What's new

Saudi Arabia, UAE and French Total company steal 63% of Yemeni oil

Kamil_baku

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
War-Torn Yemen Restarts Oil Exports

Despite a worsening humanitarian crisis in Yemen amid a war between the Houthi rebels and a coalition between Saudi Arabia and the UAE, the poorest Arab country has found a way to restart oil production and has even exported the first cargo: 500,000 barrels from a field in the southern Shabwa province bound for a Chinese company, The National reports.

This is the first outbound shipment of crude oil from Yemen since 2015 when a civil war broke out and quickly escalated into an international conflict. It was offered in an open tender, in which 35 companies from around the world took part, the Yemeni ministry of oil and minerals said in a statement.

Now there are plans to restart the rest of the oil fields in Shabwa and neighboring provinces, the secretary to the oil and minerals minister told The Emirati daily. The provinces are under the control of the elected government that the Houthis are fighting, as a result of the intervention of the Saudi and Emirati forces.

The Houthis have accused Saudi Arabia of stealing more than half of the country’s oil production in collaboration with French Total—a company that has been present in Yemen since before the war.

“Saudi Arabia has set up an oil base in collaboration with the French Total company in the Southern parts of Kharkhir region near the Saudi border province of Najran and is exploiting oil from the wells in the region," Yemeni economic expert Mohammad Abdolrahman Sharafeddin told Fars News Agency of Iran last March. "Sixty-three percent of Yemen's crude production is being stolen by Saudi Arabia in cooperation with Mansour Hadi, the fugitive Yemeni president, and his mercenaries.”

Meanwhile, the Houthis have offered a two-week ceasefire for the Red Sea to the Arab coalition, which, they said, could be extended and expanded if it is received favorably by the Saudis and the Emiratis.

War-Torn Yemen Restarts Oil Exports

Despite a worsening humanitarian crisis in Yemen amid a war between the Houthi rebels and a coalition between Saudi Arabia and the UAE, the poorest Arab country has found a way to restart oil production and has even exported the first cargo: 500,000 barrels from a field in the southern Shabwa province bound for a Chinese company, The National reports.

This is the first outbound shipment of crude oil from Yemen since 2015 when a civil war broke out and quickly escalated into an international conflict. It was offered in an open tender, in which 35 companies from around the world took part, the Yemeni ministry of oil and minerals said in a statement.

Now there are plans to restart the rest of the oil fields in Shabwa and neighboring provinces, the secretary to the oil and minerals minister told The Emirati daily. The provinces are under the control of the elected government that the Houthis are fighting, as a result of the intervention of the Saudi and Emirati forces.

The Houthis have accused Saudi Arabia of stealing more than half of the country’s oil production in collaboration with French Total—a company that has been present in Yemen since before the war.

“Saudi Arabia has set up an oil base in collaboration with the French Total company in the Southern parts of Kharkhir region near the Saudi border province of Najran and is exploiting oil from the wells in the region," Yemeni economic expert Mohammad Abdolrahman Sharafeddin told Fars News Agency of Iran last March. "Sixty-three percent of Yemen's crude production is being stolen by Saudi Arabia in cooperation with Mansour Hadi, the fugitive Yemeni president, and his mercenaries.”

Meanwhile, the Houthis have offered a two-week ceasefire for the Red Sea to the Arab coalition, which, they said, could be extended and expanded if it is received favorably by the Saudis and the Emiratis.
There is always a story behind the scene , which hardly uncovered. This issue been addressed many times. But, big media houses hardly gave any coverage.

When people say Yemen is a poorest Arab country I laugh at it lol. Because Yemen is the resource richest Arab country. It has the most amount of natural resources in the whole Arab world.

Since Pakistan is in the Saudia camp, Pakistan also gets a part of this heist.

Since Pakistan is in the Saudia camp, Pakistan also gets a part of this heist.

Its called in Turkish proverb, those who go to the hell, looking for a buddy to bring with..
why to add Pakistan where they declined to be part of it knowing Sadi and UAE capabilities..

Its called in Turkish proverb, those who go to the hell, looking for a buddy to bring with..
why to add Pakistan where they declined to be part of it knowing Sadi and UAE capabilities..

You do know that Pakistani General Raheel Sharif is leading the Islamic Military Alliance to Fight Terrorism (IMAFT) forces against Yemen.

I'm not defending what Saudi Arabia does in Yemen, but I get it that you open this thread as part of an effort against the Saudi regime, on behalf of Turkey/Turkish interests which you stand for. The same Turkey does its fair share of stealing whenever the opportunity presents itself, be it land, oil/gas deals by bypassing other nations constitutions or using sheer force to steal anything that is at grabs when the counterpart is at disadvantage (mostly due to previous and ongoing wars in Turkey's case).

That means your worry is not about theft, it's selected. Theft is good if it serves your purpose, otherwise it's bad.

I'm not defending what Saudi Arabia does in Yemen, but I get it that you open this thread as part of an effort against the Saudi regime, on behalf of Turkey/Turkish interests which you stand for. The same Turkey does its fair share of stealing whenever the opportunity presents itself, be it land, oil/gas deals by bypassing other nations constitutions or using sheer force to steal anything that is at grabs when the counterpart is at disadvantage (mostly due to previous and ongoing wars in Turkey's case).

That means your worry is not about theft, it's selected. Theft is good if it serves your purpose, otherwise it's bad.
I just remember you were telling Russia will occupy Idlib, Turkey is nobody... what happened? hard to find you in that conversation since... When you jump in against Turks, Turks will never forget those and will come back to bite for sure.. revenge is part of us..

Do you even know what you are talking about?

seems like trolls get buthurt when trues come up... You find it ok for Saudi and little UAE to do this to Yemen?

I just remember you were telling Russia will occupy Idlib, Turkey is nobody.

Every Chinese knows Damascus. No Chinese knows Idlib. Are you seriously comparing Idlib to Damascus? Russia got the coast, the big cities like Damascus, Aleppo, Homs, Hama. Idlib is only a dumping ground.

I just remember you were telling Russia will occupy Idlib, Turkey is nobody... what happened? hard to find you in that conversation since... When you jump in against Turks, Turks will never forget those and will come back to bite for sure.. revenge is part of us..

Do you even know what you are talking about?

seems like trolls get buthurt when trues come up... You find it ok for Saudi and little UAE to do this to Yemen?

I said Syria should liberate Idlib, you call that occupy? it's their country. It's easy to liberate it, if the SAA can't do it there's Iran and the PMU to supply so many experienced forces the opposition would crumble lol.

So you're gonna bit me like a dog good to know that.

As I said in the first part of my post, I don't agree with the war. You don't even read. As for Yemen, sultan Tayyip was supportive of that initially if you take your mind back to 2015.

Wonder why Yemani attacking on Jazan oil field .

I said Syria should liberate Idlib, you call that occupy? it's their country. It's easy to liberate it, if the SAA can't do it there's Iran and the PMU to supply so many experienced forces the opposition would crumble lol.

So you're gonna bit me like a dog good to know that.

As I said in the first part of my post, I don't agree with the war. You don't even read. As for Yemen, sultan Tayyip was supportive of that initially if you take your mind back to 2015.
Erdogan was always against Yemen, as Yemen and Qatar stands very special place in Turkish mind as those two were only in gulf against Wahabi attacks against Ottoman and waited for Ottoman until the last moment...
Didnt you find interesting that after several Saudi ships got missile attack and all navy couldnt come close to Hodeida, Saudis gave 2 projects to Turkish companies for 1 billion$ within last week and now Saudis started to export from there again... im not saying this is true, but i am saying that hitting Turkish vessel there was a mistake from Saudi point and they got respond.. They dont understand that Turkey will never change its route with dictate policy, its like Trump telling Turkey to free pastore in tweet and TV and really expect it happen... i would say he mix
Turks with Gulf Arabs for sure..

Actually, first problem with Saudis started when Yemen war started. The same they had with Pakistan.. as we didnt join it..

I say it clearly here as i said about Idlib, Saudis will never get whole Yemen win, as Turkey will not let it happen.. for us, we cannot forget good things as Pakistan helped during bad time and so on... It is time to pay back.. it will never ever happen.. As you can see, recently ever Turkey and Qatar started to help south side against UAE forces.. more will come.. Gulf as USA cannot calculate emotional things because of narcotic usage..

Idlib will not happen too, because it means 4 million refugee in Turkey and all Erdogan's voters go against him.. so everybody, even Russia understand that Turkey will not let it happen..

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom