What's new

Saudi football team fail to line up for minute's silence in honour of London terror attack victims

The event was disappointing.

That given both sides should have agreed to the minute, the article clearly states "The Football Federation of Australia were then unable to persuade Saudi Arabian officials to agree to participate in the tribute."

the article clearly states "The Football Federation of Australia were then unable to persuade Saudi Arabian officials to agree to participate in the tribute."

Oh wow, I didn't see that. Thats really deplorable of the Saudis, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but now screw 'em. They better not cry when it happens to them.

Holding statement from the Saudi Arabian Football Federation regarding the one minute silence in Australia game

9 /6/ 2017

The Saudi Arabian Football Federation deeply regrets and unreservedly apologises for any offence caused by the failure of some members of the representative team of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to formally observe the one minute's silence in memory of the victims of the London terrorist attack on 3 June 2017, prior to the World Cup Qualifying match against Australia in Adelaide.
The players did not intend any disrespect to the memories of the victims or to cause upset to their families, friends or any individual affected by the atrocity
The Saudi Arabian Football Federation condemns all acts of terrorism and extremism and extends its sincerest condolences to the families of all the victims and to the Government and people of the United Kingdom

Oh wow, I didn't see that. Thats really deplorable of the Saudis, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but now screw 'em. They better not cry when it happens to them.

Oops moment awaits you

Holding statement from the Saudi Arabian Football Federation regarding the one minute silence in Australia game

9 /6/ 2017

The Saudi Arabian Football Federation deeply regrets and unreservedly apologises for any offence caused by the failure of some members of the representative team of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to formally observe the one minute's silence in memory of the victims of the London terrorist attack on 3 June 2017, prior to the World Cup Qualifying match against Australia in Adelaide.
The players did not intend any disrespect to the memories of the victims or to cause upset to their families, friends or any individual affected by the atrocity
The Saudi Arabian Football Federation condemns all acts of terrorism and extremism and extends its sincerest condolences to the families of all the victims and to the Government and people of the United Kingdom

They should've explained why they didn't line up though

Apologising after a media outcry doesn't really help much

Why moment of silence while muslims are dying around the world and no one stays silent about it ?????

I give them right for that don't stay silence or excuse for something that you wasn't involved in !!!!

No one cares about the crap moment of silent who stood up for the muslims that's the question !!!!

Saudi Arabia football team fail to line up for minute's silence in honour of London terror attack victims '

View attachment 402521

The Saudi Arabian football team were booed by Australian supporters after they failed to properly line up for a minute's silence in honour of the victims of the London Bridge terror attacks.

Saudi Arabia were preparing to play Australia in a World Cup qualifier at the Adelaide Oval when the stadium announcer called for a minute's silence to begin.
The Australia team linked arms in a line on the centre circle while the Saudi Arabia team stood in random formation as the silence began.

According to Adam Peacock, who works as a presenter for Fox Sports in Australia, the Asian Football Confederation approved the minute’s silence against the wishes of Saudi Arabia.

The Football Federation of Australia were then unable to persuade Saudi Arabian officials to agree to participate in the tribute.

A number of Saudi Arabian players stood still with their arms behind their back while others appeared to continue their warm up.

Reports suggest that the visitors' substitutes bench also failed to stand to observe the tribute.

The incident sparked outrage on social media with one user tweeting: "I hope Fifa call out Saudi Arabia on the clear lack of respect shown prior to kick-off. Not participating in the minute's silence is disgusting."

Eight people were killed when three men attacked pedestrians with knives on London Bridge and in roads around Borough Market.

The Socceroos beat Saudi Arabia 3-2 to keep touch with Japan at the top of their World Cup qualifying group.

I'm not surprised, after all their minions did it!

Saudis really? New to planet earth?

They might be asses but a lot of it is uncalled for by people who have other reasons to hate Saudi (sects non Muslims etc)

I can't help but think it could be a setup, but if it isn't then the team leadership are indeed idiots

"Arabs" .... :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
Lol.. They did right, 3m Iraqis martyerd, thousands of libyans, syrians, afghanies, Palestinians, yamnies been killed so for, how many times you witnessed silent ceremonies from western countries? Why only 8 lifes have more value then others? Im not disrespecting uk martyrs here, but plz show respect towards every human being killed in terrorists attacks, that will units the world against bloody terrorists

Why moment of silence while muslims are dying around the world and no one stays silent about it ?????

Why dont muslim teams start observing such in the first place themselves? Please start the trend. There is no lack of reason for doing so each and every game these days.

Back
Top Bottom