What's new

Saudi makes Abaya compulsory for women on Hajj

I have a bad feeling about those high rise buildings looking DOWN on Kabah. I have heard that in Washington they have this statue on congress or some where and no building is allowed to be above that statue and that is why there is no high rise there. This looking DOWN thing is no good. I have also heard that in hotels of Mecca wine is freely available.

This is part of the reforms king Abdullah set in motion to modernize our nation. The cleric who opposed this is not jobless I hope the same treatment happens to the ones who made this law too.

I agree with you the veil choice should be totally left for the woman to decide just like men growing beard.

If its allowed for uni girls then why it is not allowed for Pakistanis?

Have had enough of Saudi bullshit. Our women should be free to wear what they wear in Pakistan. We don't need to learn from Saudis on what and how to wear.

Our women apart from winter wear dresses which are mostly see through... I think Abaya is a good compulsion for our women... if anyone wishes their way, Las Vegas is open for Umrah and Haj :D

P/S personally I wont mind anyone wearing whatever or nothing ever. be sexiest.. :D

If its allowed for uni girls then why it is not allowed for Pakistanis?

It's not just pakistanis or targeting pakistanis. It is just that particular university rest of KSA this rule is applied everywhere.

That is because he does not want to accept that Saud family is corrupt and in the pocket of Americans. He is always defending their wrong actions.

Your comments are contrary to your name !

Have you ever been to Haram ?
Have you seen what some women wear there ? ( and please do spare a moment for the rural women ).
Have you ever tried to estimate the effect of sweat on cotton ? ......

Abaya is almost a recognition symbol for Muslim women all over the world, and is in compliance with Islam's requirements for Women clothing.

If you can argue on these facts, please bring forth your arguments, otherwise I suggest you refrain from your jingoism.

It will never hurt to do some research before you talk.

I have a bad feeling about those high rise buildings looking DOWN on Kabah. I have heard that in Washington they have this statue on congress or some where and no building is allowed to be above that statue and that is why there is no high rise there. This looking DOWN thing is no good. I have also heard that in hotels of Mecca wine is freely available.

They are not "looking down" on Al-Kaabah it it is not haram to build houses larger than Al-Kaabah since in prophet's time there were two story buildings and such for rich families there and there was nothing wrong in it nor the prophet even considered it.

And no wine is not freely available anywhere is KSA. And who goes to makkah to drink?????

Congratulations. Let's bend over backwards more to the dictatorship of Saudi Arabia. Next they will say that women need to cover their face on Hajj too, since that's what their Wahabi scholars think is right. Followed by prohibiting women from Hajj maybe. Maybe ban existence of women altogether.

Abaya made compulsory for Pakistani women pilgrims

KARACHI: Upon the directives of Saudi Authorities, Pakistani women cannot perform Hajj this year without wearing Abaya.

The Ministry of Religious Affairs took notice of Pakistani women pilgrims without Abaya and issued notices to the National Airline and Directorate of Hajj.

The notice said that the airlines will face penalty of 5,000 Saudi Riyal and suspension of Hajj director if the condition of Abaya is not fulfilled.

The measures were taken after a flight carrying women pilgrims to Saudi Arabia yesterday without Abaya. Consequently Saudi Authorities urged Pakistan to follow the dress code for women pilgrims.

Abaya made compulsory for Pakistani women pilgrims | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Since your comments prelude the article, It is evident you were subjective, and made up your mind before debate.
Be Honest and say that you posted this article here for information and debate and not your own disgust ?

Think about it ...

It's not just pakistanis or targeting pakistanis. It is just that particular university rest of KSA this rule is applied everywhere.

particular university and rest of KSA

thats my point

your king have double standards

thats my point

It is not double standard, the university was exempted from this on trial basis because it is the only university of it's kind.
Kind of hard to find faculty for two institutes.

Back to the point, we don't have a right to talk about double standards till Nargis and Deedar are dancing !

thats my point

You can't change things over night. But the university will change the city around it and the city will change the region and the region the country. Time my friend time.

You can't change things over night. But the university will change the city around it and the city will change the region and the region the country. Time my friend time.

in order to change society on one hand he is giving freedom and on the other hand taking that away (more strictly ) Well done

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

It is not double standard, the university was exempted from this on trial basis because it is the only university of it's kind.
Kind of hard to find faculty for two institutes.

yeah they are the poorest nation of the world. Dont have money for all this

Can you please elaborate more on that, what were they wearing that did not seem good... I am thinking on the line of mini skirts and tank tops...

Your thinking reveal your mind's level.

i was saying that in Pakistan women use 'Dopatta' a scarf that i not enough to Cover whole body, but Abaya on the other side is Best way to cover whole body.

Your comments are contrary to your name !

Have you ever been to Haram ?
Have you seen what some women wear there ? ( and please do spare a moment for the rural women ).
Have you ever tried to estimate the effect of sweat on cotton ? ......

Abaya is almost a recognition symbol for Muslim women all over the world, and is in compliance with Islam's requirements for Women clothing.

If you can argue on these facts, please bring forth your arguments, otherwise I suggest you refrain from your jingoism.

It will never hurt to do some research before you talk.

Yes, it becomes transparent and be-hayaee ho jaye gi. </sarcasm>

It's hot as hell in Sibbi and women wear traditional shalwar qameez there too. With somethings called "shameez", an undergarment used for preventing translucency ! And it works, otherwise we would see much more in Pakistan too !

Goodness me. No end to justifying compulsions. Wear it if you want to. If you impose it, then it's just a human tent.

Since your comments prelude the article, It is evident you were subjective, and made up your mind before debate.
Be Honest and say that you posted this article here for information and debate and not your own disgust ?

Think about it ...

I did not try to hide my disgust. Will remain thoroughly opposed to Saudi and House of Saud's religious product and it's social effects.

Yes, it becomes transparent and be-hayaee ho jaye gi. </sarcasm>

It's hot as hell in Sibbi and women wear traditional shalwar qameez there too. With somethings called "shameez", an undergarment used for preventing translucency ! And it works, otherwise we would see much more in Pakistan too !

Goodness me. No end to justifying compulsions. Wear it if you want to. If you impose it, then it's just a human tent.

Going "commando" under an abaya can feel very "liberating". :P

Your thinking reveal your mind's level.

i was saying that in Pakistan women use 'Dopatta' a scarf that i not enough to Cover whole body, but Abaya on the other side is Best way to cover whole body.

A shalwar kameez is as modest a dress as any Arabian abaya out there. People especially the Muslims of the subcontinent have been wearing it for at least over a century (just a rough estimate, its definitely more than the time period i just listed). People used to go for hajj during the times of the ottomans too, if the Abaya was an absolute cornerstone of the Islamic way of dressing, surely it would've been enforced at some point of the their almost 600 year rule. This new law is nothing more than exporting an extreme version of Islam to a country which has historically hosted a tolerant society. and as for you argument of the Dopatta not enough to cover the whole body, well, please check out the picture i posted below. Please learn to appreciate your own culture rather than rejecting it for some foreign one.

the forum is not letting me post an image since i don't have the minimum number of posts to do so. kindly look up shalwar kameez on wikipedia and scroll down to history section and you'll see what i was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom