What's new

Saudi Arabia Wants to Buy 72 Rafale Multirole Fighter

Don't worry for Israel, like it modified hundreds if not thousands of fixes into it's fleet of F15 and F16 and integrate Israeli systems aboard, F35 I(Israel version) will be no different.
As for F15SE, Israel will most like purchase some modified version with israeli systems, since there's no replacement for old F15 air superiority aircraft (F22 is unable and too pricey aniwai) for Israel
i know israel prefers its own tech over americain tech, you buy the se variant lad.

It doesnt make sense when they have the Eurofighter Typhoon.
thats saudi's for you

he french are profiting from war and are against iran very agressivley. during the nuclaer deal the french were the most harsh. do you think the eygptians, the qataris brought them for fun. yes...... why the hell did eygpt buy a frigate. and their responce was to protect the suez canal. is captain jack sparrow gonna hijack a cargo ship with the blackperl!!
the rafale does have a sight advantage when it comes to air to surface engagements. but ifthat were the case then why didnt the saudis go for the rafale instead of the typhoon in the first place? point being the saudis are returning the french a favour.

we did that and it back fired, france will be no differant, just wait. people think david cameron is weak by not taking a more proactive role, but what theydont know is that he is playing it safe and in the end it will pay of in the long run. sure he be suplying weapons to the saudis but its more than weapons the saudis are after.

sounds about right, from top notch fighters to a piece of junk with wings and a pretty dress.
the f15 se is better than the f35 anyday of the week. israel should go for that.
proactive role?
That's laughable...with diminishing clout in EU and NATO
with new heavy weights like Germany!!
UK can't afford or simply can't take a proactive role singly in today's geopolitics....at best it can side with US in common issues bothering them!!
David Cameron is very much aware of it!!
It's isn't about UK not taking a proactive role...it simply can't afford to!

I think Saudis are yet to understand the. Gravity of low oil prices
At current rate , the House of Saud is loosing 84 Billion USD a year in forex reserves
At this rate, their forex reserves will go down to the level of Pakistan by yr 2024

@alarabi @Gasoline @Full Moon @Frosty @Taygibay
-
French «Intelligence online» in the article «Riyad veut appater Paris avec un contrat Rafale», with reference to its sources reported that Defense Minister of Saudi Arabia and the Deputy Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman appealed to Paris with the request in the coming weeks to submit a proposal for the supply of fighter aircraft Dassault Rafale.

Saudi Arabia wants to buy 72 Rafale Multirole Fighter. The Dassault Rafale is French twin-engine, canard delta wing, multirole fighter aircraft designed and built by Dassault Aviation.

France is anticipating an additional pair of export orders for its Rafale fighter, with Malaysia and the United Arab Emirates reportedly the most likely candidates. Reuters also reported Thursday that negotiations between India and France are now also discussing the possible supply of additional Rafales on top of the 36 ordered in April. Malaysia is looking to replace its MiG-29 Fulcrums, with the UAE recently restarting negotiations for the Rafale as it looks to swap out its fleet of Mirage 2000-9 fighters. The Gulf state has previously articulated a potential buy of sixty Rafales.

Saudi Arabia Wants to Buy 72 Rafale Multirole Fighter | Defence blog

Saudia should atleast gift few rafales to Pakistan on Eid

good news for Pakistanis..so finally, your air force pilots are going to get their hands on Rafale! 10 years down the line PAF might have an option to buy all of those birds from cash starved Saudi kings and princes!

I'm taking this one with a pinch of salt. The Saudis already have a formidable air force and belong in the top tier. There is no need to opt for Rafale and complicate logistical and maintenance problems.

I agree, i don't believe in this news at all to be honest. Saudi Arabia has already committed itself to buy 72 typhoons from Britain and they have already received the majority of them, plus there were reports the Saudis will be ordering about 30 more on op of the 72 BAE sold them. So going for another similar fighter is highly unlikely.

why is it to want to recieve things as gifts? dont you feel a bit embarrased that your country is asking for thing for free. hypothetically. have you not been told you should work for somthing not beg for it.

Calm down. Don't equate an entire country with one person. Just because someone says something on this forum doesn't mean that he/she represents the official stance of his/her country. Pakistan isn't asking anything for free. Pakistan will however benefit from the exposure it will get by exercising and even flying the planes. You be rest assured about that.

why is it to want to recieve things as gifts? dont you feel a bit embarrased that your country is asking for thing for free. hypothetically. have you not been told you should work for somthing not beg for it.

Sorry only few people understand that, Nothing in life comes "Free".

McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle U.S. Strike fighter
SA : 84 on order
S: 70 (70 S variant to be upgraded to SA standard)

McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle
U.S. Fighter
C 70
D 16

Eurofighter Typhoon U.K. Multirole fighter
T.2 48
T.3A 24
Total 72 on order, all to be manufactured by BAE Warton facility. A further 72 may be up
Panavia Tornado IDS U.K. Ground attack
80 Being upgraded at a cost of $4.66 billion.

Royal Saudi Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only logical slot for Rafales would be the 'further 72' Typhoon not happening.
Why would RSAF do that?
a) Typhoon not living up to expectation
b) Typhoon too costly
c) Bargaining chip, to help drive down the cost of the additional purchase of Typhoons
d) Some other (non-military) reason e.g. to please France.

McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle U.S. Strike fighter
SA : 84 on order
S: 70 (70 S variant to be upgraded to SA standard)

McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle
U.S. Fighter
C 70
D 16

Eurofighter Typhoon U.K. Multirole fighter
T.2 48
T.3A 24
Total 72 on order, all to be manufactured by BAE Warton facility. A further 72 may be up
Panavia Tornado IDS U.K. Ground attack
80 Being upgraded at a cost of $4.66 billion.

Royal Saudi Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only logical slot for Rafales would be the 'further 72' Typhoon not happening.
Why would RSAF do that?
a) Typhoon not living up to expectation
b) Typhoon too costly
c) Bargaining chip, to help drive down the cost of the additional purchase of Typhoons
d) Some other (non-military) reason e.g. to please France.
the 72 optional were not happening a while ago when they order 84 f15-sa and upgrade kits for the "s" variant they already have.
i have not been told by my sources of such a deal, my guess..... its a hoax

Makes you wonder if KSA military acquisition department just go

Person A: "I fancy that one"...

Person B: "Sure lets get it"

...and then they go play golf in the desert for the rest of the day or something.

I mean they have hardware from pretty much every major defence producer with little overall attention to logistics and inter-operability.

Its like hedging to the extreme.

Back
Top Bottom