What's new

Saudi Arabia Hajj help

so what I should be going for is an umrah, thank you for correcting my mistakes. I intend to to go myself possibly in the next few weeks.

uh65410,1283131010,facepalm-over9000.png

And then again maybe you just need some religious education..... But still...

And then again maybe you just need some religious education..... But still...

Out of all the people I thought it would be you mosa that would welcome this. :unsure:
as for religious education my parents did send me to the mosque every weekend when I was a kid I found it boring didn't even show up some times.

lol, yes go for Umrah first... Hajj is compulsory for every Muslim who can afford to perform Hajj. But Umrah is not compulsory. But in my opinion if you have performed Umrah before... Hajj becomes easier for you as you already know some places and how to perform Umrah etc. Umrah is also part of Hajj when you are doing Hajj you have to do the same process of Umrah too... so if you know how it works... it's easier to do when you ultimately go for Hajj.

But keep in mind that you should go to Umrah only if you have intentions to perform Hajj in future... otherwise it is advised to go for Hajj as it is mandatory on every Muslim to do it for once in their life time. I may have confused you a little but let me assure you - whether you do Hajj or Umrah... you would want to do it again and again....

So all is well

thanks zakii you have been a tremendous help to me, thank you my brother I will pray for you as well.

From my limited knowledge,Grandfather had told me that,while walking,one should be careful not to fall. If you fall,chances of people stampading over you is high. Don't know whats the situation now. Hope Allah grants your wish.

From my limited knowledge,Grandfather had told me that,while walking,one should be careful not to fall. If you fall,chances of people stampading over you is high. Don't know whats the situation now. Hope Allah grants your wish.

Those were old days-
Now the facilites there are so much comfortable and so much well managed- that acc to some people- it kills the concept of performing Hajj- i.e "Mushaqqat"-

One small pointer. According to many scholars of the Sunni fiqh, once a person has performed Umrah, he has to perform Hajj necessarily as the performance of the Umrah becomes a hujat regarding provision of enough resources & physical stamina for performance of the Hajj.
One handy tip avoid KFC, MC, Burger King etc like the plague (it is yuck) instead go for the local chain Albaek. Also the local doughnut chain Bait al Donut makes scrumptious donuts better than anyother donuts I've had anywhere (breakfast problem solved).
During the tawaf, avoid the following groups 1) Iranians (stink like anything) & 2) Sudanese & Africans (they do tawaf in a big linked line extending from the Kabah uptill the extent of their group. They shove, elbow & push like no tomorrow) I had the bruises to prove my encounter for 3 weeks.
Try to mingle with the Pakistanis & Turks especially the Turks, the two politest nationalities you'll meet there.
Avoid purchasing any type of cakes or biscuits from the local bakeries, unless you want to use their products as door stoppers, table balancers or paper weights.
Lastly remember why you are going there in the first place.
May Allah make your journey easy brother.

Sir,

It used to happen in Jamarat during the process of pelting stones to the Devil (wall). But now the time has changed. They have built bridges all over the Jamarat and raised the floor to multiple stories... It's no longer a two-way traffic and all the bridges are built in such a way that nobody can jump out of their place... everybody has to follow the same path/direction and enter and exit Jamarat from the same path so nobody can come back from the same route and no collisions happen anymore. There has been some recent incidents too but it has become a rarity. It's like a motorway for pedestrians where once you are on the bridge, mountains or ground levels --- You have to follow the same route of moving onwards...

Some useful pictures: You can type in Google "Jamarat Bridge" for more pics - look at the direction of people - everybody is facing the same way

PIC 1)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_C1e4AYX_A0E/TLK-Q9LZhiI/AAAAAAAAAew/UFmZmM7Q_io/s1600/DSC00264.jpg

PIC 2)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92/The_way_to_Jamarat_Bridge_3.JPG

PIC 3)

jamarat-bridge.jpg

Back
Top Bottom