What's new

Sana Bucha resigns from Geo, joins Dunya News

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: TV anchor Sana Bucha has resigned from Geo over differences with the channel’s management, JournalismPakistan reported on Sunday.
It is reported that Bucha will now be working with Dunya News and will get the 10pm slot.
Bucha had earlier resigned in July this year purportedly in protest of Geo’s rehiring of Dr Aamir Liaquat. She was, however, persuaded to stay back.
Explaining the latest departure, the TV anchor tweeted saying she has left “Geo because of Geo, not for any other channel.”
JournalismPakistan stated that Bucha resigned because she was upset about Liaquat being offered to host a special show on child rights activist Malala Yousufzai.

Sana Bucha resigns from Geo, joins Dunya News – The Express Tribune

Dunya news seems to be the last refuge of liberal Pakistanis. A while ago Hassan Nisar also jumped ship. Is there any change in GEO's policy or leadership?

this journalist lota bazi is another topic

mubashir luqman kicked from dunya joins ARY

talat hussain quits dawn news and joins express

now sana quits geo joins dunya news

Dunya news seems to be the last refuge of liberal Pakistanis. A while ago Hassan Nisar also jumped ship. Is there any change in GEO's policy or leadership?

Huh? They are all one and the same. I don't know about the accuracy of this news, this SAME news was reported 2-3 months back and she was also replaced by someone on Lekin and then after 2-3 weeks she was back after renegotiating her contract. It was weird.

Whats her concern with Aamir Liaquat anyway?

And then joining Dunya which was behind that whole Mubashir Luqmaan thing?

They are all one and the same. Journalists are just doing a job, they'll go where they get the best offer from.

@sanabucha: @etribune I could write a whole book on why I left Geo but it wasn't for the reasons u quoted. U want the story. Ask. Don't speculate.

what would you call this???? :lol:

@sanabucha: @etribune I could write a whole book on why I left Geo but it wasn't for the reasons u quoted. U want the story. Ask. Don't speculate.

Banda principles ke liay Jhat se quit karta hai, he doesn't have a job lined for them right away. I would assume it would be partially both, Aamir Liaquat is a pathetic person, so its probable she had issues with him and then she waited it out till she got a good offer from Dunya.

Shoda-e-Aala: @NasimZehra @sanabucha Teray Aazad Bundon Ki Na Yeh Dunya Na Voh Dunya :)

Huh? They are all one and the same. I don't know about the accuracy of this news, this SAME news was reported 2-3 months back and she was also replaced by someone on Lekin and then after 2-3 weeks she was back after renegotiating her contract. It was weird.

Whats her concern with Aamir Liaquat anyway?

And then joining Dunya which was behind that whole Mubashir Luqmaan thing?

They are all one and the same. Journalists are just doing a job, they'll go where they get the best offer from.

Yeah probably. From here it looks like everyone is taking decisions based on what is good for Pakistan :). At least from the etribune's story it sounds like Aamir Liaquat(I know him from his green soles beliefs. :lol:) in = Sana Bucha out. So the assumption made sense.

Good to know people are thinking about money. That means things are normal:P

One thing you must be sure. These anchors and journalists have little qualms about morality. We have ample evidence ever since media has been 'free' in Pakistan. Its more free than one can imagine.

Express Tribune is like a tabloid. It always trivializes issues and puts a cheap publicity spin on news. Sana's reason could have been something else or to some extent what's reported. But the way Express Tribune puts it in the report is most laughable.

She left Geo, Joined Dunya

Expresstribune is khamakha parai shadi mein abdullah dewana

She left Geo, Joined Dunya

Expresstribune is khamakha parai shadi mein abdullah dewana

She got a good offer from Dunya TV and could not resist the temptation of getting a pocket full money package. Earlier on, Abdul Malik, Younus Butt, Hassan Nisar, Nazir Naji have left GEO and joined DUNYA TV. Don’t tell me that they all had objection to Amir Liaquat’s appearance on GEO.I don’t Know what is big deal about this, I think there are some portals are systematically launch
campaign against Aamir Liaquat and Spreading Conspiracy Theory to Relax their personal grudge.
We all know in this media industry every one switch some for better opportunity, some for better money and some for better position.

It’s just professionalism.

Bucha is a Parsi surname.

Is she Parsi? Or married to one?

460642-SanaBuchaPHOTOCOURTESYCATWALKPR-1352024150-580-640x480.jpg

Quit the current employer & signed with another employer.... thats it...

Back
Top Bottom