Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKEAGLE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
640x392_70346_183927.jpg

Saudi Arabia on Wednesday announced the end of its almost decade-old aid program to Bosnia, saying it had disbursed more than half a billion dollars in total.

Riyadh launched the aid program in the first year of the 1992-95 war in the Balkan country and said total payments came to $560 million (430 million euros).

The aid was used mainly to fight poverty and in health, infrastructure and culture, ambassador Eid bin Mohammed al-Thaqafi was quoted as saying by the state news agency Fena.

“The period of conflict is over. Now this is a time of reconstruction and economic partnership between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Bosnia,” said the ambassador at a ceremony.

Many mosques destroyed during the war were rebuilt with Saudi help.

Muslims make up about 40 percent of Bosnia’s 3.8 million people, while the rest is mostly Orthodox or Catholic Christian.

The inter-ethnic conflict between Bosnia’s Croats, Muslims and Serbs claimed some 100,000 lives and forced some 2.2 million people, or half its population, to flee their homes.

Saudi Arabia ends an almost decade-old $560 million aid program to Bosnia

In terms of donations KSA is putting most Muslim and non-Muslim countries to shame.

I am curious to see the donations of other countries to Bosnia out of interest.

In terms of donations KSA is putting most Muslim and non-Muslim countries to shame.

I am curious to see the donations of other countries to Bosnia out of interest.

Those monies return to Saudi Arabia when Hadjis visit Mecca and Medina during Hajj.

Those monies return to Saudi Arabia when Hadjis visit Mecca and Medina during Hajj.

Actually it's the other way around, the Government spend every year during Hajj about 85 million dollars, the only one that benefit from Hajj are the business owners, and the people living in Mecca, Also if there ever was a percentage of income then it's used in maintenance of Al Haram mosque and projects in Mecca.

What was the break-up of this aid ? Which is to say how much went towards improving education & the sort in Bosnia & how much went towards the reconstruction of Mosques etc ?

In terms of spreading extremism among Islamic and European countries too.

Who murdered Saudi Ambassadors in Pakistan and Bangladesh, recently?

Why never happened before? It is clear Iran has lot of direct/indirect influence over both states... and Saudi Arabia shall notice it.

What was the break-up of this aid ? Which is to say how much went towards improving education & the sort in Bosnia & how much went towards the reconstruction of Mosques etc ?

Which part you dislike most? In any case its over now and you can't complain any more for either reason. :)

If you choose to live in open, ride on camel.. and feed on free food being distribute, it will get cheaper.

I have Shia friends who had spend millions in Iraq, Iran and Syria but never made Hajj.

Which part you dislike most? In any case its over now and you can't complain any more for either reason. :)

I don't dislike any part, on the contrary I applaud the effort but I do hope that most of the aid was aimed towards Nation building by helping Bosnian Institutions, by increasing the educational level of Bosnians or by helping them with Micro-Financing to setup small scale businesses. The mosques can wait because once the people have their life on track the mosques would come back on track once more.

I don't dislike any part, on the contrary I applaud the effort but I do hope that most of the aid was aimed towards Nation building by helping Bosnian Institutions, by increasing the educational level of Bosnians or by helping them with Micro-Financing to setup small scale businesses. The mosques can wait because once the people have their life on track the mosques would come back on track once more.

There is no hint in the news of any Mosque, if the issue is pressing than i only suggest to write to the Bosnian govt. as they were the recipients of aid. I'm sure they would not be very glad due to discontinuation of much needed aid.

As per my estimates based on my friends... Bosnian govt. is spending a lot on police.

BTW.. Bosnian govt. is not all Muslim, its 50-50 and its not only Muslims living in Bosnia.

Quote from above article...

The aid was used mainly to fight poverty and in health, infrastructure and culture, ambassador Eid bin Mohammed al-Thaqafi was quoted as saying by the state news agency Fena.

Quote from above article...

Thats nice ! :tup:

Keep up the good work; the next step, I presume, would be to go for a more robust & dignified economic relationship between KSA & Bosnia !

Thats nice ! :tup:

Keep up the good work; the next step, I presume, would be to go for a more robust & dignified economic relationship between KSA & Bosnia !

Few months ago the head of the Saudi ecominc fund foundation was in Bosnia to discuss bilateral investment oburtuinties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom