What's new

Saudi Arabia detains 10 princes, dozens of former ministers

I need to read up on him.

Intersting. I saw a picture of him years ago and got this visceral gut-feeling of disgust.

Is she Saudi? She kinda looks like this girl

Plenty of material out there. He was an important ruler of his time in the Middle East, Muslim world and world overall.

I try not to judge people's character by their appearance but indeed Al-Waleed has always given out a vibe of a fraudster. Must be the Armenian in hime. Just joking.:lol:

Yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ameera_al-Taweel

Is he the same guy, who setup Tuwarqi steel in Pakistan?

No, not the same person bro.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saud_of_Saudi_Arabia#Personal_life

Saud had 115 children. Did this guy spend his whole reign in the bedroom??? How does anyone get anything done with that much loving going on?!

I would like to know although I don't plan having that many children. In all seriousness, there is plenty of time for such errands even as a ruler. Let's not say more on this topic, lol.

Anyway King Saud was a very bad king. There was a reason why he died in exile in Athens.

I do like one of his daughters (Basmah)

She is clever too:

She is into her mid 50's there. Doing rather well.

Anyway as far as I am concerned it's all MbS for me.:lol: MbS can start his own dynasty and cut the rest of the family off.

English troll. English. That video is harmless fun but it's not from KSA I am afraid. What has this to do with the thread again?

This father and son team in their haste are finally destroying the very foundations on which rule of House of Sauds was built. I was waiting for this.. great news.. finally these bloody saudis are heading fast down the drain.

Useless trolls leaving their caves to defecate in public. Not surprised. Some cleaning is due.

King Salman has appointed Rear Admiral Fahad al-Ghafili as commander of the Royal Saudi Navy by a Royal Order.

DN0dUeQWsAEv8V7.jpg

Great choice.

Adel al-Faqieh has finally been removed too! The news just got better and better.

"King Salman has relieved Minister of Economy and Planning, Adel al-Faqieh, from his duties by a Royal Order. http://ara.tv/2f8bu"

DN0cjVGWkAE_gqm.jpg

King Salman has appointed Prince Khalid bin Ayyaf as Minister of the National Guard through a Royal Order http://ara.tv/2f8bu

DN0cGB7W4AEfY2i.jpg

@Arabi

He is just consolidating power - by taking down anyone who opposes him (or could have more influence than him) - religious or secular. It (probably) has nothing to do with corruption.

He is just consolidating power - by taking down anyone who opposes him (or could have more influence than him) - religious or secular. It (probably) has nothing to do with corruption.

Even if we assume that you are right (which is not the case with at least a few of those names as corruption allegations have been aimed at them long before MbS even became a public figure) it is a very good thing in a key period for KSA and its unprecedented (modern era or recent era at least) changes on the economic, social, religious, political and judicial front.

The state and its well-being must always have the priority rather than the interests of a few influential figures. This sends an extremely strong message that no matter your status, position or wealth, you will be a target if you engage in corruption or try to undermine the necessary changes that KSA is undergoing.

If MbS had used a soft hand, the problem (s) might have grown bigger.

It makes no sense for MbS to create such powerful enemies if there is no evidence for any wrongdoings.

BTW those are changes approved by King Salman. As I wrote earlier he is probably trying to secure the future of MbS and rightly so. Which is why I believe that he should abdicate before he passes away to ensure a smooth transfer of power and not to disrupt the ongoing changes or future ones.

You never know what agenda another possible claimant to the throne would have. Would he undermine what has been done? Would he appeal to the conservatives and in turn shoot himself, the people and country in the foot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is interesting. The hammer is coming down hard on anyone who stands in the way of reform. There are no empty gestures here. But still, what could al Waleed bin Talal have done to be arrested? Time will tell.

This is what confuses me as well. I mean Al-Waleed being included on that list and thus being apprehended. I can understand the other ones but not this one. Even less so after the long interview that he gave to CNBC less than 2 weeks ago where he praised King Salman's and MbS' reforms.

I don't see Al-Waleed as a threat to MbS but rather as a prince (he is not part of the government and never was from what I recall) who for a long time has been calling for reforms in KSA. People can like or dislike his personality or his drive for more wealth (one of the richest people in the world don't achieve what they do by not having a drive) but I always saw him as a potential asset.

Anyway we will probably/hopefully find out what this is about.

i think they were arrested for political reasons and corruption is used as excuse to fool public.present Saudi king and crown prince are also involved in corruption but they are not answerable to anyone

Unbelievable news coming out of Saudi Arabia , Waleed bin Talal is one of the most powerful people in the world.

MBS has been watching too much Game Of Thrones i think. Making too many enemies too quickly

audi Arabia has detained 10 princes and dozens of former ministers through its newly formed anti-corruption committee, Saudi-owned Al Arabiya TV reported Saturday, citing unnamed sources.

The new committee, headed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was formed by royal decree hours earlier on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Saudi King Salman on Saturday sacked three senior state officials, the latest in a series of shake-ups in the world's top oil exporter.

Salman relieved Prince Moteib bin Abdullah of his post as minister of the National Guard, replacing him with Khaled bin Ayaf, the official Saudi news agency SPA reported.

Minister of Economy and Planning Adel al-Faqieh was replaced by Mohammed al-Tuwaijri, SPA said, quoting a royal decree.

Commander of the Saudi Navy, Abdullah al-Sultan, was replaced with Fahad al-Ghafli.

No official explanation was given for the sackings.

In recent months, the Saudi monarch has carried out a string of reshuffles appointing young people in senior state posts.

Dailysabah

Well done MBS, that's what we really need.
Is this really a shakeup to make Saudi Arabia better or to consolidate power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saud_of_Saudi_Arabia#Personal_life

Saud had 115 children. Did this guy spend his whole reign in the bedroom??? How does anyone get anything done with that much loving going on?!
What's the population of Saudi compared to India and Pakistan loooool

i think they were arrested for political reasons and corruption is used as excuse to fool public.present Saudi king and crown prince are also involved in corruption but they are not answerable to anyone

Justice is only appreciated when it is applied to everyone.

MbS is basically a guy who is impressed with the way UAE works(or backed by them), and is trying to make Saudi Arabia like Dubai.

He is taking everyone down, religious or not, who might seem like a threat to his power. Nothing to admire about it, especially considering how he wants red sea resorts where islamic rulings wouldnt apply (like they do to the rest of KSA). This itself is should be an indication that this (young) and inexperienced guy is on a power trip who might be making changes too fast which could lead to destabilization of the whole region.

Just look at his last venture in Yemen, that went really great.

Last edited:
Justice is only appreciated when it is applied to everyone.

MbS is basically a guy who is impressed with the way UAE works(or backed by them), and is trying to make Saudi Arabia like Dubai.

He is taking everyone down, religious or not, who might seem like a threat to his power. Nothing to admire about it, especially considering how he wants red sea resorts where islamic rulings wouldnt apply like to the rest of the region. This itself is should be an indication that this (young) and inexperienced guy is on a power trip who might be making changes too fast which could lead to destabilization of the whole region.

Just look at his last venture in Yemen, that went really great.
Dubai is full of prostitutes and hookers stand next to musjids. I guess that's what you want.

Dubai is full of prostitutes and hookers stand next to musjids. I guess that's what you want.

Thats what the new king Salman wants. He is too young to have his own perspective on matters. Saudi arabia has been like that switching back and forth - being westernized then back to their teachings for the past couple of decades.

Back
Top Bottom