What's new

Saudi Arabia to supply urea on $100million on credit

BATMAN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan. Sabic ensures supply of 78,500 tons of urea — BlackSeaGrain - All information on agriculture and food industry

Saudi Arabia Basic Industry Corporation (Sabic) has ensured supply of 78,500 tons urea during March 2012 on account of $100 million credit facility of Saudi Fund for Development.

Sources in urea sector told Business Recorder on Monday that with federal government efforts to import urea on deferred payment/credit, Sabic was committed to supplying urea against $100 million credit facility of Saudi Fund for Development.

However, due to already finalised foreign deals with international buyers, it was not possible for Sabic to supply complete quantity of urea on urgent basis and in the first phase Sabic supplied 85,000 tons of urea through Trading Corporation of Pakistan (TCP).

Following the directives of federal government, TCP is importing about 1.2 million tons of urea including approximately 200,000 tons from Sabic to fill supply and demand gap in the domestic market.

Sources said under the urea import operation, the state run grain trader has completed 85 percent of import, through urea from international suppliers as well as partial supply from Sabic.

Under the urea import arrangement, federal government also planned to import about 200,000 tons of urea against $100 million credit facility of Saudi Fund for Development and besides this, about 45-50 percent of credit facility has already been consumed through import of 85,000 tons of urea in January this year, they added.

In the recent development, Sabic has ensured further supply of over 78,000 tons of urea against remaining credit limit.

"Sabic has committed to supply a quantity of 78,500 to Pakistan, which will arrive in the last week of March, while remaining quantity of some 37,000 tons will be supplied during second quarter of current calendar year," they said.

According to Sabic shipment scheduled, sent to TCP, two consignments will reach Pakistan by the end of this month and one in the first week of next month.

First ship carrying approximately 25,000 tons of urea will reach Pakistan on March 25, 2012 and second between March 28-30 with a consignment of about 25,500 tons, sources said.

The TCP is importing urea under the directives of the Economic Co-ordination Committee (ECC) of the Cabinet to meet farmers' needs of Rabi crop.

As per past practice, the onward transportation and distribution of urea to farmers is to be handled by M/s.

National Fertilizer Marketing Limited (NFML).

In addition, urea prices are on surge in the international market due to rising demand and less production.

The prices range between $450 per ton to $470 per ton.

This year govt. of Pakistan has closed the fertilizer companies in Pakistan upon US request.

Saudi Arabia came forward to neutralize the effect,,, other wise next year Pakistanis may have to face famine.

By looking at the yesterday debate I thought Saudis are bad people. Kudos to them. Friend in need is a friend indeed.

I think Saudi Arabia is the most friendly nation to Pakistan, I have observed they helped them the most in any kind of disaster. Few people carry very myopic view of saudis. International relationships are not zero sum game.

However, due to already finalised foreign deals with international buyers, it was not possible for Sabic to supply complete quantity of urea on urgent basis and in the first phase Sabic supplied 85,000 tons of urea through Trading Corporation of Pakistan (TCP).

Following the directives of federal government, TCP is importing about 1.2 million tons of urea including approximately 200,000 tons from Sabic to fill supply and demand gap in the domestic market.

Sometimes I feel like hitting my head against the wall, government is leaving no stone upturned to destroy the economy of this country.

Pakistan has an installed urea production capacity of 6.9 million tons against 6.3 million tons demand. We do have issues with production of urea due to gas shortage and other minor issue but that does not mean we stop producing it completely, half of the demand can easily be met if situation is handled smartly..

BTW has Pakistan assured ones, who requested Pakistan to stop its urea production, that the urea imported from KSA will not be used by terrorists?

Anyway, Thanks KSA, you guys have always supported us.

I think Saudi Arabia is the most friendly nation to Pakistan, I have observed they helped them the most in any kind of disaster. Few people carry very myopic view of saudis. International relationships are not zero sum game.

It is very easy to guess who those people are and why they do what they do.

Sometimes I feel like hitting my head against the wall, government is leaving no stone upturned to destroy the economy of this country.

Pakistan has an installed urea production capacity of 6.9 million tons against 6.3 million tons demand. We do have issues with production of urea due to gas shortage and other minor issue but that does not mean we stop producing it completely, half of the demand can easily be met if situation is handled smartly..

BTW has Pakistan assured ones, who requested Pakistan to stop its urea production, that the urea imported from KSA will not be used by terrorists?

Anyway, Thanks KSA, you guys have always supported us.

I fully agree.

Pakistan's top priority should be local production in all areas.

Import only helps the industry of supplier state.

This year Pakistan's fertilizer production was sabotaged by blocking gas and electricity.

Pakistan WILL rise again brothers. And we will stick by Pakistan through think and thin for there are no two closer countries on earth as close as KSA is to Pakistan. Right now US is spilling the Afghanistan war to Pakistan on purpose probably to "Secure the Nukes" as they say. The same thing the US wanted to spill the Iraqi war into KSA to "Secure the Oil". But we will stand at the ready against them and their evil designs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pakistan. Sabic ensures supply of 78,500 tons of urea — BlackSeaGrain - All information on agriculture and food industry

This year govt. of Pakistan has closed the fertilizer companies in Pakistan upon US request.

Saudi Arabia came forward to neutralize the effect,,, other wise next year Pakistanis may have to face famine.

Wow..great going in submission to the colonials. In the age when every country is vying for food security for its citizens, Pakistani government takes step to snatch bread from its own people. Definately imported Urea would mean hike in food prices.

BTW has Pakistan assured ones, who requested Pakistan to stop its urea production, that the urea imported from KSA will not be used by terrorists?................

Fertilizer made in Pakistan can be used for IEDs. The imported stuff has certain additives that prevent such uses.

it is all about managing energy supply ... and prioritization of who use it in time of shortage .....
Importing fertilizer is disaster for agri base economy ....

I don't think so fertilizer plats are closed because of USA pressure, it is gas shortage.. as fertilizer plants are one of the biggest gas consumer

Wow..great going in submission to the colonials. In the age when every country is vying for food security for its citizens, Pakistani government takes step to snatch bread from its own people. Definately imported Urea would mean hike in food prices.

No doubt.. it will be more expensive than Pakistani fertilizer, but you know the reason i.e. govt. is passing its time.

Govt. knows all payments and loans will be headache of next ruler!

In this case Pakistan have to pay in foreign exchange and loose revenues which it would have collected otherwise by taxing Pakistani labor.

Not only fertilizer companies are closed,, all Pakistani industrialists are fleeing Pakistan.

Moral of the story is , "beggars shouldn't hate , if they do than they should stop begging "before" they do."
Ironic how some of us accept , "evil urea" from an "evil - wahabi - salafi - extremist" state of Saudi Arabia ! - Nothing should be accepted from "evil saudis" as we are the most purest a human can get - they surely aren't of our moral standard - savvy ? :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom