What's new

Saudi Arabia offers to buy Russian arms to stop Russian support to Syria

LINK

-T-90, Mi-17, Mi-35, and BMP-3, good weapons for the KSA?

-If this deal were to go through, would this mean the end of the movement to purchase Altays and T-129s from Turkey?

@Yzd Khalifa

Even if they buy it i don't think they'll youse it themselves as they have access to far superior tehnology,they'll probably store them or donate them to some Saudi friendly nation which is strapped for cash like Jordan or Pakistan in return for some political favours.Win,win but i doubt the russians will give Assad up.

Last edited by a moderator:
@al-Hasani

I don't think it is NATO vs Russia this time, you may apply this logic elsewhere, but this is OUR OWN ISSUE. The west didn't do a damn thing to help the Syrians.

Yes, I know 7abibi am I just saying that it is not a coincidence that NATO/USA/EU and Russia on the other hand are on the opposite ends in Syria. Notice how much the Russians bitched when Libya was liberated. It is the same song everywhere.

The Syrian civil war might be native/Middle Eastern in its pure form but it has started to have much wider consequences and implications as I see it. It's not only about the Middle Eastern countries anymore. Every big power is looking at the situation of Syria today and they think about what they can achieve in this turmoil for their own gains.

They clearly do not care about the people as our Turkish friend T-123456 rightly stated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if they buy it i don't think they'll youse it themselves as they have access to far superior tehnology,they'll probably store them or donate them to some Saudi friendly nation which is strapped for cash like Jordan or Pakistan in return for some political favours.Win,win but i doubt the russians will give Assad up.

You thought right, we never bought any Russian equipments whatsoever before. Our allies are comitted to do ToT with us, and been working with them for ages, so yeah. But I guess that your tone sounded as if you were suggesting that it is highly unlikely that KSA would strike a deal and shake hands with the Russians after all of what the Syrians had gone through, right? If so then I fully agree.

Cheers :smart:

Now you're talking babe.
Yes, I know 7abibi am I just saying that it is not a coincidence that NATO/USA/EU and Russia on the other hand are on the opposite ends in Syria. Notice how much the Russians bitched when Libya was liberated. It is the same song everywhere.

The Syrian civil war might be native/Middle Eastern in its pure form but it has started to have much wider consequences and implications as I see it. It's not only about the Middle Eastern countries anymore. Every big power is looking at the situation of Syria today and they think about what they can achieve in this turmoil for their own gains.

They clearly do not care about the people as our Turkish friend T-123456 rightly stated.

I know i will see some negative comments but if it was up to me,i would have sent them(TAF,with or without help) in allready and cleaned up this mess.
The Turks and Arabs should have done it together and nothing the west or Russia could have done to prevent.
Look at it this way,without interference we lost so many Turkish lives.
At least when we do interfere we know we can lose soldiers,this way its like a lottery.
Any time anywhere they can hit us,how many more Turks must die before my idiot government does something?

Perhaps that's why the world is turning a blind eye to Assda's violation of international laws, including the shelling of innocent Turkish families, and the terror attack on a peace-loving villagers. Clearly, it isn't their fight, it is ours including Jordan and Turkey of whom they feel threatened 24/7 that Assad may use his chemical weapons on their nations.

Tell me, how many western countries which donated money for the Syrian refugees in Jordan or Turkey? We can play the hypocrisy game all day long but it won't divert us from the reality, isn't that true?
They sent some nickels and dimes.

If we ever bought Russian weapons it will be to the SANG

Saudi Army = Mostly Western weapons.
SANG = Mostly Eastern weapons.

That's how i see it.

F$A terrorists are losing badly, thus Saudi "Arabia" went to Russia to beg them to help them win... what a joke Saudi "Arabia" is... they go to Russia and beg for help...

No, but, If it shows something then it has to be a dreadful frustration out of the news :D :lol: :omghaha: :rofl:

:cuckoo: you think Russia is willing to lose its international respect and their strong positions for 15 billion?
and I was just telling the truth, why would Saudi "Arabia" beg Russia TWICE...

:cuckoo: you think Russia is willing to lose its international respect and their strong positions for 15 billion?
and I was just telling the truth, why would Saudi "Arabia" beg Russia TWICE...
Are you trying to tell us that the news is real? :D :lol: :rofl: :omghaha:
We paid them in Iraq, but I'm afraid it's too little to late to act up for the Ruskies.

what do you mean you paid them in Iraq?

Go and do some readings. I'm in the Gov't, and trust me we won't propose such offer to the Russians under any circumstances. Such proposal was made on Sep 2011, but we won't forget the blood of the Syrain civilians, Turkish civilians.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom