What's new

Saudi Kings of Oil join the shale gas revolution

Gasification technology is new and is being tested in many countries with substantial reserves of coal including here in Australia. Dr Samar Mubarik Mand was here on a visit,explaining his model that he developed. They did have partial success,however technology takes time, there are no quick fixes. The more failures you come across the more likely the success becomes. I do have high long term hopes with the thar coal project.

The results will speak for themselves, when they appear, or fail to do so, Sir.

Failure is a critical stage of any technological development. I'd like to live in hope.

Peace.

Hope is good. I respect that.

But to realize hopes, it takes a lot of time, effort, expertise and money.

For developing Thar coal, we may have the time, but the effort and expertise available is simply not up to the challenge. And the whole project is starved of the capital needed to make any appreciable headway.

@Aeronaut

We have had the same problem with the natural gas fields ,However Aramco eventually came up with more advanced and accurate technology and had a good impact overall. I'm very hopeful that the next time the folks dig into the field in Pakistan ,they will come up with something great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shale gas is no replacement to Oil...

Oil will continue to dominate world markets :/

Agreed!. I think pakistan needs to further expand its navy (frigates, destroyers, speedboats) esp in the arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman. Pakistan navy also need nuclear capability submarines deployed and ready to hit. Also bases in Oman, Qatar, UAE and Southern Saudi Arabia. Im Sure GCC states wont hesitate twice to fund pakistan military projects/joint ventures. Furthermore, Oil, Gas and other source of armaments (third party role).

:pakistan:
Kz5dX.gif

Would KSA provide the funds for Pakistan to develop its navy?

Since the future PN will need something like 4 SSBNs, 4 SSNs, 6 Aegis DDGs, 12 heavy frigates, 12 conventional AIP subs, etc.

These toys require a lot of money, since KSA has funded the nuclear weapons for Pakistan, then the navy equipments shouldn't be an exception as well.

Interesting article.

Saudi ,however, must aid her ideological friends and allies. It's mandatory that Saudi triple her aid to Pakistan. More medicine to Pak ,more weapons so the Indians will have to think not only 10 times but rather 99 times. LoL,more food,and more friendship.

Agreed!. I think pakistan needs to further expand its navy (frigates, destroyers, speedboats) esp in the arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman. Pakistan navy also need nuclear capability submarines deployed and ready to hit. Also bases in Oman, Qatar, UAE and Southern Saudi Arabia. Im Sure GCC states wont hesitate twice to fund pakistan military projects/joint ventures. Furthermore, Oil, Gas and other source of armaments (third party role).

:pakistan:
Kz5dX.gif

What we have is experience and knowledge.
What saudi arabia has money and no trade restrictions.

What we should do is put the youth + engineers together some where in Saudi Arabia ... (Khobar is just right).
and put them to produce weapons.

It is far enough from India,
close enough to Iran.

Example:
I can not import ceramic bearings to Pakistan ... it will alert the world's intelligence agencies.
I can do that in Saudi Arabia, no problems.

I can not import CnC machines without alerting a lot of people; very easy to that in Saudi Arabia.

For the 1kg of steel or Aluminum, cost is very high in Pakistan, and low on saudi arabia because of cheaper power.

Since Saudi Arabia provides everyone with oil, no country can with it, and impose sanctions.

Thus, what the two countries will get is a shared production capability; more jobs, and more options.
Both the countries do not have trust deficit; so we can share every thing.

problem solved.

Failure is a critical stage of any technological development. I'd like to live in hope.

Peace.

Gasification as a technology has been proven.
What we lack now is the funds to develop it on industrial scale ( generators, turbines, control systems).

We have discovered gas fields in north west, (Karak & Hangu).
You can quote me on that.

what is going on is people eating a lot of money for their own bank accounts.

Hope is good. I respect that.

But to realize hopes, it takes a lot of time, effort, expertise and money.

For developing Thar coal, we may have the time, but the effort and expertise available is simply not up to the challenge. And the whole project is starved of the capital needed to make any appreciable headway.

@Aeronaut

We have had the same problem with the natural gas fields ,However Aramco eventually came up with more advanced and accurate technology and had a good impact overall. I'm very hopeful that the next time the folks dig into the field in Pakistan ,they will come up with something great!

hmmm . lets see that in action.
Lets start exploring iraq and pakistan together.

@salman108
I wish you could say that to the MOPM :D we need to start exporting gas ,and ditch the Qataris.

hmmm . lets see that in action.
Lets start exploring iraq and pakistan together.

Cooperation with Iraqis is nearly impossible :/ ,Nori al Maliki owns SOMO already ,and we will never normalize the relationship with him. We just won a contract in Libya last year though.

As for our strategic alliance with Pakaitsn, I think we should take some steps forward in the effort of modernizing the Pakistani Army as well as the Pakistani society.

@salman108
I wish you could say that to the MOPM :D we need to start exporting gas ,and ditch the Qataris.

Cooperation with Iraqis is nearly impossible :/ ,Nori al Maliki owns SOMO already ,and we will never normalize the relationship with him. We just won a contract in Libya last year though.

As for our strategic alliance with Pakaitsn, I think we should take some steps forward in the effort of modernizing the Pakistani Army as well as the Pakistani society.

Pak Army is fine,
PAF needs help, but will get there in time ....
Navy ... I don't know much about it.

but, here is the game man... Pakistan petroleum has already been awarded license in Iraq and we have been allotted exploration sectors.

Right now, we are collaborating with Italians (ENI) for it.
U think the ENI will do any work ? NO !
they will never go to the field.

This is how we (saudi X Pakistan) should work.

Where our bid is strong, we prime the bid;
and where you are strong you prime the bid.

In any case we both win !

Back
Top Bottom