What's new

Featured Samsung to Use Pakistan-origin SiFive RISC-V Cores for SoCs, Automotive, 5G Applications

Naveed was the co-founder, President and CEO of Open-Silicon while at the same time being ceo, President and chairman of SiFive
You were the one claiming Naveed was the co-founder of SiFive while I just refuted your claims with credible proofs

By your own logic, if the three co-founders you listed now become president/ceo of the company, that means they are no longer co-founders? Ridiculous
I never said Naveed isn't the president or CEO. All I was saying is he isn't the Co-Founder of SiFive. Being the Co-Founder of Open-Silicon or Star Five both being the subs of SiFive doesn't make him the Co-Founder of SiFive

You were the one claiming Naveed was the co-founder of SiFive while I just refuted your claims with credible proofs

I never said Naveed isn't the president or CEO. All I was saying is he isn't the Co-Founder of SiFive. Being the Co-Founder of Open-Silicon or Star Five both being the subs of SiFive doesn't make him the Co-Founder of SiFive

You have provided no credible proof but only exposed your bigoted hatred of anything Pakistan. Please stop Replying to my posts.

I understand your frustration and your futile efforts to prove your point but running to the mods and deleting my posts doesn't change ground reality

The only frustration on this thread is being exhibited by Indians like you. Moderators have responsibility to take action against nuisance posters like you. I have replied to you in good faith but it’s now apparent your agenda is to drawn out the discussion with your silly diversions. There’s a policy against trolls like you and that policy should be exercised.

goodbye

The only frustration on this thread is being exhibited by Indians like you. Moderators have responsibility to take action against nuisance posters like you. I have replied to you in good faith but it’s now apparent your agenda is to drawn out the discussion with your silly diversions. There’s a policy against trolls like you and that policy should be exercised.

goodbye
Again, I wasn't trolling but only stating the obvious. SiFive isn't co-founded by a Pakistani origin man but three UC Berkely Grads, Yunsup Lee (South Korean), Krste Asanovic (UK) and Andrew Waterman (US). The CEO is Pakistani Origin Naveed Sherwani who is the Co-Founder of SiFive's subs StarFive Tech based outta Shanghai, China and Open-Silicon (other Co-founder Satya Gupta) based outta Bengaluru, India

Open-silicon having presence in India means nothing. Open-silicon also has presence in Pakistan.
The entire development and design work of Open-Silicon is carried out in Bengaluru while Pakistan's looks like nothing more than a field office...it isn't even represented in their website and you had to get it outta some yellowpages kinda website while there are open positions listed on their career page in both Bengaluru and Pune

There is no Pakistan origin - claiming the CEO is Pakistani origin will backfire just as the recent attempt to claim a lady Pakistani scientist did until everyone realized she was a lesbian.

All Pakistan has to do with this is Mr. Naveed’s mommy and daddy got together to make him in Pakistan.

Pakistan origin means a Pakistani company with a Pakistani designed product being manufactured in Pakistan using largely Pakistani funding.

Until that happens, lets not claim credit and instead take inspiration as to what Pakistan can do better as a nation and not start celebrating on every little third party achievement while the largest city floods.

Positive Pakistan is very good, but making up or exaggerating positive news is not.

That is what our neighbors do - no need to follow their lead or become pathological liars on a national level like them.

There is no Pakistan origin - claiming the CEO is Pakistani origin will backfire just as the recent attempt to claim a lady Pakistani scientist did until everyone realized she was a lesbian.

All Pakistan has to do with this is Mr. Naveed’s mommy and daddy got together to make him in Pakistan.

Pakistan origin means a Pakistani company with a Pakistani designed product being manufactured in Pakistan using largely Pakistani funding.

Until that happens, lets not claim credit and instead take inspiration as to what Pakistan can do better as a nation and not start celebrating on every little third party achievement while the largest city floods.

Positive Pakistan is very good, but making up or exaggerating positive news is not.

That is what our neighbors do - no need to follow their lead or become pathological liars on a national level like them.

Naveed Sherwani was educated and received his bachelor degree in Pakistan. He has set up a design center in Lahore, Pakistan, held many tech summits in Pakistan and recently signed a deal to partner with Pakistan’s National Incubation Center to help Pakistani startups; why shouldn’t he be considered Pakistan-origin, or is being Pakistani a pariah? Need to come out of this inferiority complex.

UET Hosts SiFive Tech Symposiums Pakistan 2019
University of Engineering and Technology (UET) on Wednesday joined hands with SiFive in co-hosting SiFive Tech Symposiums-Pakistan on the semiconductor Design Revolution enabled by RISC-V architecture in partnership with RISC-V Foundation and Lampro Mellon

https://www.urdupoint.com/en/amp/te...five-tech-symposiums-pakistan-201-760945.html

Naveed Sherwani was educated and received his bachelor degree in Pakistan. He has set up a design center in Lahore, Pakistan, held many tech summits in Pakistan and recently signed a deal to partner with Pakistan’s National Incubation Center to help Pakistani startups; why shouldn’t he be considered Pakistan-origin, or is being Pakistani a pariah? Need to come out of this inferiority complex.

UET Hosts SiFive Tech Symposiums Pakistan 2019
University of Engineering and Technology (UET) on Wednesday joined hands with SiFive in co-hosting SiFive Tech Symposiums-Pakistan on the semiconductor Design Revolution enabled by RISC-V architecture in partnership with RISC-V Foundation and Lampro Mellon

https://www.urdupoint.com/en/amp/te...five-tech-symposiums-pakistan-201-760945.html
I am referring to the chips - they are not Pakistani origin. Naveed has input and he deserves credit but so do the rest.

Mislabelling the thread as “Pakistani origin chips” is the same crap as saying Satya Nadella created the pixel.

I am referring to the chips - they are not Pakistani origin. Naveed has input and he deserves credit but so do the rest.

Mislabelling the thread as “Pakistani origin chips” is the same crap as saying Satya Nadella created the pixel.

Well, at the end of the day as long as these companies are investing in Pakistan, creating jobs and changing the image of their home country, that’s a win-win. Let superficial people worry about the rest. Nadeem Sherwani has invested his time and energy to give back to his country and deserves respect.

No-one said the chips were of Pakistan origins, that’s a concoction of your own making. What was said is that the person behind the company is a Pakistani-American with strong connections to Pakistan. Don’t project your comprehension issues on everyone else.

Just a sample of things to come. Thanks for sharing. I envision a rising Pakistan which will be a success story just like our brothers Turkey and Malaysia.

Well, at the end of the day as long as these companies are investing in Pakistan, creating jobs and changing the image of their home country, that’s a win-win. Let superficial people worry about the rest. Nadeem Sherwani has invested his time and energy to give back to his country and deserves respect.

No-one said the chips were of Pakistan origins, that’s a concoction of your own making. What was said is that the person behind the company is a Pakistani-American with strong connections to Pakistan. Don’t project your comprehension issues on everyone else.
SiFive is a company founded by Pakistani-American Naveed Sherwani
That's what your opening headline claimed he's the co-founder of SiFive wherein he's not. It's more like claiming Satya Nadella is the Co-Founder of Microsoft or Sundar Pichai for Google just because they now are the CEOs

Now that you've been proved wrong, you started changing your narrative. You should be changing both the thread's title and the opening headline

90% of posts on this thread are discussing the origin of the CEO and other useless baqwas, rather than discussing the innovative technology. No wonder we are so behind in S&T.

That's what your opening headline claimed he's the co-founder of SiFive wherein he's not. It's more like claiming Satya Nadella is the Co-Founder of Microsoft or Sundar Pichai for Google just because they now are the CEOs

Now that you've been proved wrong, you started changing your narrative. You should be changing both the thread's title and the opening headline

The Indian guys you have mentioned are not the ceo, chairman and presidents of those companies concurrently. Nadeem Sherwani is. You still haven’t proven your theory that the gentleman in question isn’t a founder.

The Indian guys you have mentioned are not the ceo, chairman and presidents of those companies concurrently. Nadeem Sherwani is. You still haven’t proven your theory that the gentleman in question isn’t a founder.
With all the links I've provided, if you still feel the titles of Chairman, CEO & President makes him the Co-Founder...I can only pity your ignorance

Lemme summarize

SiFive was founded by three UC-Berkeley grads Yunsup Lee (South Korea), Krste Asanovic (UK) and Andrew Waterman (US) in 2015

upload_2020-8-3_11-47-2-png.658266

Naveed Sherwani who was the Co-Founder of Open-Silicon (the other co-founder being Indian origin Satya Gupta) currently based out of Bangalore was brought on-board SiFive in 2017. Open-Silicon has been acquired by SiFive in 2018

In order to support Asian operations and US-China trade war, StarFive and SemiFive Technologies have been opened in China and South Korea respectively. Naveed Sherwani is the Co-Founder & CEO of StarFive Tech which is the Chinese arm of SiFive. The about page of SiFive clearly mentions Naveed being the President & CEO while the other three being Co-Founders along with their respective positions in the company

Naveed's LinkedIn also states he's the CEO, President and Chairman of SiFive but not the Co-Founder. Just because a person has multiple titles doesn't make him the co-founder. He's been brought in due to his vast experience in the semi-con and chip industry both on a technical and business standpoint. Again, I'm not undermining his capabilities to lead the company but simply stating the fact that he isn't the co-founder

If you still aren't able to comprehend and assume he's the co-founder of SiFive so that it makes you sleep better at night, so be it...I rest my case

Back
Top Bottom