What's new

Saudi Arabia pledges 71 million for Gaza housing

Mosamania

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia pledges 71 million for Gaza housing

GENEVA, Aug 12 (KUNA) -- The UNRWA office in Geneva announced on Friday that Saudi Arabia through the Saudi Fund for Development (SFD) will finance refugee housing in Rafah, Gaza, to the tune of USD 71.5 million. An agreement to this effect has been signed in Riyadh by Eng Youssef Al Bassam, Vice-Chairman and Managing Director of the SFD, and Filippo Grandi, Commissioner-General of UNRWA.
"The Rafah housing project, which began in 2005 but has been halted for over three years by the Israeli blockade, will be restarted following the announcement in July of a partial lifting of the blockade to allow a number of UNRWA housing and school projects to go ahead", said the UNRWA in a press rlease. The pledge of USD 71.5 million will cover completion of Phase 1 of the project, which is approximately one-quarter complete, and embarkation on a new Phase 2. Overall the project will comprise a minimum of 1,500 houses and associated facilities including schools, health and social service facilities, roads, sewage and electricity.
Grandi said that "hundreds of refugee families who had their homes destroyed and who have been waiting years for new homes will be delighted at this development. Many of them had been forced to live for years in deplorable conditions in full sight of their partly finished houses. An end to this dreadful situation is now at hand and we shall press ahead with implementation as fast as the limited crossings facilities for the importation of building materials from Israel into Gaza allow".
UNRWA and the refugees are grateful to the leadership, government, and people of Saudi Arabia, and to the Saudi Fund, for their generous and consistent support, of which this important pledge is the latest example.

كونا : Saudi Arabia pledges 71 million for Gaza housing - الشؤون الإقتصادية - 12/08/2011

This is a positive news,

Noe enough is said, to how Saudi Arabia is pushing hard this time.

I am hopeful that the interest King Abdullah is taking in getting Palestinian recognition also goes through

Carry on Mr King, and we are with you 100% for the freedom of Palestine.

My life will be worth less, if I die without Aqsa's freedom and the people of Palestine.

This is a positive news,

I am hopeful that the interest King Abdullah is taking in getting Palestinian recognition also goes through

My life will be worth less, if I die without Aqsa's freedom and the people of Palestine.

I am waiting for certain members here to say "This money is laundry money going to Israel to support them because Saudi Arabia is Zionist puppet" Yeah...They became so predictable....

But on another note I share your feelings exactly mate.

That's a positive development.

Not really saudis could be doing and should be doing a lot more. America would be destroyed overnite if Saudies refused to accept the US$ for their oil. Reserve currency status would go down the drain and america wouldnt even be able to aford the fuel for its troops.

Not really saudis could be doing and should be doing a lot more. America would be destroyed overnite if Saudies refused to accept the US$ for their oil. Reserve currency status would go down the drain and america wouldnt even be able to aford the fuel for its troops.

Well, at least they do something than nothing.

The USA has got a pretty good grip on the Middle East - that's for sure.

I am waiting for certain members here to say "This money is laundry money going to Israel to support them because Saudi Arabia is Zionist puppet" Yeah...They became so predictable....

But on another note I share your feelings exactly mate.

Dude,

we can let them say what ever they want to say, but we will NEVER give up.

Our goal is unification, for mission of Allah and Islam.

thus any amount of personal insult just does not matter, for we have traded our personal gratification to that which Allah will gift.

If our Prophet took the jewish abuses and slurs with smiles, and when the angel came to Taif and asked the prophet to allow him to smash these people between the mountains, the Prophet said NO, for they do not understand.

such is the lesson of our Prophet.

We don't exist , we have traded our personal existence to Allah's goal and his hospitality

Well, at least they do something than nothing.

The USA has got a pretty good grip on the Middle East - that's for sure.

No in my opinion its better they do nothing cos this gives the excuse they are doing something. Saudi govnt only interested in 1 think they care only about preserving saudi royal family and will sell anyone out to do it

Dude,

we can let them say what ever they want to say, but we will NEVER give up.

Our goal is unification, for mission of Allah and Islam.

thus any amount of personal insult just does not matter, for we have traded our personal gratification to that which Allah will gift.

If our Prophet took the jewish abuses and slurs with smiles, and when the angel came to Taif and asked the prophet to allow him to smash these people between the mountains, the Prophet said NO, for they do not understand.

such is the lesson of our Prophet.

We don't exist , we have traded our personal existence to Allah's goal and his hospitality

???????????

positive new.
other muslim countries should also come forward and hepl our palestinese brothers and sisters...
this will surely make a positive impact

Good to know that. Rich muslim countries should also come forward to help the millions of Somalis who are facing death due to starvation. Somalia needs more urgent attention.

it,s high time for muslims to realize need for unity.
we need to help ourselves rather than looking towards west.
SAUDi ARABIA can play a leading role.
she should normalize relations with iran and other muslim countries.

Good to know that. Rich muslim countries should also come forward to help the millions of Somalis who are facing death due to starvation. Somalia needs more urgent attention.

already done
our government provided aid to Somalia worth $60 million and Kuwait $10 million and i think that most GCC already provided help for them

Saudi Government grants $60 million aid to Somalia
The Saudi government has announced that it would donate $60 million aid package to the drought and famine-stricken population in Somalia.
The king of Saudi Arabia, King Abdullahi bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, who was chairing an emergency ministerial meeting in Riyadh ordered an immediate speed-up of Saudi’s efforts in dealing with the ravaging drought situation in Somalia.
After the cabinet meeting, Saudi’s information minister, Abdullaziz Qowja, who read the ministerial meeting’s communiqué, said that $50 million out of the $60 million aid package will be used to provide an emergency humanitarian food to the drought victims in Somalia while the remaining $10 million will be used to provide medicines and other nutritious food items to the severely malnourished children in Somalia.
The minister said his government will work with the UN World Food Programme and the World Health Organisation in delivering food and medicines to the needy people of Somalia.
The Saudi king also ordered dates deliveries to the Somali people before the Holy month of Ramadan to allow them meet their religious obligation during the Holy month.
Meanwhile, the Saudi government has urged the Al-Shabaab militia fighting the Somali government to unconditionally cease hostilities to pave way humanitarian aid to reach to the drought and famine victims in the country.

for Kuwait :

Kuwait offers $10 million aid to Somalia
The king of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber, has offered $10 million package of aid to help drought-hit population in Somalia.
Somali consul in Kuwait, Abib Muse Farah, told Bar-kulan that Kuwait offered the aid package to Somalia’s drought-stricken people after president Sharif called for immediate humanitarian help for drought victims in Somalia.
The $10 million aid package will be managed by the Kuwait’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs in coordination with the Kuwait Red Crescent Society to provide medicine, food and other necessity desperately needed by the drought displaced people in Somalia
Abib Muse Farah said two flights from Kuwait carrying relief aid to drought victims in Mogadishu is expected to jet in on Wednesday.
Somali is currently facing what the United Nations’ refugee agency chief, Antonio guterres, called it as the worst drought in six decades.

and there is a huge campaign from the Arab people all over the radio, TV and internet

it,s high time for muslims to realize need for unity.
we need to help ourselves rather than looking towards west.
SAUDi ARABIA can play a leading role.
she should normalize relations with iran and other muslim countries.

Only if they get rid of royal family in my opinion

This is a positive news,

Then your life will be worthless.
Or, accept the fact that Israel`s capital was, is and always will be Jerusalem, and you might get a chance to visit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom