What's new

Saudi Arabia Declines U.N. Security Council Seat

Do you think Saudi Arabia was right for rejecting the U.N. Council seat?

• Total voters
The bitter truth is, its UNSC which has averted any major war.Think about it, any action taken by a major global power if not agreeable to another global power will result in conflict.VETO is the only thing these global powers keep each other in check.IS it fair.....NO.is it neccessary.....YES

The UNSC is not fair, and the veto power is not fair.

That is true. But it's because the world itself is not fair. And it has never been.

Well said. Future belongs to people who knows how to take charge and make things happen. By refusing to participate in this farce can be an effective first step.

Well said. Future belongs to people who knows how to take charge and make things happen. By refusing to participate in this farce can be an effective first step.

Which is why the Sunni world need to unite fully or at least much more than it is today. As a single united body it can rival any power and has an tremendous potential. Single united body in terms of politics, cooperation etc. Or the Muslim world.

The Arab world if fully united and peaceful would be a formidable power alone. Certainly in terms of potential.

All the major countries who have no veto rights such as Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Canada, Germany, Italy, Turkey, KSA, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Nigeria, Philippines, Bangladesh, Japan, South Korea, Australia, South Africa, Egypt, GCC member states etc. should unite and demand changes and more influence as they deserve and should have.

Look at the G-20 major economies. Only 5 of them have the veto right.

G-20 major economies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which is why the Sunni world need to unite fully or at least much more than it is today. As a single united body it can rival any power and has an tremendous potential. Single united body in terms of politics, cooperation etc. Or the Muslim world.

The Arab world if fully united and peaceful would be a formidable power alone. Certainly in terms of potential.

All the major countries who have no veto rights such as Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Canada, Germany, Italy, Turkey, KSA, India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Nigeria, Philippines, Bangladesh, Japan, South Korea, Australia, South Africa, Egypt, GCC member states etc. should unite and demand changes and more influence as they deserve and should have.

Every power in the world is zealously guarding their position, making sure that the next guy does not become an equal. But like time and tide no world power will be able to stem the force of change and history.

USA/EU is pretty much one in NATO and they already have 3 veto power. Russia and China each has one. None of these P5 are interested to give up their privilege. But eventually, everyone will have to accept the emergence of a multi-polar world.

This is why I presented a road map long back that divides the world into seven regional blocs:
NATO
Latin American Union
India
China+Taiwan
Eurasia+
African Union-GCC+
ASEAN+

This grouping is based on geographic proximity, not religion and I think it has the greatest long term potential to take shape.

Sunni Muslims are influential in last 3 of these groups and can work as a glue to unite these 3 regions. So yes, I agree that Sunni Muslims must play leadership role in these 3 regions, to unite and integrate the economies of these regions, regardless of how the rest of the world feel about it.

The secret of power is in efficient govt. system that can enhance the productivity of an educated and well nourished population. Once we, the powerless of the world today, can attain raw power, it is only then we can remake the system and make it into a fair one, till then all is wishful thinking.

We are allready doing it. :lol:
Uniting for Consensus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Never knew about that. Good initiative although it seems that it plays no role. Unfortunately. Do they serve authentic Arab (Yemeni) coffee in that coffee club?:lol:

Nothing like Arab coffee once you are awaken.

:coffee:

Every power in the world is zealously guarding their position, making sure that the next guy does not become an equal. But like time and tide no world power will be able to stem the force of change and history.

USA/EU is pretty much one in NATO and they already have 3 veto power. Russia and China each has one. None of these P5 are interested to give up their privilege. But eventually, everyone will have to accept the emergence of a multi-polar world.

This is why I presented a road map long back that divides the world into seven regional blocs:
NATO
Latin American Union
India
China+Taiwan
Eurasia+
African Union-GCC+
ASEAN+

This grouping is based on geographic proximity, not religion and I think it has the greatest long term potential to take shape.

Sunni Muslims are influential in last 3 of these groups and can work as a glue to unite these 3 regions. So yes, I agree that Sunni Muslims must play leadership role in these 3 regions, to unite and integrate the economies of these regions, regardless of how the rest of the world feel about it.

The secret of power is in efficient govt. system that can enhance the productivity of an educated and well nourished population. Once we, the powerless of the world today, can attain raw power, it is only then we can remake the system and make it into a fair one, till then all is wishful thinking.

I agree with you bro. What I also have been a long proponent of is bigger Arab/Muslim-Latin American cooperation. We Arabs have a huge presence in Latin America. From Mexico in the north to Argentina in the South. 20-30 million people of Arab descent (mostly Christian but a significant Muslim sector too) are present.

For example the world richest man is a Mexican-Arab. Shakira, Salma Hayek other ones. They are present and very successful. Many Latin American presidents and prime ministers of Arab descent.

Just ask our Latin American members here and they can confirm that.

I believe @RFS_Br even talked about those issues.

Most Latin Americans also tend to be pro-Arab in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict by nature too. They don't have a hostile view of Islam either. They are likewise emerging and resourceful markets that are neutral although with a slightly anti-American stance which could benefit us should we one day decide to gamble on two horses. I don't think that you can trust the Americans fully unfortunately. Unless you are Great Britain or EU.

Japan is a totally black hole as well for most Muslim countries. From what I know of at least. There are many more potential allies out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never knew about that. Good initiative although it seems that it plays no role. Unfortunately. Do they serve authentic Arab (Yemeni) coffee in that coffee club?:lol:

Nothing like Arab coffee once you are awaken.

:coffee:

I agree with you bro. What I also have been a long proponent of is bigger Arab/Muslim-Latin American cooperation. We Arabs have a huge presence in Latin America. From Mexico in the north to Argentina in the South. 20-30 million people of Arab descent (mostly Christian but a significant Muslim sector too) are present.

For example the world richest man is a Mexican-Arab. Shakira, Salma Hayek other ones. They are present and very successful. Many Latin American presidents and prime ministers of Arab descent.

Just ask our Latin American members here and they can confirm that.

I believe @RFS_Br even talked about those issues.

Most Latin Americans also tend to be pro-Arab in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict by nature too. They don't have a hostile view of Islam either. They are likewise emerging and resourceful markets that are neutral although with a slightly anti-American stance which could benefit us should we one day decide to gamble on two horses. I don't think that you can trust the Americans fully unfortunately. Unless you are Great Britain or EU.

Japan is a totally black hole as well for most Muslim countries. From what I know of at least. There are many more potential allies out there.

Note that the G4 nations that they are planning to give permanent membership (with veto?) of UNSC are: Brazil, Germany, India and Japan, not one is a Muslim nation. Germany is a part of NATO, Japan is a major non-NATO ally, Brazil is under Monroe Doctrine and India is slowly turning into an ally, which they are working on, via second tier countries like Japan, France etc. Since they have broken Muslim powers centuries back, they want to make sure, we can never rise and will block every avenue.
Monroe Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japan is a major pillar of West's East Asia presence. They are planning to rearm Japan to balance China, since Shinzo Abe got elected.

I knew about Carlos Slim Helu, the richest guy in the world from Mehico, but didn't know that there are 6 million Muslims in Latin America, mostly of Lebanese descent as you said:
Lebanese diaspora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Latin American Muslims - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latin America is a mess mainly due to US meddling, yes they do not like the "Anglo's" much and enemy of "Anglo" is their friend. Late Hugo Chavez was a great example of that, I think that is the general sentiment in the region.

The thing about Latin America is that it is US backyard, so they may do business with others in the rest of the world, but their linguistic, cultural and religious anchor is with Spain and Portugal, both EU countries. In terms of genes, 80% are Mestizo (mix between Europeans and local Amerindians), 5-10% are unmixed Europeans and about 10-15% are unmixed Amerindians. The elite is mostly of European descent, despite some immigrant presence like Lebanese, Chinese, Japanese and Koreans. So Latin America, in my opinion, will not be able to get involved with any security alliance with countries that are not in the Americas.

Just like the Chinese are doing brisk business in Latin America, the rest of the world can also do business, because that is the global free trade model promoted by the US. Even defense purchases are not objected to by the US, but any security alliance of any Latin American countries with outsider countries who are not in the Americas, will be resisted by the US, due to Monroe Doctrine and its corollaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that the G4 nations that they are planning to give permanent membership (with veto?) of UNSC are: Brazil, Germany, India and Japan, not one is a Muslim nation. Germany is a part of NATO, Japan is a major non-NATO ally, Brazil is under Monroe Doctrine and India is slowly turning into an ally, which they are working on, via second tier countries like Japan, France etc. Since they have broken Muslim powers centuries back, they want to make sure, we can never rise and will block every avenue.
Monroe Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japan is a major pillar of West's East Asia presence. They are planning to rearm Japan to balance China, since Shinzo Abe got elected.

I knew about Carlos Slim Helu, the richest guy in the world from Mehico, but didn't know that there are 6 million Muslims in Latin America, mostly of Lebanese descent as you said:
Lebanese diaspora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Latin American Muslims - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latin America is a mess mainly due to US meddling, yes they do not like the "Anglo's" much and enemy of "Anglo" is their friend. Late Hugo Chavez was a great example of that, I think that is the general sentiment in the region.

The thing about Latin America is that it is US backyard, so they may do business with others in the rest of the world, but their linguistic, cultural and religious anchor is with Spain and Portugal, both EU countries. In terms of genes, 80% are Mestizo (mix between Europeans and local Amerindians), 5-10% are unmixed Europeans and about 10-15% are unmixed Amerindians. The elite is mostly of European descent, despite some immigrant presence like Lebanese, Chinese, Japanese and Koreans. So Latin America, in my opinion, will not be able to get involved with any security alliance with countries that are not in the Americas.

Just like the Chinese are doing brisk business in Latin America, the rest of the world can also do business, because that is the global free trade model promoted by the US. Even defense purchases are not objected to by the US, but any security alliance of any Latin American countries with outsider countries who are not in the Americas, will be resisted by the US, due to Monroe Doctrine and its corollaries.

Not sure I agree with that particular analysis bro for once.

Yes, you can partially argue that South America is the backyard of USA but then not again. Most states in South America have a very good relationship with what we all would consider as American rivals on the international seen.

I would claim that Central American and the Carribean Sea is more of an American backyard then anything. Argentina for example or Brazil not so much.

The 25-30 million descendants of Arabs that live in Latin America should make a good starting ground for closer cooperation. But we don't even have to have any connections to them. I mostly view it in terms of business relations. Usually once you establish a good economic relationship the rest will come slowly.

I would not rule it out completely. I believe (I am seeing this from the GCC and the Sunni Arab and Sunni world) that relations with Latin America could be much more prolific in one way or another.

I for once know that many Arabs inclusive myself have a very easy time to come together with Latin Americans. I don't know how to explain it. I hear it from many other Arabs. Maybe it is the shared Arab ancestry, the huge influence of Arabic on Spanish language and partially culture (up to 25% of all Spanish words have an Arabic root), that some of us kind of look similar etc. There is just something there.

More than with the Japanese or South Koreans for example. Much more.

5% of all Latin Americans are of Arab descent.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/the_arabs_of_south_america.html

Ignore the anti-Muslim and pro-Christian sentiments and lame excuses for success because of that!

This link is better and more accurate:

http://ngcco.wordpress.com/2013/03/...-america-has-had-8-presidents-of-arab-origin/

AFRICA is also a continent that we should focus much more on. Especially the Muslim countries. It's kind of sad how this continues to be the forgotten continent while arguably being one of the most important ones in terms of resources, future development, potential etc.

Not sure I agree with that particular analysis bro for once.

Yes, you can partially argue that South America is the backyard of USA but then not again. Most states in South America have a very good relationship with what we all would consider as American rivals on the international seen.

I would claim that Central American and the Carribean Sea is more of an American backyard then anything. Argentina for example or Brazil not so much.

The 25-30 million descendants of Arabs that live in Latin America should make a good starting ground for closer cooperation. But we don't even have to have any connections to them. I mostly view it in terms of business relations. Usually once you establish a good economic relationship the rest will come slowly.

I would not rule it out completely. I believe (I am seeing this from the GCC and the Sunni Arab and Sunni world) that relations with Latin America could be much more prolific in one way or another.

I for once know that many Arabs inclusive myself have a very easy time to come together with Latin Americans. I don't know how to explain it. I hear it from many other Arabs. Maybe it is the shared Arab ancestry, the huge influence of Arabic on Spanish language and partially culture (up to 25% of all Spanish words have an Arabic root), that some of us kind of look similar etc. There is just something there.

More than with the Japanese or South Koreans for example. Much more.

5% of all Latin Americans are of Arab descent.

Articles: The Arabs of South America

Ignore the anti-Muslim and pro-Christian sentiments and lame excuses for success because of that!

This link is better and more accurate:

Did you know? Latin America has had 8 presidents of Arab origin | ngc blog

AFRICA is also a continent that we should focus much more on. Especially the Muslim countries. It's kind of sad how this continues to be the forgotten continent while arguably being one of the most important ones in terms of resources, future development, potential etc.

We can always agree to disagree on some points bro, that is only healthy and natural, as we are individuals.:)

On Latin America, rather than saying US backyard under Monroe Doctrine and corollaries, I should rather say that it will remain highly influenced by NATO/Western bloc, but it may retain some independent streak, as it does now and have substantial business relationship with others like Chinese, Arabs/Muslims as well as others.

I am glad that you are thinking in these lines, which is spheres of influence etc., because many of us Muslims are so bogged down with our country and regional problems, scarcely any of us have the luxury to think in these broad world-wide geopolitical terms. But usually the fate of all people are decided on the wider world stage, as the world gets smaller every passing day.

25-30 million people of Arab descent is a big number, so they can potentially play a huge role, as big a role as 6% Muslims in EU for example. There is however several caveats. One is the role of Arab Christians. From personal experience, I find them hostile to the Muslim world in general, just like any other people who lived under centuries of Muslim rule, like Armenians for example. The other reservation about Latin America I have is a peculiar one, which I share with Koreans. The Mestizo group of people are essentially a nice hard working bunch, but they lack in some peculiar ways compared with other people. This is how a Korean described it to me. There are people in this world who know that they lack abilities and are as a result humble and are willing to follow people who have more abilities, but there are people who suffer from delusions of grandeur and do not have a realistic judgement of their own abilities and hence are not willing to follow others who may have superior abilities than them. There are two main groups of delusional people on this planet:

1. Iranic indo-aryans that stretch from Iran to India (upper castes)
2. Amerindians and Mestizo who descended from Amerindians

So according to this strange theory expressed by a Korean I know, it is best to limit contact with these two groups, as it might cause future harm and damage to the people who get involved with them.

Now, Amerindians are actually genetically related to North East Asian Siberians, such as Chukchi's who are not too far removed from East Asians such as proto-Turks, Mongols and Tungusics, so why they have "degraded" in this way, according to some, is kind of speculative:
Genetic history of indigenous peoples of the Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
New World Settlers Took 20,000-Year Pit Stop
Haplogroup Q-M242 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also happen to live among Latinos here in a big city in the US and face them everyday. Sometimes the experience can be trying to say the least, specially the driving habit on the freeways. I do not want to sound like a racist, but I see a distinct difference when I drive from a Latino dominated area to a white dominated area for example. I went to Tijuana and a few other cities down South, and as soon as we crossed the border, the difference is like night and day. I felt as if I was somewhere in South Asia, and I do not mean that as a complement.

As for similarity in looks, yes there is that element, sometimes I am mistaken as one of them, by people who are not very familiar with South Asians, so living among these people is comfortable in that sense, I can fit in and not stick out like a sore thumb, as I would among other people.

In any event, I think while we Muslims should concentrate on business related spheres of influence on all parts of the globe, I think we should try to extend our security related spheres of influence where we have more historical link and population advantage:

ASEAN: close to 50% Muslim and if we can include Bangladesh in ASEAN (we have 200 mile land border with Burma/Myanmar), then ASEAN becomes majority Muslim. After the West is defeated in a cold war struggle of preeminence with China, Japan and Koreas may lean much more towards ASEAN under a Chinese regional leadership

Eurasia: Turkey to Pakistan and Central Asia in the North is a Muslim dominated area with significant Shia. These population should be used to anchor Russia with Muslims more closely so than China or EU. This entire area is also majority Muslim. You probably read from Arab historians account that the Rus were weighing their options between Christianity and Islam and they chose Christianity around a 1000 years back.

Arab League+SubSaharan Africa: also a majority Muslim area, although there is several races going on here. One is Christianization to curve out a Christian part of middle and southern Africa and another is Shia's are active in some areas converting Sunni's. These have to be tackled in an intelligent way, not the way by yahoo's like Al-shabbab or Boko Haram.

Much more than land and mineral resources, I see efficient governance and human creativity as the main source of wealth and power:
The Secrets of Intangible Wealth - WSJ.com
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTEEI/214578-1110886258964/20748034/All.pdf
http://s3.amazonaws.com/caa-production/attachments/119/C_Page30to33_Cobb.pdf?1366918944
http://www-wds.worldbank.org/extern...58349_20130326131617/Rendered/PDF/wps6391.pdf
http://www.princeton.edu/~reinhard/pdfs/WEALTH-ECON-100-2002May-15-2010.pdf[/QUOTE]

Subsaharan Africa is where the future human population growth will be and this is where the focus should be, more than others I believe. Arabs can be the visionary here to turn this region into a power-house, while Pakistan and Turkey can do that jointly with Iran and Russia in Eurasia, whereas in East Asia, Indonesia, Malaysia and Bangladesh can play that role. We should not overstretch, but I think this is within our scope, if we help each other in our efforts, play our cards right and use the brains Allah (SWT) has given us.

I see the above 3 areas as the main pillar for future Muslim sphere of influence and security structure, while the rest of the world being important mainly for business activities.

We can always agree to disagree on some points bro, that is only healthy and natural, as we are individuals.:)

On Latin America, rather than saying US backyard under Monroe Doctrine and corollaries, I should rather say that it will remain highly influenced by NATO/Western bloc, but it may retain some independent streak, as it does now and have substantial business relationship with others like Chinese, Arabs/Muslims as well as others.

I am glad that you are thinking in these lines, which is spheres of influence etc., because many of us Muslims are so bogged down with our country and regional problems, scarcely any of us have the luxury to think in these broad world-wide geopolitical terms. But usually the fate of all people are decided on the wider world stage, as the world gets smaller every passing day.

25-30 million people of Arab descent is a big number, so they can potentially play a huge role, as big a role as 6% Muslims in EU for example. There is however several caveats. One is the role of Arab Christians. From personal experience, I find them hostile to the Muslim world in general, just like any other people who lived under centuries of Muslim rule, like Armenians for example. The other reservation about Latin America I have is a peculiar one, which I share with Koreans. The Mestizo group of people are essentially a nice hard working bunch, but they lack in some peculiar ways compared with other people. This is how a Korean described it to me. There are people in this world who know that they lack abilities and are as a result humble and are willing to follow people who have more abilities, but there are people who suffer from delusions of grandeur and do not have a realistic judgement of their own abilities and hence are not willing to follow others who may have superior abilities than them. There are two main groups of delusional people on this planet:

1. Iranic indo-aryans that stretch from Iran to India (upper castes)
2. Amerindians and Mestizo who descended from Amerindians

So according to this strange theory expressed by a Korean I know, it is best to limit contact with these two groups, as it might cause future harm and damage to the people who get involved with them.

Now, Amerindians are actually genetically related to North East Asian Siberians, such as Chukchi's who are not too far removed from East Asians such as proto-Turks, Mongols and Tungusics, so why they have "degraded" in this way, according to some, is kind of speculative:
Genetic history of indigenous peoples of the Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
New World Settlers Took 20,000-Year Pit Stop
Haplogroup Q-M242 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also happen to live among Latinos here in a big city in the US and face them everyday. Sometimes the experience can be trying to say the least, specially the driving habit on the freeways. I do not want to sound like a racist, but I see a distinct difference when I drive from a Latino dominated area to a white dominated area for example. I went to Tijuana and a few other cities down South, and as soon as we crossed the border, the difference is like night and day. I felt as if I was somewhere in South Asia, and I do not mean that as a complement.

As for similarity in looks, yes there is that element, sometimes I am mistaken as one of them, by people who are not very familiar with South Asians, so living among these people is comfortable in that sense, I can fit in and not stick out like a sore thumb, as I would among other people.

In any event, I think while we Muslims should concentrate on business related spheres of influence on all parts of the globe, I think we should try to extend our security related spheres of influence where we have more historical link and population advantage:

ASEAN: close to 50% Muslim and if we can include Bangladesh in ASEAN (we have 200 mile land border with Burma/Myanmar), then ASEAN becomes majority Muslim. After the West is defeated in a cold war struggle of preeminence with China, Japan and Koreas may lean much more towards ASEAN under a Chinese regional leadership

Eurasia: Turkey to Pakistan and Central Asia in the North is a Muslim dominated area with significant Shia. These population should be used to anchor Russia with Muslims more closely so than China or EU. This entire area is also majority Muslim. You probably read from Arab historians account that the Rus were weighing their options between Christianity and Islam and they chose Christianity around a 1000 years back.

Arab League+SubSaharan Africa: also a majority Muslim area, although there is several races going on here. One is Christianization to curve out a Christian part of middle and southern Africa and another is Shia's are active in some areas converting Sunni's. These have to be tackled in an intelligent way, not the way by yahoo's like Al-shabbab or Boko Haram.

Much more than land and mineral resources, I see efficient governance and human creativity as the main source of wealth and power:
The Secrets of Intangible Wealth - WSJ.com
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTEEI/214578-1110886258964/20748034/All.pdf
http://s3.amazonaws.com/caa-production/attachments/119/C_Page30to33_Cobb.pdf?1366918944
http://www-wds.worldbank.org/extern...58349_20130326131617/Rendered/PDF/wps6391.pdf
http://www.princeton.edu/~reinhard/pdfs/WEALTH-ECON-100-2002May-15-2010.pdf

Subsaharan Africa is where the future human population growth will be and this is where the focus should be, more than others I believe. Arabs can be the visionary here to turn this region into a power-house, while Pakistan and Turkey can do that jointly with Iran and Russia in Eurasia, whereas in East Asia, Indonesia, Malaysia and Bangladesh can play that role. We should not overstretch, but I think this is within our scope, if we help each other in our efforts, play our cards right and use the brains Allah (SWT) has given us.

I see the above 3 areas as the main pillar for future Muslim sphere of influence and security structure, while the rest of the world being important mainly for business activities.

Exactly.:D

You might be correct in that analysis. For that reason I believe that we Muslim countries, China and others should try to make our influence much more clear in Latin America.

Many are also Muslims. The Christian Arabs are good people. At least my experience tells me that. Mostly educated too. Proud of who they are. Ancient group of people in the Arab world that lived side by side by with their Muslim kin. Don't forget that Judaism and Christianity are also Abrahamic religions and that they are considered people of the book and should be respected. Sure there are a few Islamphobes among them but don't we Muslims have the same kind of persons among us?

As I told a few times before then I have only lived 1 year in the US and that was in California where I encountered a lot of Latin Americans (a few of them of Arab ancestry) and I clicked well with them. Sure, their community suffer from discrimination, higher crime rates, gang related crimes, drug trafficking etc. which holds them back. But obviously I do not have a comparable knowledge on those issues as much as you have - an individual living in LA. Among Latin Americans as you say.

Yes, ties to South East Asia should be further expanded. Here once again we Arabs at least can play a role (millions of people of Arab ancestry in Malaysia and Indonesia and we are well-liked there) although the main role should be those countries you mentioned that border the region more closely. Although we (KSA) at least have excellent relations from my knowledge a few from some incidents here and there.

Regarding the few hundred conversions from Islam to Shia in Nigeria then that should not even be an issue IMO.

I agree with your view of the regions and who should influence who.

Yes, regarding the story of the Rus then they declined Islam (or where it the Khazars?) because they were unable to give up alcohol and swine meat. They were not disciplined enough.

Yes, Africa is a huge market. I would like to see bigger cooperation between the Horn of Africa, the Swahili Coastline etc. were Islam and Arab culture has its presence. But once again it takes initiatives, compromises and actual investments to do all that. From my knowledge then China is the leading investor in Africa outside of the former European colonies (UK, France).

In general I would like some "out of the box" thinking for once. Let every Muslim ethnic group/country use its religious/historical/linguistic/ancestral/cultural influences in areas where cooperation can become greater due to those issues. After all making friends is better than making enemies. And if it benefits the Muslim nation and the various Muslim countries and people then who can say no?

But we should bear in mind, as you also rightly wrote in earlier posts, that we have 2-3 world powers who would not be interested in such a powerful Muslim world. So the solution is becoming smarter than them. Education is the only way forward. And more education.

We Middle Eastern people of great civilizations belonging to great people have nothing to envy anyone. Our part of the world (Middle East and other areas) were the most powerful areas of the world and most developed for THOUSANDS of years.

We can be that again. Do we have the numbers? Yes. Do we have the land mass? Yes. Do we have the resources? Yes. Do we also have many problems and some important lacks? Surely. But those should be solved. We can discuss them later in another topic if you want.

Anyway always a pleasure to write with you.

Well and I don't need to say it aloud that we both have a weakness for China and the Chinese.;)

Wonderful decision. Who can take this organization seriously anymore? Why is it that only 5 countries out of over 200 have a permanent seat and a veto right? Where is the democracy in that, LOL?

As I wrote in the other post.

Mostly because said five countries combined have:

1. 24.16% of the total land area of the world
2. 27.4% of the total population of the world
3. 43.2% of the total GDP of the world
4. 38.59% of the total industrial GDP of the world
5. 60.4% of the military budget of the world
6. 99% of the nuclear capacity
7. 99% of the ICBM in the world
Along with pretty much all advanced military hardware production, as well as basic military production like bullets, shells, etc.

France shares Saudi Arabia’s ‘frustration’ on Security Council

France said Friday it shared Saudi Arabia’s frustration on the U.N. Security Council after Riyadh rejected membership over “double-standards” in resolving world conflicts, namely Syria.
“We have an ongoing dialogue on the subject of Syria with Saudi Arabia. We share its frustration after the Security Council’s paralysis,” French foreign ministry spokesman Romain Nadal said, noting that France is proposing reforms to the council’s veto rights.

On Thursday, Saudi Arabia won, for the first time, a seat as a non-permanent member in the U.N. Security Council.
But Saudi Arabia on Friday refused to accept its rotating U.N. Security Council seat, saying the council is incapable of ending wars and resolving conflicts.
“The kingdom sees that the method and work mechanism and the double standards in the Security Council prevent it from properly shouldering its responsibilities towards world peace,” the foreign ministry said in a statement carried by state news agency SPA.

The Saudi Foreign Ministry blamed the Council for failing in its duties toward Syria. It said this has allowed Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to commit crimes against Syrian people without facing any punishment.
The ministry also said the Council has been unable to resolve the decades-long conflict between Palestinians and Israelis. It also criticized it for failing to transform the Middle East into a region free of mass destruction weapons.
If Saudi Arabia maintains its stance, the Asia-Pacific group of nations would have to propose a new candidate for the U.N. General Assembly to vote on.
“These things have to be decided by the group, and others, and I don’t know whether or not Saudi Arabia can be persuaded to assume its position,” said Pakistan’s U.N. envoy Masood Khan. Saudi Arabia was to replace Pakistan on the council.

Meanwhile, Russia on Friday sharply criticized Saudi Arabia for rejecting the U.N. membership, slamming the kingdoms “strange” argument that the body had failed over the Syria conflict.
“We are surprised by Saudi Arabia’s unprecedented decision,” the foreign ministry said in a statement.
“The kingdom’s arguments arouse bewilderment and the criticism of the U.N. Security Council in the context of the Syria conflict is particularly strange,” it added.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2013/10/19/France-shares-Saudi-Arabia-s-frustration-on-Security-Council.html

Back
Top Bottom