we need now is to get our hands on the F-35 & sign the new Typhoon deal! ..
Wth,Typhoon not enough plus the F-35?
Do you want the JXX to?
235 F-15
87 P Tornados
72 Typhoon
Correct me if im wrong,thats allmost 400 fighter jets.
No other country in the ME has more,isnt that enough?

Well, its stealthiness is very important for our national security. The RSAF is aiming at it for their own reasons.
Wth,Typhoon not enough plus the F-35?
Do you want the JXX to?
235 F-15
87 P Tornados
72 Typhoon
Correct me if im wrong,thats allmost 400 fighter jets.
No other country in the ME has more,isnt that enough?

Yes, we received 26 Typhoons out of our 76 we purchased back in 07. The RSAF might order another 72 additional ones.
i thought you already bought typhoon with Transfer of Tech deal

F-35 will be really Nice hopefully they get all the kinks out

Do you know how many F-35s?
I see on wiki that the size of your airforce personal is just 20000,isnt that to small for such a big aircraft fleet?

That is incredible. I just have one question- In a hypothetical scenario, Can this F-15SA lock and destroy israeli fighters? DO they have the IFF removed?

I see on wiki that the size of your airforce personal is just 20000,isnt that to small for such a big aircraft fleet?
I don't know how many are they going to order.

I don't believe that the Airforce personnel are 20k ,but I don't know exactly how many they are.

The last released figures of which Wiki and other sources use are of the personal in 1991 which was the last revealed Military count. So yeah I hardly doubt it to be just 20K.

Back
Top Bottom