What's new

Saudi flight delayed over stewardess' lack of guardian

somebozo

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Saudi flight delayed over stewardess' lack of guardian - Transport - ArabianBusiness.com
Saudi flight delayed over stewardess' lack of guardian
Passenger forcefully removed from plane after causing two hour delay
By Massoud A. Derhally
Wednesday, 13 March 2013 2:50 PM

A Saudi Arabia Airlines flight from Jeddah to the eastern city of Dammam was delayed over a passenger's demand that a stewardess be removed from the aircraft because she wasn't accompanied by a male guardian, Okaz newspaper reported.

Flight 1108 was delayed when a stewardess began to read out and demonstrate flight safety procedures was interrupted by a passenger who asked her "why are you on the plane without a guardian?" the newspaper reported.

The passenger then proceeded to demand the plane not take off until all women unaccompanied by male guardians be removed from the aircraft.

The captain called security who then forcefully removed the objecting passenger and his son and started an investigation, according to the newspaper. The incident caused the flight to be delayed two hours.

Every woman in Saudi Arabia must have a male guardian accompanying her when travelling, usually a husband or father, sometimes a son. Women in the kingdom need the consent of a male guardian to work, travel abroad, marry or to open a bank account.

King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, who has tried to accelerate the pace of reform in the kingdom, announced in 2011 that women would be able to vote and run in municipal elections starting in 2015.

Last month, the monarch appointed 30 women to the 150-member Shoura Council which was previously an all male body that advises the government on legislation.

2013 Arabian Business Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.

Old fashion bullies will always drag u into nothing but a swarm of stupidities.

Though I would argue things have changed rapidly over the last few years. Last year, my mom came to see me on her own :/ ,plus females were able to open a bank account on their own as well as going to work by themselves so IDK where did u get that from.

What is an airplane doing inside of a kitchen?

Maybe she was doing Kosher? LoL

Maybe this is a case of one in a milion,why bring this news?
There are narrow minded people evrywhere so we should avoid such news.

Old fashion bullies will always drag u into nothing but a swarm of stupidities.

Though I would argue things have changed rapidly over the last few years. Last year, my mom came to see me on her own :/ ,plus females were able to open a bank account on their own as well as going to work by themselves so IDK where did u get that from.

You do realize that the rest of the world has been doing that for centuries now!
Arabia is just progressing from 7th century into 7.5th century..that is still backwards for the rest of the world!

Ohh and the country of two holy mosques is now breaking the shariah rule itself...by having women fly without male guardian...what a pity! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Actually, @somebozo; the passenger was just giving vent to his disappointment. He was hoping to fly on a "flying carpet piloted by Djinns and with Houris acting as stewardesses"; he did not get any of those things; hence his frustration!

4 Real.

You do realize that the rest of the world has been doing that for centuries now!
Arabia is just progressing from 7th century into 7.5th century..that is still backwards for the rest of the world!

Ohh and the country of two holy mosques is now breaking the shariah rule itself...by having women fly without male guardian...what a pity! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Lmfao, You still thinking of Saudi of the 70s :/ things have changed tremendously.

You also must realize that you can't compare DATES to oranges. Saudi used to be an empty desert with no water or a damn thing ,therefore your argument is null and by the same extension void.

What Shira are you talking about:/ nothing wrong with a female traveling on her on as long as she's doing the right thing ,same is applied to male too.
And since when does Saudi own the two holy shrine? As far as my knowledge is concerned, the two holiest places belong to you know who. Mecca and Medina being within Saudi doesn't mean it belongs to us ,that's a clownish argument ;) ..

Why are these guys using Aeroplanes which are Kaffir inventions??
Because it's faster and more convenient than the Carpets ;) .. Plus, Westerns will sell their souls for money;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you hate that 7th century country so much, what the heck are you doing there? why not go to some 21 century country to get the real taste of 21 century "blessings".

Back
Top Bottom