What's new

Saudi Arabian Airlines is set to buy 35 new aircraft

Wow...I didn't know that ! :)

Good Luck with that, akhi ! :cheers:

I was actually joking.

But that's something that has always interested me. I am open for it but it is a very demanding field and I would need to relocated to the US again and pursue studies there. Not sure I want to study for an eternity to be honest with you. Chemical engineering is good as it is. I also thought about petroleum engineering which is close to chemical engineering.

Anyway I have a few business ideas that I want to put into life in the next few years. You know Arabs and their business genes. Something we share with our Yahudi cousins. We need to develop something similar to Zionism. The alternatives are not working as good.:lol:

Buttstrong, you were from Kashmir originally right? I recently were in one of the many local Arab shops here in Copenhagen and I wanted to try some new spices (non-Arab) and I bought something called "Kashmiri Basar Mix" of "Supreme quality" supposedly.

It looks good. I assume that you make good Kebabs as well at least the other Pakistanis do that!

I was actually joking.

But that's something that has always interested me. I am open for it but it is a very demanding field and I would need to relocated to the US again and pursue studies there. Not sure I want to study for an eternity to be honest with you. Chemical engineering is good as it is. I also thought about petroleum engineering which is close to chemical engineering.

Anyway I have a few business ideas that I want to put into life in the next few years. You know Arabs and their business genes. Something we share with our Yahudi cousins. We need to develop something similar to Zionism. The alternatives are not working as good.:lol:

Buttstrong, you were from Kashmir originally right? I recently were in one of the many local Arab shops here in Copenhagen and I wanted to try some new spices (non-Arab) and I bought something called "Kashmiri Basar Mix" of "Supreme quality" supposedly.

It looks good. I assume that you make good Kebabs as well at least the other Pakistanis do that!

What the heck is that ? :what:

I'm not originally from Kashmir; I'm an ethnic Kashmiri & its my ancestral homeland !

However culturally & linguistically I'm not a Kashmiri because my Grandpa's Dad came from Kashmir & settled in areas that later became Pakistan & when that happened the rest of the family - the relatives, the friends, the acquaintances - at least the ones who weren't massacred along the way, came to Pakistan !

So I am in a way like an Arab living in America or a Turk living in Germany except a little less culturally & linguistically changed then most of those guys !

What the heck is that ? :what:

I'm not originally from Kashmir; I'm an ethnic Kashmiri & its my ancestral homeland !

However culturally & linguistically I'm not a Kashmiri because my Grandpa's Dad came from Kashmir & settled in areas that later became Pakistan & when that happened the rest of the family - the relatives, the friends, the acquaintances - at least the ones who weren't massacred along the way, came to Pakistan !

So I am in a way like an Arab living in America or a Turk living in Germany except a little less culturally & linguistically changed then most of those guys !

Will post a photo of it later so you can see it. I could not find it on the World Wide Web. But it is getting dark here so the quality will be bad.

Well, then you are also originally from Kashmir if you are a ethnic Kashmiri unless you are mixed of course?:o:o_O

So where did your family settle in Pakistan? The Punjabi area I assume or did you relocate and joined your Pashtun brothers in Waziristan?:azn:

Ah. Well, I consider those people Arabs and Turks anyway. I am sure they do that themselves anyway deep down inside. At least most of the "natives" do that here in Europe even despite the propaganda of not calling them second generation immigrants and what not.:omghaha: There is not a day where the media is not mentioning this somehow.

Maybe in 10 generations they will be accepted fully by all. Who knows?

Last edited:
Will post a photo of it later so you can see it. I could not find it on the World Wide Web. But it is getting dark here so the quality will be bad.

Well, then you are also originally from Kashmir if you are a ethnic Kashmiri unless you are mixed of course?:o:o_O

So where did your family settle in Pakistan? The Punjabi area I assume or did you relocate and joined your Pashtun brothers in Waziristan?:azn:

In the Punjab like most other Kashmiris ! :)

Yes I'm originally from there but because I consider myself a Pakistani - first, second & last, as Our Father commanded us in '48 - I don't give into the whole 'Ancestral Homeland' or other such Ethno-Linguistic Bull Sh*t ! :agree:

Plus the Punjab is as pluralistic as they get & yes I'm mixed too - Mum's an ethnic Punjabi - if there be such a thing; because Punjabi isn't really an ethnic or racial identification at all....it means the Inhabitant of the Land of the 5 Rivers !

Punj being '5' & Ab being 'Water' !

Heck Punjab is so pluralistic that the non ethnic Punjabis who inhabit Punjab are more than the population of most GCC & European countries ! :omghaha:

And the largest party in power in the Punjab & the rest of Pakistan is full of ethnic Kashmiris ! :lol:

Plus we - Kashmiris - despite being less than 3% of the population of Pakistan are more than 9% in the Army - Thats who well integrated we are in Pakistan ! :smokin:

In the Punjab like most other Kashmiris ! :)

Yes I'm originally from there but because I consider myself a Pakistani - first, second & last, as Our Father commanded us in '48 - I don't give into the whole 'Ancestral Homeland' or other such Ethno-Linguistic Bull Sh*t ! :agree:

Plus the Punjab is as pluralistic as they get & yes I'm mixed too - Mum's an ethnic Punjabi - if there be such a thing; because Punjabi isn't really an ethnic or racial identification at all....it means the Inhabitant of the Land of the 5 Rivers !

Punj being '5' & Ab being 'Water' !

Heck Punjab is so pluralistic that the non ethnic Punjabis who inhabit Punjab are more than the population of most GCC & European countries ! :omghaha:

And the largest party in power in the Punjab & the rest of Pakistan is full of ethnic Kashmiris ! :lol:

Plus we - Kashmiris - despite being less than 3% of the population of Pakistan are more than 9% in the Army - Thats who well integrated we are in Pakistan ! :smokin:

I am mixed too so know how you feel.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you speak Kashmiri btw? Or just Punjabi and Urdu?

I just used those Kashmiri species and they were great!

I am mixed too so know how you feel.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you speak Kashmiri btw? Or just Punjabi and Urdu?

I just used those Kashmiri species and they were great!

I'm not mixed ! :mad:

Well technically I'm mixed breed.....a half blood price if you will unless you haven't read Harry Potter which means you wouldn't get the joke ! :(

But we live in a patriarchal world - I am what my father is & what his father before him was - a Kashmiri ! :smokin:

No I don't speak Koshur (the language of that part of Kashmir where we descend from) !

Only a fairly small fraction of Kashmiri in Punjab can speak Koshur or any of the other languages native to Kashmir & thats because :

(a) Kashmiris themselves were never ethno-linguistic nationalists....at all !

In fact one can even accuse them of being so un-nationalistic in an ethnic or linguistic sense that at times they even come across as being indifferent to all of that ethnic or linguistic nonsense !

(b) We never really needed a reason to cling to our ethnic identities because the native people of Punjab were & are very....very hospitable - I've never ever....ever been differentiated here in the Punjab let alone discriminated so that sense of being a minority isn't there !

Thats why Kashmiris inter-married & adopted the local customs & traditions & languages because the people of Punjab were so loving & open & compared to the rest of Pakistan - they still are....markedly so !

@burning_phoneix

Turns out that I was right until now at least. I rarely fail you know.:)

2 million chose to fly Saudia in February
1394381669463385400.jpg

JEDDAH: ARAB NEWS

Published — Monday 10 March 2014

Last update 10 March 2014 4:37 am

Saudi Arabian Airlines has reported an overall increase in its operational rates, number of passengers, number of flights and the rate of on-time flights for February 2014.
Saudia’s report on its operational performance for February stated that the national carrier had transported 2,203,680 passengers, which is an increase of 14 percent during the same month last year.
Of these, there were 1,092,331 domestic flight passengers which is 54 percent of the total and an increase of 10 percent during the same month in 2013, while international flights carried 1,005,308 passengers, an increase of 18.61 percent over last year.
The report said that the number of scheduled and additional flights stood at 14,601 flights, an increase of 927 flights from February of last year.
The number of on-time flights for the month was 90.51 percent of the total, of which 68.63 percent were regular domestic flights, which stood at 9,167 flights.
The on-time rate for domestic flights during the month was 95.04 percent, while the rest was the share of scheduled international flights, which stood at 4,204 flights, an increase of 10 percent during the same month in 2013.
Abdullah Al-Ajhar, assistant executive director of Saudi Arabian Airlines, said that the continuous increase in the number of passengers on domestic flights since the start of 2014, compared with 2013, reflects the growth of air traffic and the increase of in-Kingdom flights on short and medium haul trips.
“We have increased the seating capacity on our aircraft and the number of flights. We are helped in this regard by the new fleet, of which we have received 73 aircraft so far out of the 90 aircraft ordered from Airbus and Boeing,” he said.

2 million chose to fly Saudia in February | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

New KSA airline orders 26 aircraft worth $2bn

SaudiGulf_web.jpg

MANAMA: SIRAJ WAHAB

Published — Friday 17 January 2014

Last update 17 January 2014 2:24 am

Saudi Gulf Airlines, a newly launched national carrier, has purchased 16 new CS300 jetliner aircraft with an option for an additional 10, worth $1.99 billion (SR7.46 billion).
The manufacturer, Canada's Bombardier Aerospace company, announced the deal at the Bahrain International Air Show on Thursday.
It said that the Dammam-based Al-Qahtani Aviation Company signed a firm purchase agreement for the 16 aircraft. Hadi Abdullah Al-Qahtani & Sons Group of Companies owns the Al-Qahtani Aviation Company and Saudi Gulf Airlines.
Based on the list price of the aircraft, the purchase order for the 16 aircraft is about $1.21 billion (SR4.49 billion). Exercising all 10 options would increase the contract to $1.99 billion (SR7.46 billion), the company stated.
“This is an exciting time for the aviation industry, particularly when you consider that more than 54 million passengers moved through Saudi Arabia’s 27 airports last year alone," said Sheikh Tariq Al-Qahtani, chairman of Saudi Gulf Airlines. “We are very excited about the CSeries aircraft’s suitability for this market and the long-term success it will bring to the region.
“With its clean-sheet design, modern technologies and competitive costs, the CSeries aircraft will give us the opportunity to introduce a new, quality, premium airline and an economically sustainable business model in Saudi Arabia, serving the domestic market, the Gulf and Middle East. Saudi Gulf’s CSeries aircraft will offer wide and comfortable, leather seats, and in-flight entertainment in first-class and economy-class seats,” said Al-Qahtani.
“We have been noting for a while that the CSeries aircraft attracted progressive airlines that are keen on opening new markets and operations,” said Mike Arcamone, president of Bombardier Commercial Aircraft. “We are thrilled that Saudi Gulf Airlines, based in the largest Arab economy – and one with an underserved air travel market – will base the core of its business plan on the CSeries aircraft.”
“In addition to supporting Saudi Gulf Airlines in the region, the CS300 aircraft will allow for growth into new markets such as the Indian subcontinent and parts of Europe, as the airline seeks to expand its network and give passengers the latest in cabin comfort,” said Arcamone.
The new Saudi Gulf Airlines will operate domestic and international services from different airports in the Kingdom. The international route network will focus on main capitals in the Middle East and the Gulf as well as the Indian subcontinent.
Speaking to reporters at the air show, Samer Majali, president of the Abdul Hadi Al-Qahtani Group, said delivery of the CS300 jets, which seat between 130 and 160 passengers, is expected between the end of 2015 and the start of 2016.
The new airline would start operating later this year or next year, Majali told reporters at the airshow. He said the $2 billion referred to is the list price for the planes and options.
The group is ready to buy or lease six other planes until the CSeries jets are delivered, he said.
“Saudi Gulf will be launched once we have the technical license from the civil aviation authority,” said Majali, a former chief executive of Bahrain’s national carrier Gulf Air.

New KSA airline orders 26 aircraft worth $2bn | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Saudia carries 14 million passengers in six months

1405453075808844100.jpg

Abdul Aziz Al-Hazmi

JEDDAH: P.K. ABDUL GHAFOUR | ARAB NEWS STAFF

Published — Wednesday 16 July 2014

Last update 16 July 2014 1:51 am

Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) carried more than 14 million passengers on 94,000 flights during the first six months of this year, Acting Director General Abdul Aziz Al-Hazmi said on Tuesday. “During the same period we have achieved an on-time performance of 90.06 percent,” he said.
There was 11 percent increase in the number of passengers carried during the reporting period as it rose from 12,677,839 to 14,082,198. The number of flights operated by the airline during the period jumped by 8 percent from 87,389 to 94,069, he said.
Speaking about half yearly performance in the domestic sector, Al-Hazmi said Saudia carried 7.84 million passengers between the Kingdom’s cities against 7.41 million during the same period in 2013. It operated 59,404 domestic flights during the first half with an on-time performance of 90.83 percent.
Al-Hazmi highlighted the remarkable progress achieved by the domestic sector where the number of passengers grew by 5.8 percent and number of flights four percent compared to last year. “This reflects the success of our operation strategy, increasing flights between the major cities of Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Madinah and Abha,” he said.
Saudia has increased the number of its flights during the ongoing summer season to meet the needs of passengers and redistributed flights to different Saudi cities. “The domestic sector accounted for 67.89 percent of flights and 55.71 percent of passengers during the first half of 2014,” he pointed out.
On the international sector, Saudia carried 6.23 million passengers during the first half against 5.26 million during the same period in 2013, with an increase of 18.46 percent or 971,786 passengers. They were carried on 28,098 flights compared to 25,024 flights with an increase of 12 percent.
Al-Hazmi commended Saudia executives and employees for their hard work. “The remarkable increase in flights and passengers also came as a result of good planning, reducing the number of vacant seats. We have also increased the numbers of domestic and international flights,” he said.
He also underscored the success of the airline’s summer plan, adding that during the past month it carried a large number of passengers due to the peak Umrah season in Ramadan. “We have deployed senior executives at all major stations to supervise operations in the summer season.”
The airline has established special counters at all stations to take care of waitlisted passengers and met all requirements of operations, maintenance, catering, ground services and inflight services, he said.
“This good half yearly performance will have a positive impact on operations in the summer season, which continues until the end of August,” Al-Hazmi said. The arrival of new aircraft from Boeing and Airbus has played a big role in strengthening Saudia’s operations. The national flag carrier has received 74 of 90 state-of-the-art aircraft it had ordered from Airbus and Boeing.

Saudia carries 14 million passengers in six months | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Tariq al-Ali Jr. aka @burning_phoneix where are you hiding now?:D

Saudia carries 14 million passengers in six months

1405453075808844100.jpg

Abdul Aziz Al-Hazmi

JEDDAH: P.K. ABDUL GHAFOUR | ARAB NEWS STAFF

Published — Wednesday 16 July 2014

Last update 16 July 2014 1:51 am

Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) carried more than 14 million passengers on 94,000 flights during the first six months of this year, Acting Director General Abdul Aziz Al-Hazmi said on Tuesday. “During the same period we have achieved an on-time performance of 90.06 percent,” he said.
There was 11 percent increase in the number of passengers carried during the reporting period as it rose from 12,677,839 to 14,082,198. The number of flights operated by the airline during the period jumped by 8 percent from 87,389 to 94,069, he said.
Speaking about half yearly performance in the domestic sector, Al-Hazmi said Saudia carried 7.84 million passengers between the Kingdom’s cities against 7.41 million during the same period in 2013. It operated 59,404 domestic flights during the first half with an on-time performance of 90.83 percent.
Al-Hazmi highlighted the remarkable progress achieved by the domestic sector where the number of passengers grew by 5.8 percent and number of flights four percent compared to last year. “This reflects the success of our operation strategy, increasing flights between the major cities of Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam, Madinah and Abha,” he said.
Saudia has increased the number of its flights during the ongoing summer season to meet the needs of passengers and redistributed flights to different Saudi cities. “The domestic sector accounted for 67.89 percent of flights and 55.71 percent of passengers during the first half of 2014,” he pointed out.
On the international sector, Saudia carried 6.23 million passengers during the first half against 5.26 million during the same period in 2013, with an increase of 18.46 percent or 971,786 passengers. They were carried on 28,098 flights compared to 25,024 flights with an increase of 12 percent.
Al-Hazmi commended Saudia executives and employees for their hard work. “The remarkable increase in flights and passengers also came as a result of good planning, reducing the number of vacant seats. We have also increased the numbers of domestic and international flights,” he said.
He also underscored the success of the airline’s summer plan, adding that during the past month it carried a large number of passengers due to the peak Umrah season in Ramadan. “We have deployed senior executives at all major stations to supervise operations in the summer season.”
The airline has established special counters at all stations to take care of waitlisted passengers and met all requirements of operations, maintenance, catering, ground services and inflight services, he said.
“This good half yearly performance will have a positive impact on operations in the summer season, which continues until the end of August,” Al-Hazmi said. The arrival of new aircraft from Boeing and Airbus has played a big role in strengthening Saudia’s operations. The national flag carrier has received 74 of 90 state-of-the-art aircraft it had ordered from Airbus and Boeing.

Saudia carries 14 million passengers in six months | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Tariq al-Ali Jr. aka @burning_phoneix where are you hiding now?:D

Is it true that non muslims get bullied from Saudia? i mean like taking away cross from christians and so on. Thats a no go and a main reason why this airline is practical unknown in the western world.

Back
Top Bottom