What's new

Saudi Arabia wants to buy 600-800 Leopard tanks from Germany

I know...I know do you think I didn't read that ! :D Yeah I like Barca too but my heart's set on Liverpool eik din Anfield ka Hajj karnee zaroor jaoon ga ! :rofl:

its not that far from me. but you have to go past Man U and city and Everton to get there. lol. One day visit me and we will go. In UK after Leeds lol. I quite like Arsenel more cos of their a manager who I think is a class act. Anyways have a good one guys Im off to chill out

Galatasaray

ultraslan_107859.jpg

But you fought to keep it as apart of jordan not palestine But I will give you props you did better then Syria and Lebanon under british command and the most modern units.

The Jordanian forces were probably the best trained of all combatants. Other combatant forces lacked the ability to make strategic decisions and tactical maneuvers,[76] as evidenced by positioning the fourth regiment at Latrun, which was abandoned by other combatants before the arrival of the Jordanian forces. In the later stages of the war, Latrun proved to be of extreme importance, and a decisive factor for Jerusalem's fate.

1948 Arab

Don't you think saving the largest part of Palestine is more than enough for the tiny Jordan?!

BlackEagle yaar ! Why didn't Jordan and Saudi Arabia enter into a JV to upgrade your respective M60 A3s to Phoenix and above standard ? Perhaps even bring on board the Turks with their own upgrade program of their M60s with the help of the Israelis !

Mate, this is the gist of our argument ! No one is making a sales pitch here for the Al-Khalids or the Altays we're just saying - We've got the potential, we clearly have the need, we do have convergent interests (the Saudis, the Turks and the Jordanians have a large number of M60s in their inventory) and we've got the capital too ! Why then do we not utilize out god given potentials and work with each other ?

The Jordanian forces were probably the best trained of all combatants. Other combatant forces lacked the ability to make strategic decisions and tactical maneuvers,[76] as evidenced by positioning the fourth regiment at Latrun, which was abandoned by other combatants before the arrival of the Jordanian forces. In the later stages of the war, Latrun proved to be of extreme importance, and a decisive factor for Jerusalem's fate.

1948 Arab

They were with British commanding as well you did better then the Israeli's at that time.

Bro I think Turkey and Pakistan may have done some work on cruise missile together I think I read somewhere it made me so happy to hear

Guys please can we stop fighting on this thread there is no need for it

The Armor on the Turkish Altay is of Pakistani Origin. Pakistani Engineers provided the Turks the armor technology back in 06 when there were rumors of a Pak-Turk JV in Al-Khalid II project.

"A few months prior to IDEAS 2006, the Pakistan Army and Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) announced the development of the Al Khalid II Main Battle Tank (MBT). The Al Khalid II is poised to become the Pakistan Army's backbone main battle tank from 2012; thus replacing 1200 obsolete Chinese T-59 and 300 T-85IIAP. Not much is known about this tank, but it is reported that the Al Khalid II is a very extensive upgrade of the current Al Khalid. Other reports suggest that it will be an entirely new tank that is based on Western designs. Turkish press reported that a Pakistani armor firm will participate in the Turkey's new generation tank project. Turkey and Pakistan have signed many memorandums of understanding in various defence-related fields. Given that many Pakistani firms have signed joint agreements with Western firms, it is possible that a considerable part of the Al Khalid II's design will be influenced from the Turkish tank design. Nonetheless, the new generation tank is expected to form the backbone of the Pakistan Army's tank force; in the long-term"

EDIT:

Also this:

:Undersecretariat for Defense industries website announced that Pakistan will join Turkish MBT project to develop state of the art Turkish Battle Tank.

After Otokar, FNSS, MKEK, ASELSAN and HAVELSAN, the Pakistani firm producing the Al Khalid MBT will transfer the technological support for the production of advanced passive armor.

The Al Khalid, known for it's unique feature of automatic target tracking system used by the Tank is from the French MBT Leclerc. No other tanks have this feature. I also know that about 100 delegation large, Turkish engineers, politicians and businessmen traveled to Pakistan to discuss about defensive cooperation.

It is clear that Turkey would develop it's MBT with Pakistani assistance."

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...im-mbt-2000-information-pool.html#post2077418

Mosamania and BlackEagle whats your opinion right on the kurdish problem ? the kurds want land from Syria, Iraq, Turkey and Iran and right now the next civil war in Iraq could between the kurds and arabs do to the oil rich regions and autonomy the kurds right now have a better trained military then Iraq.

Look I'm trying to have a decent discussion with you, right now no arab country can fight israel or the usa because you also lack one thing arabs had in the past a superpower backing you with equipment the closet thing I see to this is Russia and China but no arab country has a very close relationship with them except syria.
Not a single country in the world can fight the USA in a conventional war, Russia and China possibly but any other country, in conventional war no way.

Mosamania and BlackEagle whats your opinion right on the kurdish problem ? the kurds want land from Syria, Iraq, Turkey and Iran and right now the next civil war in Iraq could between the kurds and arabs do to the oil rich regions and autonomy the kurds right now have a better trained military then Iraq.

Where the foOk did the Kurds come from ? :blink:

Where the foOk did the Kurds come from ? :blink:

the mountain turks in the middle east ? you know turkey has been at war with them for a while, they got 1/4 of their dream in iraq with Iraqi kurdistan but they want the whole kurdistan with syria going in flames likely syrian kurdistan this will embloden the kurds for iranian and turkish kurdistan they also have guerilla movements pkk and pjak and the kurds-iraq problem is getting worse due to oil the kurds have their own army and iraq army isn't a match for them.

the mountain turks in the middle east ? you know turkey has been at war with them for a while, they got 1/4 of their dream in iraq with Iraqi kurdistan but they want the whole kurdistan with syria going in flames likely syrian kurdistan this will embloden the kurds for iranian and turkish kurdistan they also have guerilla movements pkk and pjak and the kurds-iraq problem is getting worse due to oil the kurds have their own army and iraq army isn't a match for them.
I think he actually meant "where the fook did the topic of kurds come from?"

BlackEagle yaar ! Why didn't Jordan and Saudi Arabia enter into a JV to upgrade your respective M60 A3s to Phoenix and above standard ? Perhaps even bring on board the Turks with their own upgrade program of their M60s with the help of the Israelis !

Mate, this is the gist of our argument ! No one is making a sales pitch here for the Al-Khalids or the Altays we're just saying - We've got the potential, we clearly have the need, we do have convergent interests (the Saudis, the Turks and the Jordanians have a large number of M60s in their inventory) and we've got the capital too ! Why then do we not utilize out god given potentials and work with each other ?
There were plans to upgrade Saudi M-60 tank arsenal with Jordanian upgrade, bet nothing has taken place. I don't know why actually. KSA has long been solely interested in airforce and ignored acquiring neither upgrading her existing tanks. I heard they are going through moderation process in KSA. For Pak, there were allot of joint exercises between Pakistan and Jordan, but don't know about joint manufacturing projects. Anyway, Pakistani tanks are close to eastern tanks while Jordanian ones are western. They are different.

It is funny watching you lot whine about why "No co-operation" between Pakistan or turkey. Well Al-Tay is heavily derived from the Leopard 2s. We want the Leopards because they have the best tech in the world right now. We are also not signing a single defense deal since 2006 without ToT.

The rule is simple "If we can't make it after buying it we don't want it". From the Typhoon to the leopard we are following this policy. Sure it will be all nice and rosy for Muslim countries to work together and be like a peach however this doesn't work in the real world. The Land Forces strategic command has a certain set of requirements that even the modern M1A2 didn't pass and had to be upgraded to M1A2S standards to hopefully meet some of them.

We need something that works in all of KSA environments from our rigid extremely mountainous regions of the west amd south to our vast burning deserts of east. We need something that will link up to our military satellites. We need something that can stop more than 1200mm AT shells. We need something that puts crew safety to the highest of standards. We need something that is in the class of heavy battle tanks of 55+ tonnage. We need something that is able to cross our big country is short notice. We need something that can go for a long distance without refueling. Even the T-90 was so heavily tested until it's engine broke down. And above all else we need something with ToT and full spare parts production license.

The Leopard 2s fits our requirements like a glove. It has been our choice for some time now that a factory was built on the Leopard2 specifications already. Helping Muslim brothers is so good and all but requirements on the battlefield to ensure a victory over invaders or the likes iand the safety of our soldiers and people is even more important.

Back
Top Bottom