What's new

Saudi Arabia announces formation of Islamic military coalition of 34 States.

Under what authority can the Saudi's announce such a coalition.

A military coalition can be announced under the umbrella of either the OIC or Arab League, that to if an imminent threat to the Islamic countries is proven.

Presently, I don't think that Arab's will make such a move to define such a threat, as it would be only be a non-muslim threat which would exist. Whole will prove such a threat.

If they want such a coalition only to protect KSA and it's interests, then it won't work.

This is the MOST Dumbest Post i ever Read ... Congratulations :cheers:

Huh really!!!.....
I have just read even more Dumbest post than that one.....guess which one is it.....
Calling Ppl kid and idiot is the way of discussion, that's the way to do it.

Regards

Last edited:
Ok, so shouldn't it have had a charter made first and then voting done to pass the charter after which a REAL coalition would (could) have formed?

However what KSA did is made and approved a charter and countries are joining in. I sincerely hope they have a say in amending the charter and it isn't like 'terms and conditions' tickbox when you purchase a Sim card else they will end up protecting the foreign policy of KSA alone

Pakistan should not join it (unless conditions mentioned above are fulfilled) as we already have pledged protection of Holy sites but shouldn't pledge protection of arrogant Saudi Elites policies

P.S: The news of military coalition forming could have had a massive impact and PR influence had they announced forming it and then made charter, then disclosed the highlights of charter, then announced a date for voting and then passed it with heavy majority while giving a press statement that 'we believe Muslims are being targeted in the name of terrorism world over - this is the moment it all ends!' *SIGH*

Odd, Gabon, Togo, and Benin are mostly Christian what are they doing there?

No it's beginning of creation of state of Palestine and end of those who have killed Muslims for past 60 years and its beginning of the end of Zionism
A few countries there recognize Israel, so what makes you think this alliance was formed against Israel? Besides, looking at how Arabs performed in the Arab Israeli wars for the past 60 years it seems like a waste of time.

Pakistan should actually be the leader of the Islamic world. Large population, nuclear weapons, great economic potential, etc. :-/ But Kashmir conflict and Taliban terrorism are absorbing Pakistan's power, concentration and resources. :(

Pakistan should actually be the leader of the Islamic world. Large population, nuclear weapons, great economic potential, etc. :-/ But Kashmir conflict and Taliban terrorism are absorbing Pakistan's power, concentration and resources. :(
I propose a system similar to that in anti piracy taskforces where leadership is rotated among contributing states after x amount of time
I think that by having an Islamic NATO we can tackle isis without giving them the western intervention on ground they crave

Under what authority can the Saudi's announce such a coalition.

A military coalition can be announced under the umbrella of either the OIC or Arab League, that to if an imminent threat to the Islamic countries is proven.

Presently, I don't think that Arab's will make such a move to define such a threat, as it would be only be a non-muslim threat which would exist. Whole will prove such a threat.

If they want such a coalition only to protect KSA and it's interests, then it won't work.

Joint statement of 34 countries.

Saudi Arabia on Tuesday announced the formation of a 34-state Islamic military coalition to combat terrorism, according to a joint statement published on state news agency SPA.

"The countries here mentioned have decided on the formation of a military alliance led by Saudi Arabia to fight terrorism, with a joint operations centre based in Riyadh to co-ordinate and support military operations," the statement said.

A long list of Arab countries such as Egypt, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, together with Islamic countries Turkey, Malaysia, Pakistan and Gulf Arab and African states were mentioned.

Saudi Arabia announces 34-country Islamic coalition to fight terrorism - Telegraph

Recently, US govt and EU are very upset, because GCC etc are more busy in Yemen and show no interest to strike ISIS bases. GCC strike rate is less then 2 percent compare to US and his allies. Even , NATO is pushing hard Turkey to take lead to strike ISIS, but Turkey for some reason show reservation.
Now US and EU is tired of this cat and mouse game. This new joint will be responsible to clear the region form ISIS. US and EU is literally tired of baby sitting arab countries.

What is Bangladesh, a secular country doing in it?

We cant deny if any monetary assistance is provided. After all we are also member of OIC. We wont leave a chance to increase our global presence. And we long have maintained ourselves in overseas duties. Military presence in Islamic countries in Syria against Israel, In Lebanon as UN peace troops, Sudan as UN, In Qatar, Kuwait as per their requirement, In gulf war on International side. And lastly if no money is provided we will keep on doing duty in BD to keep in check Islamic radicals in home :D

Last edited:
Well , there was a talk about " USA plane to make Sunistan instead of ISIS in Iraq and Syria " ... look like they put their plane in motion ...

Back
Top Bottom