What's new

Saudi Arabia has one of the very lowest cancer rates in the world

Here is the link. Official data from WHO.

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/all-cancers/by-country/

Very impressive and encouraging news.

Maybe women being banned from driving was right after all

:lol:

A healthy traditional cuisine (if eaten in moderate portions) and good local agricultural products. Genetics probably has a role to play as well as almost always.

The biggest killer in KSA is obesity (and related diseases) along with traffic-related deaths.

As for your comment, it makes no sense, as Saudi Arabian women are driven around by their husbands, relatives or by private chauffeurs (mostly hired foreigners). They are driven around just like head of states and other people of a similar stature in the West. In mostly great cars. What horror! But yes, women are in general horrible drivers (not a stereotype but a fact) and many of them would perish on Saudi Arabian roads very quickly as the situation is today, my Pakistani friend. Anyway this idiotic law (in my opinion at least) is only around 25 years old and will be removed soon.

Last edited:
Here is the link. Official data from WHO.

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/all-cancers/by-country/

Very impressive and encouraging news.

:lol:

A healthy traditional cuisine (if eaten in moderate portions) and good local agricultural products. Genetics probably has a role to play as well as almost always.

The biggest killer in KSA is obesity (and related diseases) along with traffic-related deaths.

its called epigenetics research it, western countries and japan had exposure to carcinogens when industrialising which was passed down. KSA was a desert.

Last edited:
its called epigentics research it, western countries and japan had exposure to carcinogens when industrialising which was passed down. KSA was a desert.

English please. The fact is that KSA has the 5th lowest cancer rate worldwide all while being one of the most developed/wealthiest countries in the world. Lightyears ahead of your country. One of the highest HDI indexes as well. Don't know what "desert" has anything to do with this and besides over 50% of KSA is mountainous.

6nrsk4.jpg

Arabia was wealthier and more developed than your country before oil was found and most of the non-Western world. For instance there were no famines or anything along those likes.

Anyway good to see you being interested in my threads.

Now you know that KSA has one of the lowest cancer rates in the world. The lowest of all developed countries.

Idiot learn about epigenetics.

In simple terms when westerners were industrialisng their country the came in contact with cancerous chemicals which can cause cancer, the chemicals can also affect which genes are switch on nor not hence this is passed down. Saudis unlike most nations never came across such industrialisation. What the f*** has famines and wealth got to do with cancer, stop being arrogant the fact you can only look to the past about your history to hide your short coming speaks volumes.

Idiot learn about epigenetics.

In simple terms when westerners were industrialisng their country the came in contact with cancerous chemicals which can cause cancer, the chemicals can also affect which genes are switch on nor not hence this is passed down. Saudis unlike most nations never came across such industrialisation. What the f*** has famines and wealth got to do with cancer, stop being arrogant the fact you can only look to the past about your history to hide your short coming speaks volumes.

Did you forget that KSA became industrialized much earlier (late 1950's) than most non-Western nations yet KSA's cancer rate is significantly lower than countries that experienced an later industrilization? Your theory does not hold water.

I was not refering to epigenetics but the nature of your post, Einstein. I am a chemical engineer and one of my sisters is a doctor and my mother is a dermatologist. Quit trolling.

Did you forget that KSA became industrialized much earlier (late 1950's) than most non-Western nations yet KSA's cancer rate is significantly lower? Your theory does not hold water.

I was not refering to epigenetics but the nature of your post, Einstein. I am a chemical engineer and one of my sisters is a doctor and my mother is a dermatologist. Quit trolling.

slave labourers from asia were affected as they were exposed. My mum is doctor and so will i become one. I've been educated at one of the worlds best uni so dont brag.

slave labourers from asia were affected as they were exposed. My mum is doctor and so will i become one. I've been educated at one of the worlds best uni so dont brag.

Which "slave labor" and what has mentioning facts to do with "bragging"? Just minutes before you were busy calling people for idiots. So who is bragging?

KSA is not a developed country.

Does Oman have a lower cancer rate?

KSA is very much a developed country. Look at the HDI index. KSA is in the top 35. If not "developed" then at least heavily industrialized.

Take a look at this map.

2ir2hj5.png

The darker the more developed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developed_country

Oman is one of the only 4-5 countries with a lower cancer rate but it is worth noticing that Oman is only home to 4-5 million people and that it is a hardly industrialized country. Anyone that has visited Oman will tell you this. It has an amazing nature, some of the best coastlines in the world for instance, but it is not exactly your stereotypical industrialized GCC country. Rather the contrary.

Take a look at my link. It is official data from WHO. There is a ranking too.

Are you suggesting there were famines in Pakistan?

I know that there were plenty of famines in British India and according to this news (the source is the Iranian PressTV) there are examples of famine in Pakistan to this very day. Unfortunately.

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/04/13/460482/Pakistan-famine-claims-hundreds-lives

I do not know about the authenticity of this news. However this is not the topic here and it was part of my exchange with beast89 who has a love/hate affair with me and vice versa that has lasted for years. For unfamiliar eyes our discussions can appear, what can I say, strange and confusing at times but this is one of the many attractions of PDF. Take it for what it is.

Last edited:
Which "slave labor" and what has mentioning facts to do with "bragging"? Just minutes before you were busy calling people for idiots. So who is bragging?

KSA is very much a developed country. Look at the HDI index. KSA is in the top 35. If not "developed" then at least heavily industrialized.

Take a look at this map.

The darker the more developed.

Oman is one of the only 4-5 countries with a lower cancer rate but it is worth noticing that Oman is only home to 4-5 million people and that it is a hardly industrialized country. Anyone that has visited Oman will tell you this. It has an amazing nature, some of the best coastlines in the world for instance, but it is not exactly your stereotypical industrialized GCC country. Rather the contrary.

Take a look at my link. It is official data from WHO. There is a ranking too.

You have to do better than that.

Wikipedia = joke.

KSA is by no means industrialized.

HDI is an index that has been usurped by the Western world.

No way does Australia have a higher quality of life or more developed than Switzerland, not even close. But there you have it. And the US has its GDP inflated artificially by 55 percent. All Data and stats from the US and west should be taken with a grain of salt or at least reverified before admission.

What are the ways in which Oman is not industrialized but KSA you think is industrialized?

Name some non oil related, non-petroleum related industries in KSA? As far as I know, oil accounts for more than 90% of your budget still.

By no means is that a sign of industrialization.

Other than petroleum what industry do you have in Saudi?

Please also remember that until the 1930s Saudi was a subsistence economy...nothing wrong in that.....but how quickly you forget your own origins.

You have to do better than that.

Wikipedia = joke.

KSA is by no means industrialized.

HDI is an index that has been usurped by the Western world.

No way does Australia have a higher quality of life or more developed than Switzerland, not even close. But there you have it. And the US has its GDP inflated artificially by 55 percent. All Data and stats from the US and west should be taken with a grain of salt or at least reverified before admission.

What are the ways in which Oman is not industrialized but KSA you think is industrialized?

Name some non oil related, non-petroleum related industries in KSA? As far as I know, oil accounts for more than 90% of your budget still.

By no means is that a sign of industrialization.

The source is not Wikipedia but MEDC and HDI. Just like the cancer rates worldwide are not a "Wikipedia invention" but official data from WHO.

As for what you are arguing, well that is your opinion and you are of course entitled to it. I don't fully agree.

Australia is definitely more industrialized than Switzerland. I have visited both countries and know them fairly well. Australia has much more industry.

Well, because I know both KSA (surprise) and Oman well. Everyone who knows those two countries will tell you that KSA is much more industrialized and much more urbanized. Riyadh alone has twice as big a population as Oman which is the size of Poland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_of_Saudi_Arabia

http://www.sidf.gov.sa/en/IndustryinSaudiArabia/Pages/IndustrialDevelopmentinSaudiArabia.aspx

BTW are you a Communist/Marxist?

Other than petroleum what industry do you have in Saudi?

See above. Speaking about industries, KSA is undergoing significant change (look out for Saudi Arabian vision 2030) and nobody here, at least not me, has claimed that KSA is a fully developed country. That would be a joke but it is nevertheless surely a industrialized/developed country by large which the data available confirms as well.

The point here is that beast89's initial claim does not correspondent to the data and that it is contradictory. He is always trying to belittle KSA because he dislikes the regime. However this often clouds his judgement.

Back
Top Bottom