What's new

Sami rejects law against forced conversion of religion

Hazrat Ali A.S. was in the custody of Holy Prophet P.B.U.H. Other kids who accepted Islam came with their parents because there was no example that a child needed protection of the Holy Prophet except Hazrat Anas R.A. who was already servent of the Prophet with the permission of his parents.

Besides that there were no one under the protection of state except 'Ashaab e Sufa' who were elderly people.

So if today govt allows teenagers conversion and their parents disown them, govt will have to establish protection centers and children homes.

There is another option that give the kid to a local madrassa to protect and raise him. It won't be very advisable option for obvious reasons.

So there're two possible scenarios: 1.kids convert and their parents accept this change, 2.state takes the kids which parents won't allow to lose their kids.

We better know what are ground realities and preach the truth and act accordingly rather than living in and promoting fantasies.

Do you know the time when the Church went after Galileo bcuz of his Heliocentric theory.
Galileo must have been like "Where does in the Bible does it say that everything revolves around the Earth?"
And some smartass like you would've been like "Doesn't the Church know Christianity better than you Galileo?"
Not just the Roman Catholic Church:

Whoever wants to be clever must agree with nothing that others esteem. He must do something of his own. This is what that fellow does who wishes to turn the whole astronomy upside down. Even in these things that are thrown into disorder I believe the Holy Scriptures, for Joshua commanded the Sun to stand still and not the Earth.

The above was penned by that fire of the Reformation, Martin Luther, who denied the RCC's authority. Both ML & the RCC were convinced of Man's centrality to the universe, as purportedly described in scripture. A blow to that was seen as a blow to their religion (though it's easy to see that such descriptions can be interpreted poetically, rather than literally.)

This case seems rather different. Am I correct that what the law forbids is nothing new but what is controversial is the concept that Muslims be punished in the here and now for crimes committed upon non-Muslims, rather than leaving such punishment to Allah in the afterlife?

Not just the Roman Catholic Church:

Whoever wants to be clever must agree with nothing that others esteem. He must do something of his own. This is what that fellow does who wishes to turn the whole astronomy upside down. Even in these things that are thrown into disorder I believe the Holy Scriptures, for Joshua commanded the Sun to stand still and not the Earth.

The above was penned by that fire of the Reformation, Martin Luther, who denied the RCC's authority. Both ML & the RCC were convinced of Man's centrality to the universe, as purportedly described in scripture. A blow to that was seen as a blow to their religion (though it's easy to see that such descriptions can be interpreted poetically, rather than literally.)

This case seems rather different. Am I correct that what the law forbids is nothing new but what is controversial is the concept that Muslims be punished in the here and now for crimes committed upon non-Muslims, rather than leaving such punishment to Allah in the afterlife?

The case is different in content and context. The reason I alluded to the whole Heliocentric thing is bcuz u said that "Dont they know Islam better than u" and I wanted to show that just bcuz someone is considered an expert at religion doesn't mean they will always be right. Religion out of all the things can have many different interpretations and one must be very careful before opening a Pandora's box bcuz ppl will blindly follow what these religious experts say.

I was simply stating that "forced conversions" are not allowed in Islam. In fact in order to be a Muslim it's a requirement that the person who is converting must whole heartedly believe without doubt these words while reciting them "There is no God but God(Allah means God in Arabic) and Muhammad(PBUH) is his prophet".

Also there are specific verses in the Quran such as one below.
"Say, O disbelievers,
I do not worship what you worship.
Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.
Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.
Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion.”

It's completely okay for someone to have a different religion and they r guaranteed freedom to practice their religion under Islamic law. If forced conversion happened then the person responsible must be punished regardless of their race/color/caste/religion. The law applies to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom