What's new

Saudi Arabia, Indonesia Sign Defense Cooperation Agreement

Arabian Legend

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia

JAKARTA
— Indonesian Deputy Minister of Defense Shafri Shamsuddin received here today Prince Salman bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz, Deputy Minister of Defense.

During the meeting, they discussed means of enhancing bilateral relations in various fields. — SPA

Jakarta ( Berita ) : Pemerintah Kerajaan Arab Saudi menjajaki kerja sama di bidang Industri Pertahanan dengan Indonesia untuk membangun kendaraan tempur (Ranpur) dalam bentuk produksi bersama atau joint investment.

“Kami menawarkan joint investment dalam membangun kendaraan tempur kepada Wamenhan Arab Saudi,” kata Wakil Menhan RI Sjafrie Samsoeddin usai pertemuan dengan Wamenhan Kerajaan Arab Saudi Salman bin Sultan Abdul Aziz al Saud di Kantor Kementerian Pertahanan RI, Jakarta, Kamis [23/01].

Menurut dia ada dua hal penting dari pertemuan ini, yakni pertama, peningkatan kapasitas dan kemampuan dalam profesionalitas dan ketakwaan pada Tuhan Yang Maha Esa pada prajurit muslim kita. Kedua, untuk kerjasama industri seperti produksi bersama kendaraan tempur.

“Beliau saat ini sedang melihat kendaraan tempur panser Anoa yang sudah digunakan oleh Kopassus. Sejak tahun 1950 baru saat ini kita menerima kunjungan Wamenhan Arab Saudi yang mewakili Kementerian Pertahanan Arab Saudi,” kata Sjafrie

Wamenhan Arab Saudi juga akan meninjau alutsista milik TNI seperti pesawat CN 235, CN 295 dan helikopter Bell 412. Pihak Arab Saudi juga menyetujui memberikan pelatihan bahasa Arab untuk persiapan kontingen PBB Indonesia yang akan berangkat ke Lebanon di pusat bahasa di Shanti Dharma Sentul, Jawa Barat.

Menurut Sjafrie, dalam kunjungan Wamenhan Kerajaan Arab Saudi tersebut, disamping meninjau pasukan khusus juga akan melihat Ranpur Anoa yang sudah dioperasionalkan dan digunakan TNI di Mako Kopassus, dan siangnya Wamenhan Arab Saudi akan melihat statik show CN 235 dan 295 sampai Bell Helli 412, yang digunakan TNI AD, TNI AU.

Sebagai pertanda kerja sama dimulai, Sjafrie memberikan senjata SS 2 Pindad 1 yang biasa digunakan pasukan TNI kepada Pangeran Salman. Mereka menandatangani kerja sama ‘Defence Cooperation Agreement’.

Selain itu, lanjut Wamenhan Sjafrie, Wamenhan Salman juga memberikan peluang untuk kerjasama di bidang industri pertahanan baik yang sudah ada yang sekarang maupun yang akan datang. Selain itu kedua Kemhan juga sepakat untuk terus memelihara hubungan kedua negara tetapi dipasok dengan peran kerjasama kegiatan pertahanan.

“Kami juga membuka peluang kerja sama yang saling bermanfaat termasuk bagaimana peluang latihan bersama antara kopassus kita dengan Special Force Saudi Arabia,” katanya.

Penanggulangan Terorisme

Pemerintah Kerajaan Arab Saudi dan Indonesia juga sepakat melakukan kerjasama untuk peningkatan kapasitas kemampuan dalam hubungan profesionalisme. Menurut Sjafrie, kedua negara tersebut sepakat untuk memulai dan membuka suatu kesempatan melakukan peningkatan pelatihan pasukan khusus kedua negara dalam rangka penanggulangan terorisme internasional.

“Saya perlu garis bawahi, kedua Wamenhan sepakat bahwa ancaman terorisme internasional itu, tidak boleh dikaitan dengan ideologi dan Islam, karena ajaran agama tidak mengajarkan tindak kekerasan, sehingga kita sepakat untuk memerangi terorisme internasional ini dengan latihan bersama. Saat ini beliau mengunjungi Pasukan Khusus Indonesia untuk melihat sejauhmana Kopassus tersebut di Cijantung,” paparnya. (ant )

Google translate:

akarta ( News ) : The Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to explore cooperation in defense industry with Indonesia to build combat vehicles ( Ranpur ) in the form of joint production or joint investment .

" We offer a joint investment in building Wamenhan combat vehicles to Saudi Arabia , " said Deputy Defense Minister Sjafrie Samsoeddin RI Wamenhan after meeting with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Sultan Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud at the Ministry of Defence of Indonesia , Jakarta , on Thursday [ 23 / 01 ] .

According to him there are two important things from this meeting , the first , an increase in the capacity and capability in the professionalism and piety to God Almighty in our Muslim soldiers . Second , for industrial cooperation such as joint production of combat vehicles .

" He is currently seeing combat vehicles Anoa APCs that have been used by Special Forces . Since 1950 we received a new current Wamenhan visit Saudi Arabia representing the Ministry of Defense of Saudi Arabia , " said Sjafrie

Wamenhan Saudi Arabia will also review belonging to the military defense equipment like aircraft CN-235 , CN 295 and Bell 412 helicopters . Parties also agreed to provide Saudi Arabia Arabic language training in preparation for the UN Indonesian contingent will leave for Lebanon in Dharma Shanti language center in Sentul , West Java .

According to Sjafrie , in Wamenhan visit the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia , in addition to reviewing the special forces will also see Anoa Ranpur already operationalized and used in MAKO TNI Kopassus , and noon Wamenhan Saudi Arabia will see the static show CN 235 and 295 to 412 Helli Bell , who used Army , Air Force.

As a sign of cooperation begins , Sjafrie give SS 2 PINDAD 1 weapon commonly used military forces to Prince Salman . They signed a cooperation ' Defense Cooperation Agreement' .

In addition, continued Wamenhan Sjafrie , Wamenhan Salman also provide opportunities for cooperation in the defense industry both existing now or in the future . In addition both the Ministry of Defense also agreed to continue to maintain relations between the two countries but is supplied with the role of defense cooperation activities .

" We also opened up opportunities that mutually beneficial cooperation , including joint exercises how opportunities between us with Kopassus Special Forces Saudi Arabia , " he said .

Combating Terrorism

Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Indonesia also agreed to cooperate on capacity building in relation to the ability of professionalism . According to Sjafrie , the two nations agreed to launch and open the opportunities for improvement of training special forces of both countries in the framework of international counter-terrorism .

" I need to underline , Wamenhan both agreed that the threat of international terrorism , it should not be attributed to ideology and Islam , as religion does not teach violence , so we agreed to the fight against international terrorism is the common practice . Currently he visited the Indonesian Special Forces to see the extent of the Special Forces in Cijantung , " he said . ( ant )
Saudi Jajaki Kerja Sama ‘Ranpur’ Dengan Indonesia | Harian Berita Sore
Saudi Gazette - Saudi Arabia, Indonesia Sign Defense Cooperation Agreement

@Wahhab2701 What do you make out of this?

JAKARTA
— Indonesian Deputy Minister of Defense Shafri Shamsuddin received here today Prince Salman bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz, Deputy Minister of Defense.

During the meeting, they discussed means of enhancing bilateral relations in various fields. — SPA

Google translate:

akarta ( News ) : The Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to explore cooperation in defense industry with Indonesia to build combat vehicles ( Ranpur ) in the form of joint production or joint investment .

" We offer a joint investment in building Wamenhan combat vehicles to Saudi Arabia , " said Deputy Defense Minister Sjafrie Samsoeddin RI Wamenhan after meeting with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Sultan Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud at the Ministry of Defence of Indonesia , Jakarta , on Thursday [ 23 / 01 ] .

According to him there are two important things from this meeting , the first , an increase in the capacity and capability in the professionalism and piety to God Almighty in our Muslim soldiers . Second , for industrial cooperation such as joint production of combat vehicles .

" He is currently seeing combat vehicles Anoa APCs that have been used by Special Forces . Since 1950 we received a new current Wamenhan visit Saudi Arabia representing the Ministry of Defense of Saudi Arabia , " said Sjafrie

Wamenhan Saudi Arabia will also review belonging to the military defense equipment like aircraft CN-235 , CN 295 and Bell 412 helicopters . Parties also agreed to provide Saudi Arabia Arabic language training in preparation for the UN Indonesian contingent will leave for Lebanon in Dharma Shanti language center in Sentul , West Java .

According to Sjafrie , in Wamenhan visit the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia , in addition to reviewing the special forces will also see Anoa Ranpur already operationalized and used in MAKO TNI Kopassus , and noon Wamenhan Saudi Arabia will see the static show CN 235 and 295 to 412 Helli Bell , who used Army , Air Force.

As a sign of cooperation begins , Sjafrie give SS 2 PINDAD 1 weapon commonly used military forces to Prince Salman . They signed a cooperation ' Defense Cooperation Agreement' .

In addition, continued Wamenhan Sjafrie , Wamenhan Salman also provide opportunities for cooperation in the defense industry both existing now or in the future . In addition both the Ministry of Defense also agreed to continue to maintain relations between the two countries but is supplied with the role of defense cooperation activities .

" We also opened up opportunities that mutually beneficial cooperation , including joint exercises how opportunities between us with Kopassus Special Forces Saudi Arabia , " he said .

Combating Terrorism

Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Indonesia also agreed to cooperate on capacity building in relation to the ability of professionalism . According to Sjafrie , the two nations agreed to launch and open the opportunities for improvement of training special forces of both countries in the framework of international counter-terrorism .

" I need to underline , Wamenhan both agreed that the threat of international terrorism , it should not be attributed to ideology and Islam , as religion does not teach violence , so we agreed to the fight against international terrorism is the common practice . Currently he visited the Indonesian Special Forces to see the extent of the Special Forces in Cijantung , " he said . ( ant )
Saudi Jajaki Kerja Sama ‘Ranpur’ Dengan Indonesia | Harian Berita Sore
Saudi Gazette - Saudi Arabia, Indonesia Sign Defense Cooperation Agreement

@Wahhab2701 What do you make out of this?
I was about to post it but can't find an english source. Using google translation did not come to my mind :(. Thanks for posting it bro. KSA through the LIPIA has contribution to train our police department in terrorism eradication. Hopefully they can do similar to our armed forces especially the intelligence.

I was about to post it but can't find an english source. Using google translation did not come to my mind :(. Thanks for posting it bro. KSA through the LIPIA has contribution to train our police department in terrorism eradication. Hopefully they can do similar to our armed forces especially the intelligence.

Defense cooperation and joint ventures are what we need to work on, I mean armed vehicles, tanks, aerospace and so on.

:dance3::dance3:
:yahoo::yay::victory::victory::yay::yahoo:
:dance3::dance3:

2975260.jpg

Defense cooperation and joint ventures are what we need to work on, I mean armed vehicles, tanks, aerospace and so on.
Yes that one also. ToT of the al fahd APC would be nice :cheers::victory:While from Indonesian side has the expertise to produce aircraft such as CN-235 including modify it into MPA aircraft.

Maybe join production of SS-2 assault riffle

Wonderful news.

Indonesia is one of the biggest economies in the world and the most populous Muslim country on earth.

As a side note then the Arab world, in particular the Arabian Peninsula, mainly Hijaz and Yemen, has had ancient ties with Indonesia and it were the Arabs who spread Islam first to Indonesia and the remaining South East Asia peacefully mainly through trade and settlements. To this day there are millions of Indonesians, Malaysians of paternal Arab descent or partial Arab descent. Just like there is a significant community of Hijazis of Indonesian ancestry.

All this and much more makes the potential for a future long-landsting alliance even bigger.

This is something I have wanted our two governments to do for a VERY long time since we need such cooperations.

@Wahhab2701

Wonderful news.

Indonesia is one of the biggest economies in the world and the most populous Muslim country on earth.

As a side note then the Arab world, in particular the Arabian Peninsula, mainly Hijaz and Yemen, has had ancient ties with Indonesia and it were the Arabs who spread Islam first to Indonesia and the remaining South East Asia peacefully mainly through trade and settlements. To this day there are millions of Indonesians, Malaysians of paternal Arab descent or partial Arab descent. Just like there is a significant community of Hijazis of Indonesian ancestry.

All this and much more makes the potential for a future long-landsting alliance even bigger.

This is something I have wanted our two governments to do for a VERY long time since we need such cooperations.

@Wahhab2701
That is very true brother.

Happy that this DCA could sealed. But I will be more happy if the area of cooperation could also be made in the area of business and economy. On this, KSA is surpassed by Kuwait and UAE. UAE through Mubadala corp and Kuwait through KUPFEC. I wish I can see significant KSA investment in indonesia in the near future thus will strengthen the time tested relation between KSA and Indonesia. And off course i want KSA to grant more hajj visa for us :victory::cheers::lol:

Great news this. It seems some one from the Saudi Ministry reads our posts.

Now next if Turkey can join in, it will be a great block ( Saudi Arabia , turkey, pakistan, indonesia ) joined together
in one defense production company, based some where between Dammam and Kharj.

Great to see Saudi Arabia partnering up with our brothers in SEA.
Yes that one also. ToT of the al fahd APC would be nice :cheers::victory:While from Indonesian side has the expertise to produce aircraft such as CN-235 including modify it into MPA aircraft.

Maybe join production of SS-2 assault riffle

I think Saudi Arabia will be mostly after the Indonesian Aerospace expertise in producing the CN-235. We're already licence building several European Assault Rifles at the Al Kharj Arsenal which I think is causing some logistics problems because of all the different makes and models of rifles we have in our armed forces (M16s, G36C, Aug Steyrs, AK103s OH MY!).

In return, Saudi Arabia has some good experience with APCs and armoured vehicles that can benefit Indonesia.

It's a win-win for all involved. :bounce:

Great to see Saudi Arabia partnering up with our brothers in SEA.

I think Saudi Arabia will be mostly after the Indonesian Aerospace expertise in producing the CN-235. We're already licence building several European Assault Rifles at the Al Kharj Arsenal which I think is causing some logistics problems because of all the different makes and models of rifles we have in our armed forces (M16s, G36C, Aug Steyrs, AK103s OH MY!).

In return, Saudi Arabia has some good experience with APCs and armoured vehicles that can benefit Indonesia.

It's a win-win for all involved. :bounce:

Totally agree.

Not only the CN-235. In general just the expertise of IPTN. In many ways KSA and Indonesia are facing similar challenges as developing countries.

Also Indonesia has never signed such an agreement with a Middle Eastern country.

It is moreover not a coincidence that this comes right after our supposed interest in the Pakistani-Chinese developed JF-17 fighter jets.

It is great to see that our cooperations do not only extend to our usual international allies and immediate Arab/Muslim countries of the region. There is a very big potential in Indonesia and South East Asia in general.

Yes, I agree about the timing with the JF-17 interest is not a coincidence.

I think it's because Boeing purchased all the local aerospace firms to deny BAE the ability to manufacture Typhoons in-country.

Perhaps a joint venture with IPTN and PAC to form a new production base in Saudi Arabia is on the cards? It's a bit far fetched but it would be a great boon to the local defense industry.

Yes, I agree about the timing with the JF-17 interest is not a coincidence.

I think it's because Boeing purchased all the local aerospace firms to deny BAE the ability to manufacture Typhoons in-country.

Perhaps a joint venture with IPTN and PAC to form a new production base in Saudi Arabia is on the cards? It's a bit far fetched but it would be a great boon to the local defense industry.

The 1 million dollar question though is why such moves have not taken place much, much earlier? I mean it is not like there has not been any opportunities, allies to work with or most importantly financial power to put it into place or educated people.

Anyway how is that saying again? It is to no use crying over spilled milk? Fits here I guess.

Back
Top Bottom