What's new

Saudi Arabia joins Red Flag 2012

Korean

BANNED
Reaction score
S. Korea joins US-led aerial combat training exercise - China.org.cn

S. Korea joins US-led aerial combat training exercise

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, January 25, 2012

South Korea's Air Force said Wednesday it is taking part in a U.S.-led air-to-air combat training exercise launched earlier this week at an air base in Nevada.

South Korea has mobilized six F-15K fighter jets for the Red Flag exercise, held between Jan. 22 and Feb. 4 at Nellis Air Force Base, according to the Air Force.

The aerial combat training drill, also joined by Saudi Arabian aircrews, is aimed at improving air combat maneuvers and interoperability among the allied forces.

The three countries will engage in aerial infiltration and interdiction drills.

The exercise was first launched in 1975.

Interesting bit is that the simulated hostile aircraft is Su-30, a type not operated by North Korea or Iran.

Saudis will still remain paper tigers no matter what aircraft fly even if they got F-22's, there performance against the Yemeni Houthis was terrible had to call in airstrikes, as they say I would rather a good pilot and a terrible plane then a expensive up to date plane with a terrible pilot.

It doesn't matter what aircraft they get, trust me Saudi's are paper tigers, Egyptian pilots with their older f-16 would destroy Saudi's simply due to the training and discipline.

Well, this drill is really about ROK F-15s shooting down a larger force of Su-30s.

Well, this drill is really about ROK F-15s shooting down a larger force of Su-30s.

Saudi's have F-15 including newer F-15's they are getting yet it won't change the fact if the enemy had su-30(iran) simply because Iranians are trained better Saudis need more training.

Saudis will still remain paper tigers no matter what aircraft fly even if they got F-22's, there performance against the Yemeni Houthis was terrible had to call in airstrikes, as they say I would rather a good pilot and a terrible plane then a expensive up to date plane with a terrible pilot.

Actually the performance was better than I expected even. And if you are saying it was terrible because "They had to call in air-strikes" then you sir need a CAT scan of your brain I think it is not even there.

Saudi pilots are the best trained in the Arab world that is a given. Even all analysts agree on that. And last year alone the Air Force have been involved in 20 joint exercises. I know you are just trying to troll it is very obvious and you are very good troller one of the best in the internet perhaps even.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

This drill is about increasing the skills of both ROK and KSA air crews. Yeah sure you get idiots like NC here all the time but that does not change the fact that we are a very strong highly trained military now not like in the past.

This drill is about increasing the skills of both ROK and KSA air crews. Yeah sure you get idiots like NC here all the time but that does not change the fact that we are a very strong highly trained military now not like in the past.
I don't know what the Saudi Airforce training scenario is, but the Korean F-15Ks train on Su-30 suppression based on the description.

they won't going to fight iran anyway...
just waste of money (or oil?:)~

Back
Top Bottom