What's new

Saudi Arabia's growing role in the Maldives

No need to do such thing. Brazil is well-known for its " Bikinis " industry :rofl:
Brazil is known as poor shithole with slutty poor women who wear tiny bikinis and violent favelas everywhere. Sometimes this is how I feel:
vergonha-brasil.jpg

Last edited:
Brazil is known as poor shithole with slutty poor women who wear tiny bikinis and violent favelas everywhere. Sometimes this is how I feel:
vergonha-brasil.jpg

Nah. That isn't true. I lived among Brazilians, I can speak with the authority on that, that the people of Brazil are the coolest of all.

That is part of the stereotype too! kkkkkkk
We have many arab Brazilians and they are well integrated and respected.

Hmmmm. I thought you disliked Arabs.

I like the Brazilian people, there friendly, easy to get along with, and smart.

I would like to visit Brazil once.

Hmmmm. I thought you disliked Arabs.

I like the Brazilian people, there friendly, easy to get along with, and smart.

I would like to visit Brazil once.

i dont know enough arabs to hate you but i have heard of instances of racism in some arab nations. The Arab brazilians are completely different. They are like the rest of us. Sometimes I get emotional and we don't tolerate racism. Well I'm not white and I won't tolerate anyone treatimg me worse because of my brown skin.

We all are equal, black or brown or whatever.

Racism exists everywhere.

i dont know enough arabs to hate you but i have heard of instances of racism in some arab nations. The Arab brazilians are completely different. They are like the rest of us. Sometimes I get emotional and we don't tolerate racism. Well I'm not white and I won't tolerate anyone treatimg me worse because of my brown skin.

Arabs and Semites are Caucasian people but we are not white as your average European. A minority is that. Most are olive skinned or just your average Middle Eastern person. Or as some call it brown. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish certain Arabs from Southern Europeans such as Greeks, Italians, Spaniards, Portuguese. This also makes sense due to the close geographic proximity and thousands of year old ties between that part of the Mediterranean Region and the Middle East and North Africa.

There are about 30-40 million Latin Americans of Arab ancestry. 11 million in Brazil alone. 95% are Christian today and few speak Arabic but they have made a big marker in most Latin societies. Many presidents and prime ministers have been of Arab origin. The world's richest person is an Mexican-Arab. Carlos Slim.

Another famous Mexican-Arab is Salma Hayek. Just the name gives it away.

Another one is Shakira. Shakira means "thankful" in Arabic. Her surname is also Mubarak. Relatively common surname in the Arab world. There are many Arabs in Colombia.

The list is very long.

The famous Brazilian football coach and World Cup Winner (as player and coach) Zagallo is also an Arab-Brazilian.

Many models, singers, military personal etc.

Oh, and we have many Afro-Arabs as well. The racism is exaggerated. Many outsiders can often confuse Arabs with Latinos and vice versa. When I studied in the US for 1 year (California) I got confused for that from time to time.
So no need to worry and don't believe every tabloid newspaper that you read. Arabs have historically not been hesitant to marry outsiders or interact with them rather the opposite.

You might find those links below interesting:

Arabs Making Their Mark in Latin America: Generations of Immigrants in Colombia, Venezuela and Mexico | Al Jadid Magazine

Latin America's Moorish and Arab Influence

Apparently 11 million Brazilian Arabs in Brazil alone.

Arab Brazilian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To make matters more interesting for you as an Portuguese speaker then don't forget that Iberia (Portugal and Spain) was under Arab/Moorish control for nearly 1000 years and 20-25% of all Spanish words are of an Arabic origin and a similar percentage in the Portuguese language.

On another note up to 20.000 Porutguese words are of Arabic origin. Quite a few. Most Portuguese people probably do not have a clue about all this I suspect since it is just a part of their heritage today.

Over 20 000 Arabic words in the Portuguese language… : Muslim in the Midst…

http://www.transeuropeennes.eu/ressources/pdfs/TIM_2011_Arabic_Portuguese_Catarina_BELO_114.pdf

Especially the last link is interesting:

Did you know? Latin America has had 8 presidents of Arab origin | ngc blog

So our people and cultures are more closely related on all fronts than one could believe. Even when it comes to the cuisine.

In general I really like Latin America and Latinos not only for all those reasons but due to them being similar to us in many ways. The laid back attitude, family values etc. In person I have always had a tremendous relationship with every Latino that I have encountered and we often spoke about such issues.
For your information then most Arabs have always supported Brazil in the World Cup or Argentina. Much more than any European national teams.;)

That is part of the stereotype too! kkkkkkk
We have many arab Brazilians and they are well integrated and respected.

Arabs and Semites are Caucasian people but we are not white as your average European. A minority is that. Most are olive skinned or just your average Middle Eastern person. Or as some call it brown. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish certain Arabs from Southern Europeans such as Greeks, Italians, Spaniards, Portuguese. This also makes sense due to the close geographic proximity and thousands of year old ties between that part of the Mediterranean Region and the Middle East and North Africa.

There are about 30-40 million Latin Americans of Arab ancestry. 11 million in Brazil alone. 95% are Christian today and few speak Arabic but they have made a big marker in most Latin societies. Many presidents and prime ministers have been of Arab origin. The world's richest person is an Mexican-Arab. Carlos Slim.

Another famous Mexican-Arab is Salma Hayek. Just the name gives it away.

Another one is Shakira. Shakira means "thankful" in Arabic. Her surname is also Mubarak. Relatively common surname in the Arab world. There are many Arabs in Colombia.

The list is very long.

The famous Brazilian football coach and World Cup Winner (as player and coach) Zagallo is also an Arab-Brazilian.

Many models, singers, military personal etc.

Oh, and we have many Afro-Arabs as well. The racism is exaggerated. Many outsiders can often confuse Arabs with Latinos and vice versa. When I studied in the US for 1 year (California) I got confused for that from time to time.
So no need to worry and don't believe every tabloid newspaper that you read. Arabs have historically not been hesitant to marry outsiders or interact with them rather the opposite.

You might find those links below interesting:

Arabs Making Their Mark in Latin America: Generations of Immigrants in Colombia, Venezuela and Mexico | Al Jadid Magazine

Latin America's Moorish and Arab Influence

Apparently 11 million Brazilian Arabs in Brazil alone.

Arab Brazilian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To make matters more interesting for you as an Portuguese speaker then don't forget that Iberia (Portugal and Spain) was under Arab/Moorish control for nearly 1000 years and 20-25% of all Spanish words are of an Arabic origin and a similar percentage in the Portuguese language.

On another note up to 20.000 Porutguese words are of Arabic origin. Quite a few. Most Portuguese people probably do not have a clue about all this I suspect since it is just a part of their heritage today.

Over 20 000 Arabic words in the Portuguese language… : Muslim in the Midst…

http://www.transeuropeennes.eu/ressources/pdfs/TIM_2011_Arabic_Portuguese_Catarina_BELO_114.pdf

Especially the last link is interesting:

Did you know? Latin America has had 8 presidents of Arab origin | ngc blog

So our people and cultures are more closely related on all fronts than one could believe. Even when it comes to the cuisine.

In general I really like Latin America and Latinos not only for all those reasons but due to them being similar to us in many ways. The laid back attitude, family values etc. In person I have always had a tremendous relationship with every Latino that I have encountered and we often spoke about such issues.
For your information then most Arabs have always supported Brazil in the World Cup or Argentina. Much more than any European national teams.;)

Wow such a long and detailed post. And all I have to say is you cannot support Argentina in the World Cup :angry::angry: That alone would make you an enemy of Brazilians :lol:

Wow such a long and detailed post. And all I have to say is you cannot support Argentina in the World Cup :angry::angry: That alone would make you an enemy of Brazilians :lol:

Well, I hope that you learnt something new. That was my purpose of writing this long and detailed post while using several sources, videos etc.

Maybe I should make a thread about the 40 million or so Arabs of Latin America like others such as @Wholegrain did with Arabs in Sub-Saharan Africa, Central Asia, Caucasus etc.

But since it is PDF there might be trolling. :lol:

I know that already. I am a huge football fan. I do prefer Brazil over Argentina and always have. Argentina has been the most defensive national team of those two historically and often only relied on their main stars (Kempes, Maradona and now Messi) while Brazil was mostly all about joga bonito. I always found Argentina boring.

But my favorite national football team is Spain for familiar reasons and because I am a fan of FC Barcelona and Spanish football overall. As you know FC Barcelona has had a long tradition of having Brazilian football stars. Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and now Neymar. Many more as well.

France is second btw. All outside of KSA of course.

Where are you from in Brazil and what local and international team do you support if I may ask?:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom