What's new

Sale Of Russian Fighters To China Undermines Gates Decision On F-22

Well I think they should work on producing 4++ and 4.5 gen variants of J-10 and J-11, considering that the F-35 may become the mainstay in most neighboring airforces in the next decade. A "Lo" variant of the J-XX would probably be the better solution though.

I'm not saying it is wrong but just agreeing with no_name that it is risky. Upgrading outdated fighter to make them marginally more effective is not an efficient strategy unless there are immediate threats.

^^^ depends on purpose I guess. If cost of upgrading J-7s to drones is not too much then it may still be a good move.

In a likely war in near future you will still have these J-7s sitting on tarmac. They can either take off to engage the enemy or be destroyed on the ground. Despite being ridiculed human wave style attacks is still useful for some purpose. The differences is that now when we send them on likely one way trip we won't have to worry about pilot loss since they will be sitting somewhere else.

well at the very least they can be used for target drones, as a target drone the conversion should be cheaper, there are no worries about hacking and security as its not used in war

Back
Top Bottom