What's new

Sania Mirza to marry Shoaib Malik?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:P
In mom’s wedding sari, Sania marries Shoaib
:P

Prajwal Hegde | TNN

SET & MATCH: Sania and Shoaib after the nikah on Monday; (below) Shoaib places the wedding ring on Sania’s finger

Hyderabad: After the highvoltage run-up to what’s being called the wedding of the season, tennis star Sania Mirza and Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik took their wedding vows in a simple ceremony before a select gathering of family and friends on Monday afternoon. The groom placed a sparkling solitaire on the bride’s ring finger to seal the union that came with a Rs 61 lakh meher, an amount promised to the bride in case of separation.

Sania, 23, draped in a tomato-red chiffon, embroidered end-to-end with heavy gold thread, said, ‘‘It’s the happiest day of my life. This whole experience, this joy, is yet to settle in.’’ Then with a blush, she added, ‘‘It takes time, you know.’’

Shoaib, 28, said, “I cannot tell you how happy I am. It’s a dream come true for me. I will treasure her for the rest of my life.’’

Despite the huge media buzz surrounding the wedding, the Mirzas — Nasima and Imran — had managed to keep details of the nikah under wraps. But the moment Sania, wearing her mother’s wedding sari, presented to Nasima by her groom 25 years ago, left her Jubilee Hills residence, media vehicles hit the roads in a frantic chase. Sania, a veil over her head, and wearing a heavy mix of diamond and rubies, was whisked in through the back entrance of the Taj Krishna hotel.

It was a harrowing buildup to the wedding for the Mirzas, but the family threw their weight behind Shoaib, who was embroiled in controversial divorce proceedings with another Hyderabadi. By the end of Monday evening, it was clear that the Mirzas were both stronger and wiser for the experience.

2 weddings, same sari, 25 yrs apart

Hyderabad: Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza ended up saying ‘Qabool hai’ three days ahead of their scheduled wedding date.

The reception though, is still listed for April 15. While Sania has turned to designer siblings Shantanu and Nikhil for her clothes for the reception in Hyderabad, and the one to follow in Pakistan, she had always wanted to wear her mother’s wedding sari for her own nikah.

She made that decision the moment she first laid eyes on Nasima’s sari as a teenager. Nasima had only worn the sari once, on her own wedding day almost 25 years ago, and then had locked it away until she pulled it out for her first-born.

Sania’s nikah, which had a gathering of less than 100 people, including the groom’s immediate family — mother Sultana Malik, three sisters and their families and younger brother — was held at the Taj Krishna grand ballroom.

In mom’s wedding sari, Sania marries Shoaib

Yeah! That's what happens when you have had to give Ms. Siddiqui Rs.15 crores. You have to cut down on everything else. :rofl:

A FAMILY AFFAIR
(Top) Sania’s father Imran Mirza and groom Shoaib during the nikah; (right) The couple pose after marriage;

SA N I A-S H OA I B | J U ST M A R R I E D

Why Mirzas Advanced The Nikah

After being in the media glare these past few days for all the wrong reasons, Sania Mirza and Shoaib Malik quietly get married three days before schedule to silence protesters, both religious and secular

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

The decision to advance the Sania-Shoaib wedding date was taken by the Mirzas as late as Sunday evening, a little more than 12 hours before the ceremony actually took place, sources said. Though the nikah had been fixed for April 15 (Thursday), the families had been feeling the heat from religious bodies and even NGOs raising various objections to the marriage.
An early nikah, the Mirzas reasoned, would silence these vocal critics.
It was on Sunday afternoon that the Sunni Ulema board had issued a fatwa raising objection to the proximity of the yet-to-bemarried Sania with Shoaib, who was staying in the Mirzas’ home in Hyderabad. On Saturday, some political parties and NGOs had publicly asked invitees to the wedding to boycott it. Sources said that the Mirzas were scouting for options to end the controversies around their daughter’s wedding and thus felt it was best the nikah was conducted even before other pre-marriage ceremonies started.
So, while the mehendi and the sangeet will be held as per schedule on April 13 and 14 followed by the reception on April 15, the nikah was performed much before any of the other rituals, a clear departure from the way weddings are conducted traditionally.
Rumours of an early nikah had been flying thick and fast since last week. Now, it is learned that the wedding was indeed meant to be held on April 9.
‘‘But that day, the qazi upset the plan by coming on various television channels announcing the time etc,’’ said a family source. But on Sunday evening, the family decided to end all such controversies and go ahead with the nikah.
‘‘There is no ritual of mehendi among Muslims but some families have started having it in the last few years. But those who have a mehendi function, keep it a day prior to the nikah, and certainly not after it,’’ said a senior Hyderabadi.

Congrats to Shoaib-Sania...

Quick question: Is this this thread is gonna close now or we have to discuss about their kids now ? lolzzz

Congrats to Both of them... And to India and Pakistan...

Shaoib ab India ka Jija G ho gya ha. Zabardast.

Yaar BTW what this Zaid Hamid's tag doing here!!!!

austrailia, ayesha, bollywood drama, clinton, cricket, free time, india, indian jealous, isi, jolie, lier, maoists, marriage, pakistan, raw, sania, shadi, shoaib, war, zaid hamid

astonishing. :lol:

KIT Over

Congrats to Shoaib-Sania...

Quick question: Is this this thread is gonna close now or we have to discuss about their kids now ? lolzzz

No... Its not... But obviously the number of replies will shrink.

You dont HAVE TO discuss anything... None is compelling you:taz:... But I think if they bear any offsprings certainly it will be worth discussing here.

KIT Over

getimage1d.jpg

Yikes! Hindu's style wedding?? It is definitely not Pakistan's wedding dress, Shoaib should know better! :blink:

never mind.

a part from the way he is wearing Garlands what else do you see non-pakistani? The dress is ok............ the fashion is all perfect/pakistani... didn't you atttend any wedding there in Pakistan?

getimage1d.jpg

Yikes! Hindu's style wedding?? It is definitely not Pakistan's wedding dress, Shoaib should know better! :blink:

never mind.

Zaki, I have attended wedding in Pakistan, Canada and US, UK......

Perfectly normal attire for a Muslim Subcontinental marriage.

No... Its not... But obviously the number of replies will shrink.

You dont HAVE TO discuss anything... None is compelling you:taz:... But I think if they bear any offsprings certainly it will be worth discussing here.

KIT Over

Dude.. That was written to add humour.. may be u missed the point..

I wish the couple best of luck in their future marriage life and they will live happily ever after.

Alright so will this thread be continued till their first child or what???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom