What's new

Saudi Arabia releases video showing indigenous drone tests

Looks impressive. What are the specs for this beast?
It is using Chinese missiles so thank you but it has 2500 km range. I will try to get other specs in a few mins.

Specs from May 2017 so probably changed a lot with development of new variants.

Length: 9.2m, Wingspan: 18m, Max. t/o weight: 1400kg, Altitude: 18-22k ft, Load: 250kg, Range: 2500km

EJu4w4YXYAAQvDk.jpg

Sakr 1, and Sakr 4 specs. If anyone needs me to translate, I will.

• Composite materials are used to create the UAVs
  • The company’s work is aligned with the aims of Vision 2030
DUBAI: King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST) is enhancing its home-grown unmanned-aerial-vehicles (UAVs) — Saker-1 and Saker-4.

The medium-altitude and long-endurance drone Saker-1 has already achieved good results in preliminary tests.

It “managed to carry … up to 150 kg, managed to fly up to 15,000 ft (4.6 km) … fired a missile and a bomb with a range of 6 km,” Dr. Ali Al-Shihri, manager of the National Center for Aeronautical Technology at KACST, told Arab News.

The drone is also equipped with an Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) system and can live stream videos during shot during the day and night, with the help of infrared radiation sensors.

Saker-4 is a smaller model of UAVs.

It is “capable of carrying about 3 kg of surveillance systems, and managed to fly up to 11,000 ft (3.6km) and reach a speed of about 120 km per hour,” Al-Shihri said.

Composite materials — such as glass fibers, carbon fibers, resin and fiber-reinforced composites — are used to create the UAVs. This decreases the weight of the devices, saves energy and prolongs flying time.

KACST is a research and development facility in Saudi Arabia that aims to employ scientific research in the development of new technologies and push them into industrial development.

Weaponized UAVs “are sensitive technologies, they need to go through different levels of certification, and pass the aviation and military standards — it’s a long process” until their industrialization, Al-Shihri said, adding that realizing the capability to build such technology is a big achievement in itself.

The company’s work is aligned with the aims of Vision 2030, including localizing technology, increasing local content, improving infrastructure and offering jobs for Saudis.

When it started its work in 2001-2003 it only had 10-20 employees; now there are about 120 Saudi engineers with different levels of certification working at the center.

“We are striving to recruit Saudi females,” Al-Shihri added.

One out of many indigenous UAV’s. A lot of experience has been gained in recent years and the effectiveness of those UAV’s have been proven and tested in Yemen.

On my phone so can’t add the necessary links. Created threads on PDF 2.5 years ago when the first version where mad public after succesful trials.

The Saqr series were developed by Pakistani engineers, some of them were/are on LinkedIn, mentioning it in their CVs.
Not sure about these new ones.

The Saqr series were developed by Pakistani engineers, some of them were/are on LinkedIn, mentioning it in their CVs.
Not sure about these new ones.

First time I hear about such a thing. Local engineers have been involved in every step of the process like all other strategic projects. KSA does not lack highly skilled professionals. Those Pakistani engineers that you claim developed the previous UAV’s are probably local residents who grew up in KSA and studied at local KSA universities (highest ranked in the Muslim world). That is completely normal but that does not magically remove local involvement.

These drones are as indigenous as the Iranian ones.

First time I hear about such a thing. Local engineers have been involved in every step of the process like all other strategic projects. KSA does not lack highly skilled professionals. Those Pakistani engineers that you claim developed the previous UAV’s are probably local residents who grew up in KSA and studied at local KSA universities (highest ranked in the Muslim world). That is completely normal but that does not magically remove local involvement.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You people only mastered this tech....

Look at my avatar and calm down and quit the moronic trolling. I can find much worse examples of what is going on in Pakistan that makes those old drifting videos completely harmless in comparison but unlike you I am not 10 years old and have better things to do.

For your information, drifitng of that kind mostly took place in and around Riyadh and by a small minority of people. Nowadays there are professional circuits for daredevils. The police did a great job puttting an end to it mostly. No reason to jump up and down like a troll when Pakistanis and other expats took part in that as well. As if there has never been any drifitng in Pakistan.

Wasted enough of my time already. Carry on trolling.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom