What's new

Saudi Arabia wants CPEC’s extension to Red Sea, Africa

CPEC will have a negative impact on South East Asia because it will divert majority of the trade attention concentrated there. Countries like Singapore and Brunei heavily rely on trade and have gotten rich because their countries lie in a strategic position perfect to be the 'middle man' of the Global-Chinese international trade.
I really doubt that. CPEC can be beneficial or harmless to ASEAN. Pakistan can use CPEC to get membership of ASEAN. Major trading partners of Singapore are Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Japan, S. Korea and Philippines and then gulf for oil but we get most of oil from Malaysia and it makes no sense that this trade will be routed through CPEC while we already have the direct and shortest trade links with great agreements and pacts i.e. ASEAN etc. But what I foresee is that CPEC trade would rather increase the trade between East Asia, South Asia, Middle East and Central Asia.
I hope you will realise the back-handed and uneducated nature of your comment will not further the cause of your country.

Ship takes stuff from Gwadar to Riyadh via Sea or Jeddah

Then by road the goods travel to North Saudia , where Saudia is preparing a new "Bridge" land bridge to connect directly to Egypt i.e Africa entry port

http://time.com/4286571/saudi-arabia-egypt-bridge-red-sea/

gettyimages-519602606.jpg

Short distance from Gwadar to Riyadh - Egypt by land
View attachment 302493

Since Kingdom produces cheap gasoline /petrol

The trucks transporting goods would be quite cheap

@Bilad al-Haramayn
i don't think this route is economically possible...
Gawader-Oman-UAE-KSA-Egypt. route is more possible

I really doubt that. CPEC can be beneficial or harmless to ASEAN. Pakistan can use CPEC to get membership of ASEAN. Major trading partners of Singapore are Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, India, Japan, S. Korea and Philippines and then gulf for oil but we get most of oil from Malaysia and it makes no sense that this trade will be routed through CPEC while we already have the direct and shortest trade links with great agreements and pacts i.e. ASEAN etc. But what I foresee is that CPEC trade would rather increase the trade between East Asia, South Asia, Middle East and Central Asia.
I hope you will realise the back-handed and uneducated nature of your comment will not further the cause of your country.
what He really mean is the transit fee, which Singapore earning from chinese ships etc..

upload_2016-4-27_22-30-16.png

I have worked on some numbers ,Challenge remains connectivity of Pak and Oman in open sea as it will be more than 500 Km bridge in open sea but worth a short .It can connect all Imagine from Pak one can travel to Saudia on Car in 1and 1/2 day

ISLAMABAD: Saudi Arabian Minister for Economic Planning Engineer Adil Al Faqih on Monday said that his country was keen to work with Pakistan and China and desired that the mega project of China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) should be extended to the Red Sea and Africa.

After ruining the saudi labour market..then health ministry..and now planning ministry..he wants to try his bad luck in CPEC..I tell Pakistan to stay miles away from this man...

Ship takes stuff from Gwadar to Riyadh via Sea or Jeddah

Then by road the goods travel to North Saudia , where Saudia is preparing a new "Bridge" land bridge to connect directly to Egypt i.e Africa entry port

http://time.com/4286571/saudi-arabia-egypt-bridge-red-sea/

@Bilad al-Haramayn

Riyadh only has dry port..goods from Pakistan - Gwadar can reach the nearest port of Dammam in 2 Days sail time..by small ferries the sail time is only 17-20 Hours.

Short distance from Gwadar to Riyadh - Egypt by land
This route it wrong, the route will be through Jeddah if this route is used... Going through Iranian waters is not something the Arabs would like

Pakistan minister gives details of 'Economic Corridor'

• file-26-1461688979574939200.JPG

Pakistani Minister of Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal, Pakistan Ambassador Manzoor Ul Haq and Abdul Malik Mujahid, chief of Darussalam Publications, are seen attending PPF forum in Riyadh. (AN photo by Ghaffar Ahmed Khan)
GHAZANFAR ALI KHAN

Published — Wednesday 27 April 2016

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia and Pakistan have reaffirmed strong bilateral relations as Pakistani Minister of Planning, Development and Reforms Ahsan Iqbal met his Saudi counterpart Adel Fakeih, minister of economy and planning, here Monday.
Iqbal, who was in Riyadh to attend the conference on the late Prince Saud Al-Faisal, foreign minister, also lauded the services of Prince Saud as a foreign minister.
The visiting minister attended a seminar on entrepreneurship development organized by the Pakistani Professional Forum (PPF) here Sunday.
The seminar, attended by Pakistani Ambassador Manzoor Ul Haq, was also addressed by Abdul Malik Mujahid, chief of the Darussalam publications and a senior Islamic scholar, besides senior office bearers of the PPF.
Referring to his meetings with senior Saudi officials, he said that he explained the details of the Pakistan China Economic Corridor. “We hope that in next 10 to 15 years, the PCEC will integrate south Asia, China, and Central Asia into one large economic market of three billion people,” said the minister, adding that the opportunities for business and investment abound because of this multibillion dollar project.
Asked about the need to uplift the people of Pakistan, who are below poverty line, he said Pakistan’s economy in the last three years has been in consistent upward trajectory. A report titled "Clustered Deprivation," prepared by the Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI) with the financial and technical assistance of United Nation Development Program (UNDP) says that a large chunk of population lives below poverty line.
The SDPI measures poverty on the basis of five dimensions — education, health, water supply and sanitation, household assets/amenities and satisfaction to service delivery.
Further, a person taking less than 2,350 calories per day and earning less than $1.25 per day according to the United Nations standard has also been regarded as living below the poverty threshold. But, Iqbal clarified that the Pakistan government has defined new parameters of poverty, raising the benchmark further.
“This is the reason that a huge section of population has fallen into the poverty line category, but their overall conditions have largely improved,” he added.
Referring to the deplorable condition of Muslims, especially in the field of education, Iqbal said: “There is an urgent need to embrace knowledge today.”
Muslim researchers’ names are hardly found in global scientific journals, the minister said, adding that the Pakistan government has asked the Higher Education Commission (HEC) to devise a Strategic Framework-2025 for higher education to make it compatible with the worldwide evolving trends.
“The fast changing developments and technology are redefining the paradigm in higher education and Pakistan needs to catch up with the changing paradigm through a new vision for higher education,” said the Pakistani minister.
He noted that this strategic framework would provide guidelines for implementation of five years plan and other short-term plans in higher education.

This route it wrong, the route will be through Jeddah if this route is used... Going through Iranian waters is not something the Arabs would like

Nope..thats exactly what the 5th Naval Fleet in Bahrain is for...to guard free sea faring rights for Arabs...

Nope..thats exactly what the 5th Naval Fleet in Bahrain is for...to guard free sea faring rights for Arabs...
Jeddah is the heart of Saudi and most movement of port goods happens there...

what He really mean is the transit fee, which Singapore earning from chinese ships etc..
Let's see in the right perspective, China is not shutting down Shanghai port for CPEC, in fact the latter is only for the western and central parts of China only. Thus China trade with Spore will not be affected but rather it will reduce a bit of load on our ports. Below are route maps
Shanghai to Singapore port (2691 nautical miles)
Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 22.50.02.png

While Gwader to Singapore is (3514 nautical miles)
Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 22.55.01.png

Challenge remains connectivity of Pak and Oman in open sea as it will be more than 500 Km bridge in open sea but worth a short .It can connect all Imagine from Pak one can travel to Saudia on Car in 1and 1/2 day

500 km bridge? Marvelous thought, that would create a true engineering marvel of the world, if it ever came to fruition. Couple it with a long tunnel across the Hindu Kush, and it would be a Silk Road for the future.

View attachment 302509

I have worked on some numbers ,Challenge remains connectivity of Pak and Oman in open sea as it will be more than 500 Km bridge in open sea but worth a short .It can connect all Imagine from Pak one can travel to Saudia on Car in 1and 1/2 day

bridge will not be feasible that long due to various reasons, but under ground tunnel is possible although its difficult task, but UK have built it.

800px-The_cat_ferry.jpg
The route through
1) Pakistan (Gawadar) - Oman (Muscat) - Yemen (Aden - Djibouti) \ (Al Hudaydah / Al Luhayya - Eritrea Tio )

2) Pakistan - Oman - Yemen - Saudia (Jazan - Eritrea \ Jeddah - Sudan)

2) Pakistan - Iran - UAE - Saudia

3) Pakistan - UAE - Saudia

These routes are possible by train and fast ships like the CAT .

500 km bridge? Marvelous thought, that would create a true engineering marvel of the world, if it ever came to fruition. Couple it with a long tunnel across the Hindu Kush, and it would be a Silk Road for the future.

The route through
1) Pakistan (Gawadar) - Oman (Muscat) - Yemen (Aden - Djibouti) \ (Al Hudaydah / Al Luhayya - Eritrea Tio )

2) Pakistan - Oman - Yemen - Saudia (Jazan - Eritrea \ Jeddah - Sudan)

2) Pakistan - Iran - UAE - Saudia

3) Pakistan - UAE - Saudia

@Kaptaan Sir, conceptually, this seems like an awesome idea!

I pray Saudia and Iran both joins CPEC........That will be awesome, just awesone
As far as I know, both the countries are adversaries and have a long history. But may be economics can change that. However Iran itself is developing a port with the help of India (Pakistan's main adversary) so Iran may not be very keen on becoming part of CPEC according to my simplified analysis. While KSA and other gulf countries are not very fond of Iran so they will naturally like to divert their trade via CPEC, Pakistan (with which they have historically good relations) and KSA's statement is totally inline with that. I guess Pakistan will decide in the best interest of the nation and keep the old friends and much bigger trading potential alive instead of including a country that at times have been much less friendly.

Back
Top Bottom