What's new

Saudi 'nightmare' on U.S.-Iran rapprochement

Nonsense article.

Isn't this true?

Unlike in years past, they are not only angry with permanent Security Council members China and Russia, however, but with the United States, which they believe has repeatedly let down its Arab friends with policies they see as both weak and naive.

Isn't this true?

Saudi Arabian and Chinese relations are excellent. China is neutral on Syria. The foreign minister of France visited KSA yesterday where both countries acknowledged their identical stance on Syria. I made a thread about it. 3 weeks ago the Royal Saudi Arabian Air Force (RSAF) and the British Royal Air Force (RAF) conducted a drill together in England.

Saudi-British Green Flag

Earlier this week the Egyptian president and neighbor, Adly Mansour, visited King Abdullah to thank the Saudi Arabian stance on Egypt and for more cooperation.

KSA stands by Egypt | Arab News

KSA has a different stance on Syria than the Obama administration but so has France/UK compared to the Obama administration.

If anything there might be a slight deterrence in the Saudi Arabian/American relations but in my opinion that is mainly due to the Saudi Arabian stance on Egypt if anything.

Chinese are not exactly neutral on Syria; they have opposed every UNSC resolution for the past two years. KSA may stand by Egypt, but Egypt not by KSA when it comes to Syria.

Chinese are not exactly neutral on Syria; they have opposed every UNSC resolution for the past two years. KSA may stand by Egypt, but Egypt not by KSA when it comes to Syria.

Of course! After all, it is called Egypt.

is there any nightmare in china-Taiwan India-Pakistan Russia-Giorgia Indonesia-Australia relations with USA ?

Maybe this won't be the case. An arm race is being sparked already, things will change dramatically.

Maybe our Iranain friends need to chill put after those 34 years of western isolation.

That is only because of USA. Everything USA and China does are opposites. Just as India and China. And India and Pakistan. And KSA and Iran. Or USA and Russia. More or less.

China has not supported Al-Assad militarily or economically as Russia and Iran have done. In fact Chinese weapons have fallen in the hands of the Syrian opposition. But I don't remember if those were old weapons sold to the Al-Assad regime or new deliveries.

KSA and Egypt are fairly united as most of the Arab world. KSA has not supported any invasion of Syria just air strikes that could weaken the Assad regime in order to end the conflict since they and most of the world society do not see a future of Syria ruled by Al-Assad.

In the latest summit in the Arab League there was a united stance more or less. I only think that Iraq and Algeria did not agree. The former due to the implications of the Syrian conflict on its borders and the latter due to the good Algeria-Russia relations. But deep inside then I doubt that the rulers of those two countries see a Syria with Al-Assad as the ruler.

In fact the only interest for Russia in Syria is their future geopolitical role in that country and immediate region. They are afraid of losing their last true ally in the region. A region overwhelmingly dominated by pro-Nato/USA/West regimes. I doubt that they care whether the head of state (in the case of being pro-Russian) is named Al-Assad or Al-Atassi as the former Syrian president and predecessor of Hafiz al-Assad was named.

Nureddin al-Atassi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Atassi family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stability in the region is good for both Saudis and Iranian and will increase in trade through gulf waters.

US is an unreliable ally and there is plenty of track record for this. Besides one should not put all eggs in one basket, it is too risky.

America’s influence in the Middle East has fallen: Top 10 reasons.

Thanks in large part to the leadership of Obama. But he is not alone, the entire foreign policy establishment in the US is clueless. Papa Bush was smart, but Baby Bush messed up big time. He removed Saddam and handed Iraq on a silver platter to Iran. He also helped Iran by removing the Taliban.

It is time for GCC states to actively chart a new course, quietly behind the scenes, while maintaining the facade of the status quo being unchanged.

US is an unreliable ally and there is plenty of track record for this. Besides one should not put all eggs in one basket, it is too risky.

Thanks in large part to the leadership of Obama. But he is not alone, the entire foreign policy establishment in the US is clueless. Papa Bush was smart, but Baby Bush messed up big time. He removed Saddam and handed Iraq on a silver platter to Iran. He also helped Iran by removing the Taliban.

It is time for GCC states to actively chart a new course, quietly behind the scenes, while maintaining the facade of the status quo being unchanged.

KSA has tremmendous influence in the US bro. Second to Israel. From the region that is.

Obama is clueless and his administration is one of the weakest in American history. Most patriotic Americans cannot recognize their country. Bush Junior was an evangelical fool who caused more harm than anything else in the region and for his own country archiving ZERO.

Al-Qaeda is stronger than ever compared to the time before 9/11. USA has lost valuable allies since then. Their position has weakened militarily and economically. The debts are ENORMOUS. But they are still the most powerful country in the world mind you.

Iraq is not a Iranian proxy bro. That is a wrong assumption. The only thing that is correct is that their relations are better than during Saddam's time and before where they were rather cold. But they cannot risk their relations with ALL their other neighbors (who are anti-Mullah) for the sake of a few Mullah's. Even if they get removed. And once they get removed then the Mullah's cannot play the religion card anymore and all their influence vanishes.

And even if Iraq and Iran (LOL) made some alliance they would be no match WHATSOEVER against us Sunni Arabs or the Sunni world and our allies. So be calm about that one.

Also don't forget that the Iraqi Sunni Arabs who make up 25% and inhabit more than half of Iraq. They will not accept to be ruled by Mullah's from their arch-rival in Iran. Then you have the Kurds who are mostly Sunnis in the North that are ruling their own autonomous region (country even) in the North. They have their own agenda. In short they are no "rival".

I will watch closely what the Barack Hussein Obama administration will do in regards to Syria and from there plan ahead. I am sure the leadership does that already.

USA will continue to be a reliable partner. I cannot see how this can change. We can have good relations with USA, EU, NATO, Muslim world, Arab world, China and India at the same time.

Most are just economic relations.

After restoring full ties with the US, what are the chanses for Iran and Israel to normalize relations?

Hi Gulfie.
Now even you use that sentence.

So much propaganda has brainwashed even you"Handed to Iran on a golden plate"
Open the link and see for yourself how often this sentence has been used : https://www.google.nl/#q=handed+iraq+on+a+golden+plate+to+iran

Didn’t expect this from "mr professional".
Yes, baba Bush was so good that he burned Iraq to the ground to protect your gulfie friends but left Iraq in sanctions, so curse little Bush for Iraq being able to resume oil exports and have no sanctions anymore.

And even if Iraq and Iran (LOL) made some alliance they would be no match WHATSOEVER against us Sunni Arabs or the Sunni world and our allies. So be calm about that one.

Also don't forget that the Iraqi Sunni Arabs who make up 25% and inhabit more than half of Iraq. They will not accept to be ruled by Mullah's from their arch-rival in Iran. Then you have the Kurds who are mostly Sunnis in the North that are ruling their own autonomous region (country even) in the North. They have their own agenda. In short they are no "rival".

I will watch closely what the Barack Hussein Obama administration will do in regards to Syria and from there plan ahead. I am sure the leadership does that already.

USA will continue to be a reliable partner. I cannot see how this can change. We can have good relations with USA, EU, NATO, Muslim world, Arab world, China and India at the same time.

Most are just economic relations.

Iraq on it’s own will actually be a match/rival to any other neighbor, this I don’t even have to prove, history proves it which is the most solid proof anyone could ask for.

Sunni Iraqis Anbar Rutbah :
3:10

No need to keep mentioning them they are pro Iraq.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom