What's new

Featured Samsung to Use Pakistan-origin SiFive RISC-V Cores for SoCs, Automotive, 5G Applications

With all the links I've provided, if you still feel the titles of Chairman, CEO & President makes him the Co-Founder...I can only pity your ignorance

Lemme summarize

SiFive was founded by three UC-Berkeley grads Yunsup Lee (South Korea), Krste Asanovic (UK) and Andrew Waterman (US) in 2015

upload_2020-8-3_11-47-2-png.658266

Naveed Sherwani who was the Co-Founder of Open-Silicon (the other co-founder being Indian origin Satya Gupta) currently based out of Bangalore was brought on-board SiFive in 2017. Open-Silicon has been acquired by SiFive in 2018

In order to support Asian operations and US-China trade war, StarFive and SemiFive Technologies have been opened in China and South Korea respectively. Naveed Sherwani is the Co-Founder & CEO of StarFive Tech which is the Chinese arm of SiFive. The about page of SiFive clearly mentions Naveed being the President & CEO while the other three being Co-Founders along with their respective positions in the company

Naveed's LinkedIn also states he's the CEO, President and Chairman of SiFive but not the Co-Founder. Just because a person has multiple titles doesn't make him the co-founder. He's been brought in due to his vast experience in the semi-con and chip industry both on a technical and business standpoint. Again, I'm not undermining his capabilities to lead the company but simply stating the fact that he isn't the co-founder

If you still aren't able to comprehend and assume he's the co-founder of SiFive so that it makes you sleep better at night, so be it...I rest my case

At least now you admit that he’s the cofounder of Open-Silicon which was acquired by SiFive while at the same time being the CEO, President and Chairman of SiFive and the co-founder of their Chinese subsidiary. Give it some time, you will come around. I believe in you.

At least now you admit that he’s the cofounder of Open-Silicon which was acquired by SiFive while at the same time being the CEO, President and Chairman of SiFive and the co-founder of their Chinese subsidiary. Give it some time, you will come around. I believe in you.
I admire your efforts to prove hard that he's the co-founder but StarFive Technologies isn't the same as SiFive. It is a chinese arm setup due to US-China trade war. Take a look at the employees. There are only 10 people associated with two CEO's for StarFive, one being Naveed and the other is Thomas Xu

It looks like you have serious comprehension issues. How exactly does Naveed become the Co-founder of SiFive? Sifive came into existence in 2015 while Naveed joined the company in 2017. Naveed is the Co-Founder of Open-Silicon (the other Co-Founder being Indian Origin Satya Gupta) which was acquired by SiFive (in 2018) who's co-founders are three UCB grads Yunsup Lee, Krste Asanovic and Andrew Waterman

I never said Naveed isn't the president or CEO. All I was saying is he isn't the Co-Founder of SiFive. Being the Co-Founder of Open-Silicon or Star Five both being the subs of SiFive doesn't make him the Co-Founder of SiFive

Again, I wasn't trolling but only stating the obvious. SiFive isn't co-founded by a Pakistani origin man but three UC Berkely Grads, Yunsup Lee (South Korean), Krste Asanovic (UK) and Andrew Waterman (US). The CEO is Pakistani Origin Naveed Sherwani who is the Co-Founder of SiFive's subs StarFive Tech based outta Shanghai, China and Open-Silicon (other Co-founder Satya Gupta) based outta Bengaluru, India

That's what I've been saying from the start. He's the Co-Founder of Open-Silicon and StarFive but not SiFive which is the parent org. I have included my previous posts where I stated the same

But now I'm positive you do have comprehension issues

Last edited:
That's what I've been saying from the start. He's the Co-Founder of Open-Silicon and StarFive but not SiFive which is the parent org. I have included my previous posts where I stated the same

But now I'm positive you do have comprehension issues

Let’s allow others to read the thread and reach their own conclusion. You are driven by a vile anti Pakistan agenda and you have outed yourself.

This is why I want to start a WSJ-type news site or publication, it's to cover initiatives such as this on one hand, and take our overlords to task on the other in such a way they don't understand what's going on, but are losing ground.

Smug overlords need a rude awakening. Their own career trajectory and power plans are set so the rest of the country matters little.

We Should Pursue This The Same Way We Pursued Nuclear Technology

I Know That NESCOM Does Do IC Designing For Missiles

@Falcon26 @Zapper, I don't see what the drama is about on this thread. The processor in question is RISC-V which is an open source design from some while ago. Neither Pakistan nor India have managed to design their own local processor but are simply building chips based around RISC-V.

@Falcon26 @Zapper, I don't see what the drama is about on this thread. The processor in question is RISC-V which is an open source design from some while ago. Neither Pakistan nor India have managed to design their own local processor but are simply building chips based around RISC-V.
Nothing to do with RISC-V being an open source. OP's opening line claimed that SiFive was founded by Naveed Sherwani but in reality it is not. He is the founder of SiFive's chinese arm StarFive after being made the CEO and Open-Silicon (Co-Founded by Naveed & Satya Gupta). The parent company SiFive which acquired Open-Silicon has three Co-Founders who are UC Berkeley grads

Falcon26's claim is that just because Naveed has the title of CEO & President and being the Co-Founder of it's Chinese arm and Open-Silicon being acquired by SiFive, he's assuming Naveed is also the Co-Founder of SiFive

I have summarized in post#46

Even if we think of doing something as such, this work will take a long time to come to fruition.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom