What's new

Salafi/Ahle Hadees in Pakistan protest against JuD/LeT

Status
Not open for further replies.
salafis?a new sect??i did not know that.
and JuD and LET???what are these things?

@ Ejaz R:

You are not refuting any of my arguments, & you are simply repeating your assumptions. I also told you why Deobandism/Salafism has a greater chance of being hijacked & exploited for Takfirism than any other ideology. The example you gave about Khomeni isn't comparable to Deobandism/Salafism on two counts: first of all, Taqleed of Khomeni/Khamenei/Sistani does not fall under the realm of contemporary Shia theology. It is not inspired by Shia theology, or what it stands for. Secondly, the Khomeni example you gave only applied to a one-off situation.

The very essence of Deobandism/Salafism is revisionism, & correcting the Biddahs & deviations from Muslim societies. It's a recent concept that has further taken elements of Takfirism over time. The difference between the Khomeni situation & this one is that, Khomeni said that in a one-off situation, for a specific war zone. Deobandism/Salafism is rampant in places where there is no war zone, many new converts who become radicalized, who radically change themselves are Salafi followers as well. Many of them become pan-Islamists. Deobandism/Salafism is a threat to intra-community harmony, & disturbs the balance of society. Even if it is not militant, it is extreme in its very foundation.

Lastly, the LeT has been declared a terror group inside Pakistan, it's been banned, it's activities has been clamped on, which has resulted in a record reduction of their infiltration into India. There has been no evidence found that declares JuD's complicity, if such evidence is presented, JuD will be banned too. Just because Salafi/Ahl-e-Hadees say this doesn't make it true, let the courts and the proper legal authorities decide this issue.

@ Ejaz R:

You are not refuting any of my arguments, & you are simply repeating your assumptions. I also told you why Deobandism/Salafism has a greater chance of being hijacked & exploited for Takfirism than any other ideology. The example you gave about Khomeni isn't comparable to Deobandism/Salafism on two counts: first of all, Taqleed of Khomeni/Khamenei/Sistani does not fall under the realm of contemporary Shia theology. It is not inspired by Shia theology, or what it stands for. Secondly, the Khomeni example you gave only applied to a one-off situation.

The very essence of Deobandism/Salafism is revisionism, & correcting the Biddahs & deviations from Muslim societies. It's a recent concept that has further taken elements of Takfirism over time. The difference between the Khomeni situation & this one is that, Khomeni said that in a one-off situation, for a specific war zone. Deobandism/Salafism is rampant in places where there is no war zone, many new converts who become radicalized, who radically change themselves are Salafi followers as well. Many of them become pan-Islamists. Deobandism/Salafism is a threat to intra-community harmony, & disturbs the balance of society. Even if it is not militant, it is extreme in its very foundation.

Lastly, the LeT has been declared a terror group inside Pakistan, it's been banned, it's activities has been clamped on, which has resulted in a record reduction of their infiltration into India. There has been no evidence found that declares JuD's complicity, if such evidence is presented, JuD will be banned too. Just because Salafi/Ahl-e-Hadees say this doesn't make it true, let the courts and the proper legal authorities decide this issue.
Sir Barelwis were already radicalised a long time ago Sir during freedom movements of Muslims during colonial period all the famous warriors who fought against goras were actually Sufis and they were really strict about Islam

respected members

as suspected. the discussion has trailed to religion and faith debate which was never the topic of discussion.
since such debate is beyond the scope of this thread, this section and this forum.

this has to be closed.
if you feel compelled. you can continue your discussion in private.

please let me know if you have any reservations about this action.

the topic was about a small protest by a certain sect of Islam that has been attributed by World and local media with Al Qaeda and taliban philosophy and the general Islamic terrorism. clearly these protesters begged to disagree and were specifically protesting against JuD and LeT.

it was a good initiative like Muslims of other faith have done the same already.
and that is that

thanks for your contribution but explaining and rebuking one faith or another is never a good idea and is against the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom