What's new

Saudi Arabia claims Iran is arming Houthis with Sayyad-2C SAMs

N_Al40

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
So after KSA put on display the supposed Sayyad-2C SAM, most experts and political analysts called bluff and dismissed it, as they did with Niki Haley's Iranian BM presentation to the UN.

Now the Sayyad-2C SAM is being viewed more closely...and it now looks authentic.

Bear in mind that despite B.T being wrong and being an outright liar 95% of the time, I have realized that with regards to Foreign Policy (especially towards regional countries) he is not an ideologue, actually seems to think properly, and defends Iran patriotically.

He too was of the view that the Sayyad-2C SAM was manufactured fake evidence; probably a RIM-66 repaint. Now however, he thinks its real.

Take a closer look at the video and pictures below.

This, in the words of @AmirPatriot is another Iranian strategic mistake, albeit a rare one.

Soooo,wheres all the other components of the sam system then?,you know like the fire control radar.....and the long range search radar?,I mean without at least the fire control radar all you`ve pretty much got is a ballistic missile,you certainly dont have a sam system.

Soooo,wheres all the other components of the sam system then?,you know like the fire control radar.....and the long range search radar?,I mean without at least the fire control radar all you`ve pretty much got is a ballistic missile,you certainly dont have a sam system.

The claim is that the Sayyad-2C is being used as a quasi-ballistic missile launched from a Badr-1

That is what was confusing at first. This missile most probably operates with terminal SARH, not an easy system to operate by a tribal militia. They would rather use IR-Manpads for lower altitude targets.

I feel this is a Saudi propaganda stunt, understandable, but if for sake of argument we agree that it is true then IRGC is preparing for an elongated conflict of attrition. May be in near future we will also witness Fateh/Zolfaghar family BM and Mobile ARH AD units operated by Houthis. May be LACM's as well. As I said before, its goes on.

LOL on people in this thread, undermining the Yemeni military capabilities. People should read about stuff before claiming something.

If BT is right the missile is old generation, a 4 year old missile, probably supplied in the early days of the conflict or possibly sold to Yemen Army.

While it’s possible Houthi rebels are using it on their own, it’s also possible Quds force/IRGC agents are on the ground assisting directly/indirectly.

Not sure what the purpose is without the FC radar unless they are able to use existing Yemen radar stations for target acquisition.

The CIA probably gave the Saudis the telephone number of a hollywood replica builder to make a Sayyad-2C for them.

At least this is what this show looks like.
There are details which show that this missile is just a mock-up. The only Sayyad-2C shown so far by the IRGC was a mock-up too.
There is a certain technology "style" Iranians have for this series of SAMs that they keep using on more advanced designs. One of those details is the fin actuator assembly and its maintenance access port. All real missiles from Sayyad-2A to Sayyad-3 up to Sayyad-4 of Bavar-373 have this design solution at that location of the missiles.
Only training mock-ups miss this feature and have a simple flush surface at that location.

It is next to impossible that this design solution was changed for the Sayyad-2C (but not Sayyad-3 nor Sayyad-4) for some reason.
It is also somewhat amateurish that the serial is just 7 missiles higher than the only Sayyad-2C (mock-up) shown so far...

The team that built the Saudi mock-up is quite good at that but the starting information for it was amateurishly flawed. The rest of the mock-up is quite good I must admit, cable channel, disassembled fins and the missing radome that creates a feeling of something real. A loss of a SARH guided Sayyad-2C would be quite bad for Iran, hence it might even have been a Iranian training mock-up for the Yemenis with interface and weight features for them to build a launcher for it. One thing is certain to me: It's certainly a mock-up and no technology loss has occurred.

There is also something like a ATGM launcher in the background, but it looks like quite crude Kornet mock-up (although they have at least one real Dehlaviye launcher).

Another point: It would be quite unprofessional to show a live round of a solid fuel missile during a press conference.

1. unequal distance between pair holes at 0:04 ( hand job )
2.look at the white colour on gray area at 0:17 ( ^^ )
3. there is a hole at 0:20 after "بخش هدایت و کنترل " look at the prominence برجستگی
of white paint colour beside that hole ( I'm 90% sure that these holes are made after this white colour painting :angel: )

There are details which show that this missile is just a mock-up.

The CIA probably gave the Saudis the telephone number of a hollywood replica builder to make a Sayyad-2C for them.

At least this is what this show looks like.
There are details which show that this missile is just a mock-up. The only Sayyad-2C shown so far by the IRGC was a mock-up too.
There is a certain technology "style" Iranians have for this series of SAMs that they keep using on more advanced designs. One of those details is the fin actuator assembly and its maintenance access port. All real missiles from Sayyad-2A to Sayyad-3 up to Sayyad-4 of Bavar-373 have this design solution at that location of the missiles.
Only training mock-ups miss this feature and have a simple flush surface at that location.

It is next to impossible that this design solution was changed for the Sayyad-2C (but not Sayyad-3 nor Sayyad-4) for some reason.
It is also somewhat amateurish that the serial is just 7 missiles higher than the only Sayyad-2C (mock-up) shown so far...

The team that built the Saudi mock-up is quite good at that but the starting information for it was amateurishly flawed. The rest of the mock-up is quite good I must admit, cable channel, disassembled fins and the missing radome that creates a feeling of something real. A loss of a SARH guided Sayyad-2C would be quite bad for Iran, hence it might even have been a Iranian training mock-up for the Yemenis with interface and weight features for them to build a launcher for it. One thing is certain to me: It's certainly a mock-up and no technology loss has occurred.

There is also something like a ATGM launcher in the background, but it looks like quite crude Kornet mock-up (although they have at least one real Dehlaviye launcher).

Another point: It would be quite unprofessional to show a live round of a solid fuel missile during a press conference.
I think the difference which you mentioned is between the C variant (rail launched) and M variant (canister launched) missiles.

Sayyad2C.jpg

سامانه های موشکی - آپارات
اقتدار هوایی ایران - آپارات

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom