What's new

Samsung News and Updates

That's a very expensive lesson for Samsung, what happened to those Viets who said Made in China is crap? :rofl:
This fiasco has cost Samsung dearly now the South Koreans may have to rethink about trusting those unreliable Viets :lol:
Don't laugh too loud. Samsung Vietnam today announces the recall won't hurt jobs and production in Vietnam factories. Moreover revenues will increase.

Don't laugh too loud. Samsung Vietnam today announces the recall won't hurt jobs and production in Vietnam factories. Moreover revenues will increase.
lol, does it even make sense to you? Recall will temporarily halt production. Consumer confidence will be affected by the recall resulting in less people buying the note 7. How can revenue increase if you're selling less units? :enjoy:

lol, does it even make sense to you? Recall will temporarily halt production. Consumer confidence will be affected by the recall resulting in less people buying the note 7. How can revenue increase if you're selling less units? :enjoy:
Haven't you realized Samsung produces more than just the faulty model? Vietnam is Samsung global production base for almost everything.

I think that Samsung Vietnam is vilified unnecessarily.

Samsung Vietnam assembles the phone. They don't make the battery, the battery were originally from SK.
(The next batch of battery could come from China).

Samsung Vietnam is a subsidiary, they do what the SK headquarters asked them to.

So, let's not get carried away and put the blame on just one party.

Lastly, feel free to rebut or disagree and move on.

I think that Samsung Vietnam is vilified unnecessarily.

Samsung Vietnam assembles the phone. They don't make the battery, the battery were originally from SK.
(The next batch of battery could come from China).

Samsung Vietnam is a subsidiary, they do what the SK headquarters asked them to.

So, let's not get carried away and put the blame on just one party.

Lastly, feel free to rebut or disagree and move on.
They now think it's not about battery...
Dunno what they are doing....
Samsung's smart phone is officially dead in China.

That's the price to move high tech factories into a sub-industrial country simply for low cost. Samsung not only loses its China market share, but also world wide market share.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-production-galaxy-note-7-phone-battery-fires

That's a very expensive lesson for Samsung, what happened to those Viets who said Made in China is crap? :rofl:
This fiasco has cost Samsung dearly now the South Koreans may have to rethink about trusting those unreliable Viets :lol:

“This measure includes a Samsung plant in Vietnam that is responsible for global shipments (of the Galaxy Note 7),”

Theguardian should post all pictures taken from the Singapore lab testing, concluding the battery is the culprit.
EP-161009187.jpg&MaxW=960&imageVersion=default&NCS_modified=20161010072248

EP-161009187.jpg&MaxW=960&imageVersion=default&NCS_modified=20161010072248

Samsung Note 7 battery is measured for its physical dimensions at the laboratory in Singapore. Edgar Su / Reuters

Samsung SDI supplies 70 percent of batteries used in the cellphone giant‘s latest phablets with the rest produced by Chinese battery maker ATL.

Samsung is still a most desired brand, China doesn't have nothing to seriously compete against!:pleasantry:

Shipping volume Q2 2016
Samsung 79 million units
Huawei 32 million units

Huawei and Lenovo salivate at Samsung phone fail

Hmm, interesting reasoning skills (or lack of it) by Chinese members here.

Lets see some facts: units assembled in both Vietnam and SK were found to be faulty. Later on, units assembled in China were also found to be faulty. Samsung then halted all productions in all plants in China, VN and SK.

Chinese logic: Aha! Its the fault of Vietnam, see what happen when you move production to their poor standard plants (while praising high standard of Chinese units in another thread). Then they refused to comment on why units assembled in China were found faulty and recalled.

Its bemusing to see the lack of reasoning skills from our PDF chinese here. At least troll with a bit more rationality.

Well you have smart Chinese like Andrew Jin that says its not a battery issue

Pretty obvious most Chineses members on pdf are dish washers working in the same restaurant.

Thats what I mean by lack of reasoning skills....whether the problem belong to the battery or not, faulty units can be found from plants in all 3 countries: CN, SK and VN. So even if the battery is not the issue, then Chinese assembly lines still has the same problem as the ones in VN and SK. Our dear Chinese fellows in this thread can’t even string together these simple train of thoughts?

Samsung is still a most desired brand, China doesn't have nothing to seriously compete against!:pleasantry:
Now, this is a false statement.
Huawei and a few others are ahead of Samsung in sales in China.

Lets see some facts: units assembled in both Vietnam and SK were found to be faulty. Later on, units assembled in China were also found to be faulty. Samsung then halted all productions in all plants in China, VN and SK.

Chinese logic: Aha! Its the fault of Vietnam, see what happen when you move production to their poor standard plants (while praising high standard of Chinese units in another thread). Then they refused to comment on why units assembled in China were found faulty and recalled.

Its bemusing to see the lack of reasoning skills from our PDF chinese here. At least troll with a bit more rationality.

Thats what I mean by lack of reasoning skills....whether the problem belong to the battery or not, faulty units can be found from plants in all 3 countries: CN, SK and VN. So even if the battery is not the issue, then Chinese assembly lines still has the same problem as the ones in VN and SK. Our dear Chinese fellows in this thread can’t even string together these simple train of thoughts?
Now, I can see you have made some sweeping statement and assumptions. Using sweeping statement and assumptions is not really good reasoning too, right?

Btw, I am not saying that I am 100% right. (Very well, I could be wrong, no issues here).
Basically what I am saying is don't get carried away.

Thanks god we have our own brand in Bangladesh. Using one for the last 4 years without any issue except they replaced my display for free after i broke them.. ;)
Young kids here, don't expect me to change my phone every 3 mos to show to my gf... so dont laugh.

Now, this is a false statement.
Huawei and a few others are ahead of Samsung in sales in China.

Now, I can see you have made some sweeping statement and assumptions. Using sweeping statement and assumptions is not really good reasoning too, right?

Btw, I am not saying that I am 100% right. (Very well, I could be wrong, no issues here).
Basically what I am saying is don't get carried away.

Huh? I wasn’t referring to your comment, I didn’t know you are Chinese. Please read my post again, I was specifically referring to the Chinese members in this thread and their logic. I don’t see how I have made a sweeping statement/assumption. Even just reading the OP, which is a flamebait thread to begin with, his logic and rationale in that post is that low quality manufacturers is the cause, which his Chinese buddies join along and specifically mentioned VN, while ignoring the fact that units assembled in SK and CN can be faulty too. Is that not poor logic or what?

Well if Viets don't have to worry about their jobs that's good. Either way Samsung's reputation just took a diving and that's a fact. Apple, Huawei, Xiaomi and other Chinese brands can take advantage of it. This news teaches you Viets not to laugh at "Made in China" products. We wouldn't be pointing this out had you Viet member not said that Chinese products are crapware. Whatever the issue is, it's quite serious for Samsung to completely stop producing and selling the Note 7.

SK phone take a nosedive after this debacle. Soon the will close all the plant in Vietnam.

SK phone take a nosedive after this debacle. Soon the will close all the plant in Vietnam.
yes, Samsung will take a hit. No, wrong conclusion. Samsung should do something to save the money that goes lost due to the recall: they can close all manufacturing factories in Korean and China and move them to Vietnam :)

You Can Choose To Replace Your Note 7 With Upcoming Huawei Mate 9

Victor Thomson :lol::D:enjoy:

First Posted: Oct 12, 2016 11:19 PM EDT

huawei-mate-9.jpg

Huawei will launch next month its Mate 9 line of flagship smartphones composed of two models. Credit:Latest Tech Reviews/YouTube

Huawei's upcoming Mate 9 can be a good choice if you are looking to replace your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone.

Huawei's Upcoming Mate 9 Line

According to CNET, leaked images online suggest that Huawei will follow Samsung's model and launch two versions of its next flagship smartphone: one featuring a standard edge display and another featuring a dual-edge curved display. For those who want to replace their discharged Galaxy Note 7 device, Huawei's Mate 9 devices are a good option to consider. They are expected to be launched next month, at Huawei's event in Munich on Nov. 3.

On Wednesday, Oct. 12, reputable tipster Evan Blass, aka @evleaks, claimed in a tweet that Huawei plans to unveil two different body styles for the upcoming device. According to Venture Beat, the two Huawei flagship devices have the code names Island and Manhattan. They both will feature 5.9-inch screens, a 64-bit, eight-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 chips, 6 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage, according to Blass.

Huawei Long Island Model

Among the two flagship upcoming phones, Long Island reportedly features more premium details, including a 2K screen that supports Google's Daydream VR platform and a dual-edge curved display similar to Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. The Manhattan model will get a global release, while the Long Island phone may be restricted to China.If the rumor proves to be true, then Chinese manufacturer Huawei will be one of the Google's first hardware partners to release a daydream-ready phone.

Huawei Manhattan Model

According to Android Police, the Mate 9 Manhattan model is less offensive phone. This upcoming phone keeps in line with Huawei's design language style. According to rumors, the Mate 9 Manhattan model will feature a 5.9" 1080p screen and be powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 processor. The upcoming mobile device will come with 256 GB of internal storage and up to 6 GB of RAM.

In terms of digital camera equipment, the Manhattan will come with a 20 MP Leica dual-sensor camera setup capable of providing a f/2.0 aperture. This top of the line Huawei flagship device will be sold globally. Launching the Mate 9 Manhattan in the United States can be considered as a big step for Huawei, company that aims to become the number one global smartphone supplier.

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/40239/20161012/choose-replace-note-7-upcoming-huawei-mate-9.htm

Just an ordinary topic in BUSINESS world, degenerated into flame feast in this supposed to be FE AFFAIRS section of a DEFENCE forum. This thread is getting nowhere, locked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom