What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

The same exception that gave us the E-3 AWACS, the F-15Cs and F-15E. The Patriot Pac 3 and Thad. And the Alreigh-Burke class Destroyers preliminary acceptance.
Are you really buying these destroyers ?

NO!!!! And NO again!!! These items are not negotiable and have never been - no nation other than the US uses either system, even though the AC-130 has been requested before (sales have always been declined). No nation other than the US will use the AC-130 or the B-1B. The US doesn't sell strategic assets, this isn't negotiable - it never has been, we don't sell strategic assets, let alone nuclear capable heavy-bombers like the B-1B. Our closest allies are told they are SOL when they inquire about our strategic assets, how could a lower tier ally like Saudi Arabia be sold such a thing? Oh, and so long as the US and Israel are friendly, the US is never, ever going to offer or sell Saudi Arabia strategic weapons like the B-1B.

End of story, this is a fantasy that is not going to happen. Why do you think the US would make an exception for S.A. when no exception has been made for anyone else?
im assuming you know nothing about politics. id like to add to what @Mosamania said
1. saudi is a different type of ally
2. saudi buies those equipment not like israel where taxpayers pay the cost. example the last contract was 67 billion dollars if im not mistaken thats the largest single contract in US history to a foreign country and there were other contracts after it and still others in the future. so unlike israel saudi creates hundreds of thousands of jobs in the US through those MEGA deals.
3. if saudi went to war and didnt have the capability to secure not only the country but also oil production and waterways id say oil price would jump to 500-800 dollars a barrel depending on how bad and long the war is. so that means world economy will stop and you won't be able to buy even a bottle of ketchup or soy sauce. plus 1.7 billion muslims around the world would be very very worried and concerned and no one wants to see that. but if israel went to war life goes on.
you understand the difference now ?
and i dont think anyone in the american government would want saudi to turn to china like it did with the DF-3 DF-21 missiles. and americans said that this was huge mistake for not selling the saudis the missiles. why ? cuz first they lost the money. second they lost the ability to work closely with saudi strategic missile force and at least have an eye there according to them.
so there is no such thing as NOOOOOOO in politics buddy lol
as for the AC-130.. US worked with jordan to produce a mini version of it that suit their needs and financial capabilities so i dont see what is so special or secret about the AC-130.
in the end america took a lesson from the past 2 decades and they came to the conclusion that its way better especially economically to have strong well equipped allies. thats why they are selling us very advanced weaponry. not only the US even other countries.

Saudi Arabia could join the programm JF17,here's the prince Salmane when he visited the line in Pakistan
@RescueRanger @Horus The relations between Pk and SA are good,why not ? :D

jnQdewS.jpg

F4YA88S.jpg

r32idlS.jpg

-------------------------

7613911kjgofdg5.jpg

5171562dlkgods.jpg

2736853lgkosg5.jpg

6394945kdjgsid.jpg

6008076jsidg5.jpg

THAAD, PAC-3, the Burke's, F-15s and the rest of what you added have been approved for sales and where intended right from the start to be export items. Those items weren't exeptions, that was normal business. This:

View attachment 187166

Will never and has never been up for export. Again, the US doesn't sell strategic assets, let lone nuclear capable heavy bombers. No national has had an exception made for them.

@gambit - can you knock some sense into these people. As @Rakan.SA - there are items that will always be off limits. You say I don't understand politics... Neither do you if you think these deals would happen. Also, your knowledge of US arms export laws is lax.
how about you take some xanax and relax... its not like im the official spokesman of the saudi ministry of defence.. what i said it would be very usful if the saudi government got them.
as for politics there is no such thing as NO. it a rule. today you might be my enemy tomorrow you might be my best friend. like i said the DF-3 DF-21 is an example.
i might understand not selling the B-1B but the AC-130 could be sold very easily.

Saudi Arabia could join the programm JF17,here's the prince Salmane when he visited the line in Pakistan
@RescueRanger @Horus The relations between Pk and SA are good,why not ? :D

jnQdewS.jpg

F4YA88S.jpg

r32idlS.jpg

-------------------------

7613911kjgofdg5.jpg

5171562dlkgods.jpg

2736853lgkosg5.jpg

6394945kdjgsid.jpg

6008076jsidg5.jpg
saudi should have joined pakistan and china on this project. and maybe after 6 or 10 years from now build a stealthy version of the plane

@SvenSvensonov that plane was built for jordan.. now you wanna tell me if saudi wanted something more capable it cant ?! where is your brains ?
" your knowledge of US arms export laws is lax " :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
you really dont know how things work in your own country man. try to read about CIA history and arms deals. and how saudi was a major player on those deals.
btw where are you from ? you're not american are you ? i mean originally

you are not getting my point... anyway its always a lobbying thing so therefore it could be sold
and what i meant about the CIA is that they didnt abide by the US arms export laws in the past. so my point was when big deals happen between US and Saudi its not like when its done with germany and other european countries.

guys i was reading an article and the last paragraph was interesting. is saudi really interested in buying and building a modified JF-17 locally ?

"As a matter of policy we will add anything to the aircraft that will increase its potential, and even consider a Western engine if the customer so desires. We have spoken to suppliers about this, to Rolls-Royce. So if a customer decides we can do it, we can integrate a new engine. It will take a bit of time, but it can be done."

This is believed to be a reference to an EJ200-powered JF-17 targeted at Saudi Arabia, which in early 2014 discussed possible co-production and financing.

JF-17 Presses On After News of Egypt's Plans

@al-Hasani @Mosamania

F-15SA parts that are marked in yellow will be manufactures in saudi. as i understood its called F-15SR in the contract.
thats a lot of parts manufactured in one country if you compare it with the eurofighter.
ma shaa allah.. allahuma zeed wa barek

B8grLC-CYAAyU-8.jpg_large.jpeg

EJ-200 powered JF-17 will give engine commonality with Saudi Euofighters, therefore providing shared maintenance, reduced costs, low maintenance which would translate into battle readiness. If KSA goes for Thunders, their version would be the most advanced with all bells and whistles. It would be like having 75 high end Typhoons complemented by an X number of thunders. It will also allow RSAF to save hours on its EFs and Eagles by allowing its pilots to punish Thunders during training. PAF is planning the same vis-a-vis our F-16s. If RSAF chooses Vixen series of AESA upgrade for Typhoons that radar is also compatible with Thunders.

EJ-200 powered JF-17 will give engine commonality with Saudi Euofighters, therefore providing shared maintenance, reduced costs, low maintenance which would translate into battle readiness. If KSA goes for Thunders, their version would be the most advanced with all bells and whistles. It would be like having 75 high end Typhoons complemented by an X number of thunders. It will also allow RSAF to save hours on its EFs and Eagles by allowing its pilots to punish Thunders during training. PAF is planning the same vis-a-vis our F-16s. If RSAF chooses Vixen series of AESA upgrade for Typhoons that radar is also compatible with Thunders.

Do you believe there's much potential for the evolution of this platform, specifically, and the indigenous Pakistani combat aircraft industry, generally, if Saudi were to throw money behind it?

Do you believe there's much potential for the evolution of this platform, specifically, and the indigenous Pakistani combat aircraft industry, generally, if Saudi were to throw money behind it?

Look at the original Gripen and Gripen NG.

Quoting Air Marshal Shahid Latif, one of the visionaries of this program. "This aircraft was designed with inbuilt potential for growth''.

Now, lets imagine you want to hang a European or American radar, engine, avionics or weapons from the open market. This jet gives you the option to do that with nothing held back from Pakistan's end. You can't do that level of cross pollination with your existing platforms. You can integrate, test an operationalise your home made systems and weapons...no fuss involved. Then you'll have interoperability with ~ 300 PAF jets...we can go to war together and fight as a team.

Last edited:
@al-Hasani @Rakan.SA

In 2012,Saudi Arabia ordered 73 Aravis,and 191 were in option.
Any pic of them there ?

Aravis

aravis_6.jpg

the current generation of armoured vehicles can no longer cope with the increasing threat of ieds, mines and more powerful kinetic projectiles. that’s why nexter created aravis®, a highly protected vehicle that uses nexter’s safepro® armour technology to provide soldiers with the highest level of protection.

• UNRIVALLED OVERALL SURVIVABILITY
  • safepro® is the core solution for the new family of aravis® multipurpose heavily protected vehicles. the aravis® family also offers the best of proven mobility solution and the operational advantages of versatility by design
  • crew citadel with spall liner
  • anti-blast doors
  • modular appliqué armour with anti-blast device
  • anti-fragment windows
  • v-shape anti-mine plate
  • mine blast absorption modules
  • LEVEL 4 BALLISTIC PROTECTION
  • defeats 14.5 hmg attacks (stanag 4569)
  • LEVEL 4 MINE PROTECTION
  • defeats 10 kg mine attacks under the belly and wheels (stanag 4569)
  • LEVEL 4 ARTILLERY ATTACKS PROTECTION
  • defeats 155mm burst all around (stanag 4569)
  • IED PROTECTION
  • tested 50 kg tnt @ 5 m without doors malfunction

• REMARKABLE MISSION PERFORMANCE
  • outstanding off road-mobility (unimog chassis, run flat device and central tire inflation system)
  • air transportability by c130, c17
  • up to 7 troops
  • crew comfort (large internal volume, low noise and vibration levels, air conditioning, user friendly)
  • situation awareness (battle management system, 360° direct and video field of view)
  • VERSATILITY AND MODULARITY
  • armour modular design
  • field command post reconfiguration kit
  • field medical evacuation reconfiguration kit
  • remote-controlled station up to 20 mm
  • SUSTAINABILITY AND RELIABILITY
  • off-the-shelf unimog chassis supported by mercedes-benz worldwide logistic network
aravis® – whatever the mission, we keep your soldiers safe – nexter

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom