What's new

Sanskrit Language: The Most Scientific, Ancient, Spiritual

I've heard Tamil is ancient than Sanskrit ?

Sanskrit is the oldest language in India. Tamil is the oldest living language in India. The exact date & time of evolution of these languages can never be found. The earliest work of Tamil that is unearthened is 'Tholkappiyam' that dates back to 2200 years. And Vedas in Sanskrit has evolved some 3500 years ago.

I can read Sanskrit, but can't make out anything out of it. :cheesy:

same here can read not understand

tamil and sanskrit are two of India's ancient languages, from which other languages originated.....and tamil is the oldest living language of the world...i.e it is the only oldest language that is still spoken

Lol anyone who knows hindi can read sanskrit but cannot make out anything apart from twisting the tougue. one of the biggest toungue twister languages where the single word can extend upto a 2 lines of a page...

i don't know Tamil is older than Sanskrit but Tamil and telugu was mentioned in (Valmeeki) Ramayana by Sugreeva while he's explaining the southern regions to Rama.

It is said that Brahma was the creator and introduced Sanskrit language to the Sages of celestial bodies. Therefore, this language is also called Dev Vani, which means the language of gods. It was during 18th century when a similarity between Sanskrit, Latin and Greek was found, which gave the reason to study and discover the relationship of all Indo-European languages. The earliest form of Sanskrit language was Vedic Sanskrit that came approximately around 1500-200 B.C. This was the period when knowledge was imparted orally through the generations.

karthik sri (if he's here) what's your say on this? when i was in Chennai for my studies, i used to have this as a question from my TamilIan friends, they used to say that Tamil is older than Sanskrit so why should we learn Hindi?

It makes sense though, coz' Sanskrit arrived in India with the invasion of Aryans. Dravidian civilization must have developed an independent culture and language of their own. And Tamil scripts doesn't resemble Sanskrit even remotely.

Just my thought.

^i dont know hindi......i had sanskrit as secont language in school coz it was easy ...you just have to mug up some sloka's and then write the entire paper in english...which suited me a lot...

It makes sense though, coz' Sanskrit arrived in India with the invasion of Aryans. Dravidian civilization must have developed an independent culture and language of their own. And Tamil scripts doesn't resemble Sanskrit even remotely.

Just my thought.

Aryan Invasion theory is already debunked......

You can read it because you know devanagiri i.e hindi. Sanskrit can be written in many language, kannada, bengali etc. It is a language not a script.

Om sarveshaam swastir bhavatu
Sarveshaam shantir bhavatu

Sarveshaam poornam bhavatu
Sarveshaam mangalam bhavatu

Sarve bhavantu sukhinah
Sarve santu niraamayaah

Sarve bhadraani pashyantu
Maakaschit duhkha bhaag bhavet

Meaning:

Auspiciousness (swasti) be unto all; peace (shanti) be unto all;
fullness (poornam) be unto all; prosperity (mangalam) be unto all.

May all be happy! (sukhinah)
May all be free from disabilities! (niraamayaah)

May all look (pashyantu)to the good of others!
May none suffer from sorrow! (duhkha)

Aryan Invasion theory is already debunked......

Don't think so, since there was a civilization in Kazakhstan which resembles Aryan civilization to a great extent. This proves the route of Aryan peoples invading ancient India.

Don't think so, since there was a civilization in Kazakhstan which resembles Aryan civilization to a great extent. This proves the route of Aryan peoples invading ancient India.

i have started with a thread for the same.... have a look at that .....

I know many pleasant Sanskrit songs&#65292;especially <hundred-syllable mantra> and<Prajna-paramita-hrdaya-sutra>.it's pretty good.And i know many Buddhist scriptures are written in Sanskrit, I just though they are very artistic.But I've never thought of Sanskrit is so magic.
:hitwall:Forgive my ignorance...

I know many pleasant Sanskrit songs&#65292;especially <hundred-syllable mantra> and<Prajna-paramita-hrdaya-sutra>.it's pretty good.And i know many Buddhist scriptures are written in Sanskrit, I just though they are very artistic.But I've never thought of Sanskrit is so magic.
:hitwall:Forgive my ignorance...

Almost all works of Buddhism are in sanskrit only.

Since the sanskrit has the complete grammer it is the reason that she is the best suited language for automated systems and computers.

Actual origins of sanskrit are still not known but it is called dev vani or the language of the gods. mythologically Shiva was the creator of the grammer and further Bhrama gave it to humans as per hindu religon.

Back
Top Bottom