What's new

Sanskrit Language: The Most Scientific, Ancient, Spiritual

karthik sri (if he's here) what's your say on this? when i was in Chennai for my studies, i used to have this as a question from my TamilIan friends, they used to say that Tamil is older than Sanskrit so why should we learn Hindi?

I sense this post is a trap :coffee: :devil:

Suffice to say that the exact origins of both Tamil and Sanskrit have not been established so it doesn't make sense to say which is the oldest.

For spiritual part it is true that the Vedas are in Sanskrit (even Vedic Sanskrit is different from the one that is use today which was codified by Panini, I have heard) and there are many spiritual works in Tamil too. For the Scientific I too have heard that Sanskrit is a well known language among the programmers for its recursive nature.

As for the reason thats why they did not learn Hindi, well it just goes to prove those guys did not know the true reason behind the Riots against the forceful imposition of Hindi back in the 60s. The reason was pre-dominantly an economical one with the cultural angle thrown inbetween.

Almost all works of Buddhism are in sanskrit only.

I guess they are in Pali and Prakrit..Not exactly in Sanskrit.

Why we learn Hindi is because, people close to Indo-Ganges plains multiplied to great numbers, by the time India got independence out numbered any other linguistic group.

Actually, the link language that we speak - the Bollywoodian Hindi is a dialect called "Hindustani". Its prevalence has more to do in post independence India with the proliferation of Bollywood - so it spread outside of Hindi belt to places like Maharashtra, Gujarat and Bengal as well. You can see that the only states which have strong regional cinemas are those of the south.

unbelievable!I have heard that Of all Sanskrit is very closely approaches telepathic language, because of its affinity to the fifty prim sounds.Unfortunately, that's too difficult for me to learn it.Just looking at it, I was dazzled by the complex word...

5d3f6bf7g9fc1b4338d01&690

4e4dbab0g936d6099d9b3&690

^ DO you want to raise the hackles of the secular brigade with that move ? :lol:

and Nair saab karthic would be the first one to raise to objection :D...... who dare challenge the singari Tamil...........

Its not "Singari" cos Singari has a different meaning altogether :eek:

Its "Singara".

BTW why will I raise an objection as long as it doesn't impinge on me ??. Morover according to the Indian constitution the language policy in the rest of India doesnt apply to Tamil Nadu.

Our policy is Jiyo aur Jeene do (I hope I got it right :D).

I and many others have learned Sanskrit without much problem, but we will be scratching our heads for years when it comes to Mandarin. Asian languages are much more difficult to learn than the Western languages.

Regarding the national language, there shouldn't be one for a country like India. Sanskrit is a nice option but our ruling Coalition might declare that Sanskrit is communal and Urdu or Pushto or maybe even Italian will be perfect for the harmony.

Its not "Singari" cos Singari has a different meaning altogether :eek:

Its "Singara".

oh its 3 years since i used it.... :P aa ka eee happened :P
BTW why will I raise an objection as long as it doesn't impinge on me ??. Morover according to the Indian constitution the language policy in the rest of India doesnt apply to Tamil Nadu.

Oh nothing just have a little history with Tamil Nadu.... :P
Our policy is Jiyo aur Jeene do (I hope I got it right :D).

yups :D.......... damn i have to learn tamil now....

I and many others have learned Sanskrit without much problem, but we will be scratching our heads for years when it comes to Mandarin. Asian languages are much more difficult to learn than the Western languages.

Regarding the national language, there shouldn't be one for a country like India. Sanskrit is a nice option but our ruling Coalition might declare that Sanskrit is communal and Urdu or Pushto or maybe even Italian will be perfect for the harmony.

Ask madamjee she will definetly vote for making Italian mother tougue of Indians as well as national language....

Reviving Sanskrit should be given impetus by the Indian Govt - of course the whole national language thing is rubbish. Can't force a language down anyone's throats. But the Israelis did revive Hebrew - so we too should work toward reviving Sanskrit.

It makes sense though, coz' Sanskrit arrived in India with the invasion of Aryans. Dravidian civilization must have developed an independent culture and language of their own. And Tamil scripts doesn't resemble Sanskrit even remotely.

Just my thought.

Tamil script has a history of evolution. But its widely believed to have originated from the Brahmi script.

Back
Top Bottom