What's new

Saudi Arabia wants to buy 600-800 Leopard tanks from Germany

Russian tanks are inferior to western tanks in everything. Protection, crew safety, mobility, servivablity, gun fire power and range electronics and almost every thing.

Yes right now correct But I was comparing the western and Soviet tanks of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's the best tank russia has is a T-90 which is an upgraded T-72.

About the subject, im not sure abt this coz we hear abt the leopard buying since the eighties. But it will add a considerable punch to the saudi land forces, able to repel any iranian iraki attack.

well have you ever considered the only country they ever gonna these tanks against is UAE , by the way our attack if happen would not be through the land it would be an Amphibious attack .and Iraq attack with what ? attacking another country is not Intifada that they use stone.

I'm and simply giving the truth now Iraq poor military saddam had 3000-3500 T-72's downgrade and they were all destroyed, same with both Syria and Egypt against the wars with Israel.

Ok OK I'm african-Mongol fair ?

They were without even night/day vision equipment, they weren't downgraded but rather old. Iraq followed Soviet military school that is in favor of quantity over quality which miserably failed many times. Anyway, I think taking Iraq as a model of arms inferiority/superiority is a mistake, military balance between coalition and Iraq was absolutely in favor of the coalition.

Russian tanks are inferior to western tanks in everything. Protection, crew safety, mobility, servivablity, gun fire power and range electronics and almost every thing.

What thats not true ! The Russkies were the first ones to use 'ERAs' on their Tanks ! Because the T-72s were smaller and consequently less heavier than their NATO counterparts they had a very good weight to power ratio and hence a fairly good mobility ! The Russian Drozd Active Protection System was the world's first (I think) in this area and its successor the Arena and the Shotra 1 are pretty good too ! Additionally the Nakidka RAM camouflage is pretty good too ! In terms of firepower the Russian tanks use the same 125mm with just about the same rounds ! I think maybe in terms of electronics the West might have an edge but I'm sure the Russians are pretty well set in other areas ! What do you think ?

It uses the same transmission as lecrec,1200hp engine,hunter killer,UAV connectivity,Sat navigation system,anti tank laser guided missiles like modified Kombat and red sparrow,has catherine,sagem etc FCS,72/KMPH speed,Fires DU,HEAT,HE APSFDS ETC ....And even on specs its far more superior to the russian T-90...so if a T-90 is good enough our AK is probably a few times better!

So i say again read tht thread before making foolish statements!

T-90 is a diff topic, Since you said the Al Khalid has many of the features the leclerc has the UAE an Arab Country uses the Leclerc why haven't they they bought the Al Khalid which has the same features as you say and would help a fellow muslim brother country out ?

Yes right now correct But I was comparing the western and Soviet tanks of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's the best tank russia has is a T-90 which is an upgraded T-72.

Even 70s Soviet tanks didn't reach the western ones. Soviets exaggerated their real capabilities.

They were without even night/day vision equipment, they weren't downgraded but rather old. Iraq followed Soviet military school that is in favor of quantity over quality which miserably failed many times. Anyway, I think taking Iraq as a model of arms inferiority/superiority is a mistake, military balance between coalition and Iraq was absolutely in favor of the coalition.

Wrong both Egypt and Syria had night vision equipment, no the arabs were given monkey weaponry by the USSR because they didn't trust the more decent and advanced models would fall in western hands, Iraqi military lost much of it's decent equipment against the war with iran so they had to gotten downgraded T-72's which were only to last a couple of months, the soviets had quality weaponry they saved it for themselves = Iraq lost due to a combination of downgraded weapons and poor training.

Even 70s Soviet tanks didn't reach the western ones. Soviets exaggerated their real capabilities.

The Models the Soviets kept for themselves were the best even par with western tanks those shared with the warsaw pact, again it comes right back down to downgraded old T-72's vs brand new Abrams, Challengers used in the liberation of Kuwait. the iraqi's even dug holes and used put their tanks inside and waited because they were so poor trained.

LOL@ Pakistani members trying to desperately market the Al-Khalid to the Arab on this thread. :lol::no:

Desert Fox Finally a voice of reason.

Wrong both Egypt and Syria had night vision equipment, no the arabs were given monkey weaponry by the USSR because they didn't trust the more decent and advanced models would fall in western hands, Iraqi military lost much of it's decent equipment against the war with iran so they had to gotten downgraded T-72's which were only to last a couple of months, the soviets had quality weaponry they saved it for themselves = Iraq lost due to a combination of downgraded weapons and poor training.

Almost most Soviet arms in foreign countries are export versions not only Iraqis. Soviet night vision equipment were not as good as the western ones. So, they got hit before they even saw the enemy.

LOL@ Pakistani members trying to desperately market the Al-Khalid to the Arab on this thread. :lol::no:

:woot:

google-slap-site-pro-ppc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom