al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
By Beatrice Thomas
Thursday, 3 October 2013 11:12 AM

saudi+arabian+airlines.JPG

Saudi Arabian Airlines is set to purchase 35 new aircraft as part of a strategic plan to strengthen its domestic and international fleet, it was reported.

“We have received 68 of the 90 new aircraft, which we had ordered from Airbus and Boeing and are planning to buy 35 more,” the airline’s director-general Khaled Al Molhem, was quoted as saying in the Arab News.

It comes after the cabinet urged the national carrier to increase its domestic flights and improve services to passengers.

According to the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA), there was a 19 percent increase in passengers travelling between Saudi cities.

However, reports have suggested the Saudi travel market faces a shortage of two million seats.

Saudia purchased 90 new aircraft, including Airbus and Boeing to modernise its fleet.

“We are the only airline in the region that has allocated 65 percent of its flights to meet domestic requirements,” Al Molhem told the Arab News.

“Last year we transported more than 2m passengers on 170,000 flights. We operate about 500 flights and transport nearly 70,000 passengers daily.”

Al Molhem said it had already privatised the Catering, Cargo, Ground Services and the Saudia Aerospace Engineering Industries following a plan set by the Supreme Economic Council.

“The 30 percent IPO of the Catering Company was subscribed by Saudis in a record time,” he was quoted as saying.

Al Molhem said Saudia carried out one of the largest programs to train and qualify its workers. It intended on turning the Prince Sultan Aviation Academy in Jeddah into one of the leading aviation training centers in the world.

Saudi carrier to buy 35 new aircraft - Transport - ArabianBusiness.com

-->
<title>Saudi Airlines > Welcome to Saudi Arabian Airlines

Saudia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't trust Arabian pilots....:rofl:

Had a bad experience the last time on Jordanian air lines. :cheesy:

But I was a kid then so I got over it and probably didn't care. :)

Today I get anxiety attacks....:D JK I'm a lion....:partay:

no A380 YET ? why why why ?:taz::taz::taz:

Emirates has 90 of them, more than any other commercial airline, and we consider them as our own as everything else that is Emirati, LOL.

:taz:

Anyway only 10 airlines have them. British Ariways first got their first one in September last year.

Even Qatar Airways will have 10 of them this very year.

We can't have little brothers beating us.

Last edited:
Emirates has 90 of them, more than any other commercial airline, and we consider them as our own as everything else Emirati, LOL.

:taz:

Anyway only 10 airlines have them. British Ariways first got their first in September last year.

Even Qatar Airways will have 10 of them this very year.

We can't have little brothers beating us.
since day one i ma mad on saudi abut this BS . :disagree: they have to book 10 ASAP :cry:

Saudia carries 1m more passengers in 2013

By Courtney Trenwith Friday,
10 January 2014 10:38 AM

(Photo for illustrative purposes only)

Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) increased its passenger traffic by almost 1m last year, reaching a record total of 25m, the airline’s director general has revealed.

The additional 913,264 passengers amounted to an increase of 3.75 percent compared to 2012, and the most in the airline’s 70-year history, Saudia’s Khaled Al Molhem told Saudi Gazette.

The airline carried more than 14.7m passengers domestically, an increase of 516,579 or 3.64 percent from the previous year.

The remaining 10.5m passengers travelled on international flights, an increase of 396,685 or 3.91 percent.

Al Molhem said the national carrier, which is undergoing a privatisation process, was developing a long-term strategy to boost seat capacity to meet the increased domestic demand from about 28m residents.

Domestic air travel in the kingdom has soared in recent years amid rising population and wealth but the two operating airlines, as well as the 27 airports, have struggled to keep up.

Al Molhem said Saudia would receive 71 new aircraft in the near future, allowing it to make additional trips to Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam and Madinah.
Last year, the airline add 6095 flights to its schedule to a record 177,435 domestic and international flights, compared to 171,341 in 2012.
More than 115,000 of those flights were domestic.

The airline also managed to improve its on-time performance, with more than 90 percent of flights running to schedule, a 1.61 percent increase from the previous year.
Al Molhem said the airline had upgraded its operating systems and procedures, and its upgraded services at various locations and on board its aircraft.

This year is expected to bring further growth with the launch of three direct flights a week to Los Angeles from Jeddah and Riyadh at the beginning of March.

Saudia carries 1m more passengers in 2013 - Transport - ArabianBusiness.com

By Courtney Trenwith Friday,
10 January 2014 10:38 AM

(Photo for illustrative purposes only)
Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) increased its passenger traffic by almost 1m last year, reaching a record total of 25m, the airline’s director general has revealed.

The additional 913,264 passengers amounted to an increase of 3.75 percent compared to 2012, and the most in the airline’s 70-year history, Saudia’s Khaled Al Molhem told Saudi Gazette.

The airline carried more than 14.7m passengers domestically, an increase of 516,579 or 3.64 percent from the previous year.

The remaining 10.5m passengers travelled on international flights, an increase of 396,685 or 3.91 percent.

Al Molhem said the national carrier, which is undergoing a privatisation process, was developing a long-term strategy to boost seat capacity to meet the increased domestic demand from about 28m residents.

Domestic air travel in the kingdom has soared in recent years amid rising population and wealth but the two operating airlines, as well as the 27 airports, have struggled to keep up.

Al Molhem said Saudia would receive 71 new aircraft in the near future, allowing it to make additional trips to Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam and Madinah.
Last year, the airline add 6095 flights to its schedule to a record 177,435 domestic and international flights, compared to 171,341 in 2012.
More than 115,000 of those flights were domestic.

The airline also managed to improve its on-time performance, with more than 90 percent of flights running to schedule, a 1.61 percent increase from the previous year.
Al Molhem said the airline had upgraded its operating systems and procedures, and its upgraded services at various locations and on board its aircraft.

This year is expected to bring further growth with the launch of three direct flights a week to Los Angeles from Jeddah and Riyadh at the beginning of March.

Saudia carries 1m more passengers in 2013 - Transport - ArabianBusiness.com

Brother good to see that you are very active in PDF and hope to post more about our brothern country SA.:cheers:

Brother good to see that you are very active in PDF and hope to post more about our brothern country SA.:cheers:

It is only my pleasure. After all this is the ME section so KSA has a big place here. I know that there is the Arab Defense section but one can only post military related news there.:cheers:

I still laugh when I think about your comment from yesterday about those 5000 years.:lol:

It is only my pleasure. After all this is the ME section so KSA has a big place here. I know that there is the Arab Defense section but one can only post military related news there.:cheers:

I still laugh when I think about your comment from yesterday about those 5000 years.:lol:

Brother i am also in middle east and currently in Muscat, Oman

I believe that a few years ago, an order to purchase 45 Boeings 707 were placed, as well as sealing another deal with the Airbus as well.

This has got to be a new order I guess.

Probably to replace the shitty Embraer jets.

But I loled at the "65% domestic flight" allocation.

If we ever get a good railway system going, Saudi Airlines is going bankrupt.

Probably to replace the shitty Embraer jets.

But I loled at the "65% domestic flight" allocation.

If we ever get a good railway system going, Saudi Airlines is going bankrupt.

No, they will not. 11 million passengers on international flights should tell you this.

Besides it is not like the air traffic will cease to exist just because of the new railway systems, metros etc. Saudia is a airline that is growing not decreasing. They will still attract passengers domestically and if they don't they will lower their prize to do so.

If everything is done rightly then Saudia has a potential to rival Emirates and other big airlines of the region.

25 million flights a year is not a small amount by any means. In the top 30 of the world if I recall.

Of course a long way to United Airlines etc. but that was never the aim!

Last edited:
Its a good step that Saudi Arabia orders A380. It is simply the best airplane in the world. But i would also add A350 into the fleet, since thats where the market is heading.

Back
Top Bottom